What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Running yesterday messed up my IT Band today πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… just rest, massage, some rolling. Send thoughts πŸ™
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    JimDew wrote: Β»
    alexmose wrote: Β»
    Running yesterday messed up my IT Band today πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… just rest, massage, some rolling. Send thoughts πŸ™

Ah, the IT band. Stretch well... then stretch some more

Yep. And foam roll is the devil!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    jozdpclarmfu.png
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Just getting started and sadly out of shape. So I'm starting small. I did 10 minutes of yoga stretches. 10 minutes of recumbent bike, another 15 minutes of general stretches and arm weights.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Virtual, can't wait to be able to go out again. New rules, cannot move further than 5km from your house.
    r0900suqshwc.jpg
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    On Thursday, for some reason I failed to get past the lobby of the pre-breakfast Zoom class. So I went for a walk. I also got an evening walk in, so ended up on over 30,000 steps. I saw a stag on the morning walk.

I felt broken on Friday, so all I managed was a walk.

On Saturday, I did an hour's yoga. I got a climb in on my home wall. It was a pretty good session. I really should make sure the mats are in the right spot if I do a dyno to a crimp at the top... No harm done, though.

On Monday, I did another walk, this time around 15 miles, getting 33,000 steps in.

6ckdpadezh1n.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just getting started and sadly out of shape. So I'm starting small. I did 10 minutes of yoga stretches. 10 minutes of recumbent bike, another 15 minutes of general stretches and arm weights.

That's exactly how you should start. It's smart. It's consistency that wins the race in the weight loss/health department. People that start off like a wildfire burn out or get hurt.

I'm out for a few days. Did 80 minutes steady state work yesterday and felt a slight tweak on the rower. Well, that was my lower back telling me it's decided to go out on me. Going to the chiropractor today. Old injury. Usually the lower back just takes a few adjustments and I'm right back at it. Feeling better today. Still not good but not as much pain when I walk and get up from a chair.

Since Covid hit, I haven't been on vacation yet this year. I usually take a four to seven day break twice a year on training so hard. Perhaps this will be my Summer break from working out, even if not planned.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I'd not stretched in a few days because of an injury and then I was away. Where I hiked 22km at 36C. So yesterday I did my stretching routine again and found that I can sit totally comfortably in an upright pigeon pose with front knee at 90 degree angle now on one side. No lengthy warm up needed. It just worked. Also could sit comfortably in a side split on my black roll and on something quite a bit thinner on both sides. It looks like not doing anything for a few days is beneficial.

Oh, I managed to get up out of a cosack squat. Just once (I was only stretching), but wow! Didn't expect that.
  • unforgettable2010
    unforgettable2010 Posts: 104 Member
    Morning:
    2x 90 min cardio

Evening:
    Flat Bench Barbell Press 5 sets
    Incline Bbell Press 3 sets
    Decline Machine Press 4 sets
    Machine Flys 1 set-50 reps

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Sydney Cummings 30 minute 500 calorie dumbell full body workout and playing with the kidddos
  • yirara
    I did a bit of relaxing yoga yesterday. Nothing extreme. Then wanted to see how far down I come with front splits. And came nearly all the way down without any actual discomfort. This kind of shocked me so much that I decided not to work out today because I know I want to try it again. Which is probably not good.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Floor Press 4X8
    Close grip incline dumb bell press 4X8
    Fly's 4X10
    Tricep Pull downs 3x20
    Skull Crusher 4X8
    Single Arm French Press 4X8
    Hip Adduction Machine 3X20
    Ab Work
    30 min brisk walk with the Doggo.

This is my least favorite workout day. I've never liked bench pressing and my numbers reflect it. Only 2 more weeks till my program changes again and it'll be a glorious day! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I walked with Leslie Sansone (dvd) for 5 miles with a walking boot on :) Very proud of myself :)
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    Hi folks ☺
    Hit work workout πŸ’ͺ
    Good paced walk 9000 steps πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ
  • unforgettable2010
    2 x 90 min.... 10 miles

Going in the gym shortly for Back Day.
  • yirara
    Yoga. And the front splits repeat I so desperately wanted to do yesterday. I came pretty much all the way down :o Well, my hip flexors are still too tight to get the back leg all the way down. So I guess to achieve front splits I spent
    about 3 months trying to figure out what works for me (it's not stretching, but rather massaging), and about 4 weeks to get into the splits without specifically training for it and only trying it 1-2 times per week. Wow!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Today I did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone dvd and 60 minute aerobics dvd with Richard Simmons
  • colieblossom
    Walked 8000 steps.
    Hit work out.
    Yoga
  • unforgettable2010
    90min Cardio twice

Standing Overhead Bbell Press (Alternate Front to Back) 4 sets
    Overhead Press Seated Smith Machine 4 sets
    Cross Cables (for Rear Delts) 4 sets
    Shoulder Press Machine -Front Press Grip...3 sets
    Lat Raises (Run the Rack) 25/10, 20/12, 15/15, 10/20, 5/25 (pounds/reps... All done as one set) 2 sets total.
  • colieblossom
    I Walked 14790 steps today.