NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Sounds like you had some great luck on the clearance racks! I also have some of my favorite pants around that I used to wear I size smaller as motivation (I couldn't stand to give them up). I hope the new clothes motivate you too! I hope you were able to find some things in your current size too cause you deserve great new clothes now too!

I went a little overboard yesterday on our date day, the ice cream treat ended up being way bigger than I expected so I feel pretty bloated today, but it was delicious and I tracked it. Small wins, right?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Now I want some Somali food! :) I know there must be a Somali restaurant in my town. I'm going to look it up. I love the weekends, too, even not working it feels different. Small wins indeed, need to celebrate those.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yes, focus focus focus! I do hope they start on the bathroom tomorrow. Thanks re: the menu. I don't think I could survive a summer in the south. I complain enough about the summers over here on the west coast lol. You are doing great, you are going to fit in those clothes!!!

Hello everyone! I just realized it's been a while since I've had to take a Prilosec. That's something to celebrate. I have to get ready to go back to work today, get out my "work purse" and make sure I've got my keys, badge, etc. I'd hate to get there and realize I'd forgotten something. I'm more likely to forget something if I wait until the last minute tomorrow morning. Tonight, we are having 2-ingredient dough pizza. Have you heard of that? The dough is made of 1 cup of self-rising flour and 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt. It's really good.

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld Yaaaay on your weight loss. Doing backflips here. That's the way I feel right now. Mine is just having groceries delivered. That's my extent. I play a Zoom game of Jeopardy or Family Feud every couple of weeks. That's my social situation. This too shall pass. I like a little whine and cheese so carry on. Better than eating over it, right?

@mswatson0777 I'll have to look up some Somalian dishes on Pinterest. I could probably recreate. Maybe it will help beat the boredom right now. I did dance some yesterday and walked.

@teresaw1020 Yes, it's a good time to shop I think right now. Let's agree to make it a good August so we can be in smaller sizes.

Saturday Green Day Stayed OP 221/238 Intentional Movement: 67 min walk 18 min YouTube video

August goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via movement: o:) Preplan food o:)
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2020
    Red Day Stayed OP 96/100 Intentional Movement: 26 min walk 12 min YouTube video

August goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! That's good you play a Zoom game. I wish I could get my friends to do that but only one of my friends will do that. Yes, better whine and cheese than overeating! ;) Keep up the good work!

Hello everyone! First day back to work. I'm ready! I'm nervous! Let's get this show on the road!

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Let me know how you liked the pizza. I tried cinnamon rolls with the two ingredient dough once and the tartness of the yogurt didn't work as well with it as I'd have liked, but I wonder if it's better with savory? And not taking a Prilosec for awhile is a huge win! There's something to be said about the reduced stress of being at home verses work 40+ hours a week.

@theslightedgeforever I definitely recommend it! I've been doing different ethnic themed food nights and it's been a lot of fun! Also, I tried the Hamilton workout video you recommended and loved her! She was super easy to follow and I had a lot of fun! Normally I struggle with dance videos since they transition moves so quick but she made it so accessible.

Happy Monday all! I can see I've got a stressful day ahead of me, which kind of stinks after my amazing weekend. We got together with friends last night for a socially distanced outside hangout and ended up talking for 4 hours!! It felt so good to connect with people other than my spouse lol. I was pretty lazy housework-wise this weekend so I need to cook for the week and fold laundry when I get home, oops! But I did get a bunch of grad-work in while I was bingeing Shameless so I'll take it as a win (the newest season is great, I can't believe how much that show has stood up over 10 seasons!).
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld How was your first day back? Keep up the good eating. I had so much fun at Zoom Jeopardy even though my team lost by $400. As mswatson said, so nice to just connect with someone that isn't my husband.

@mswatson0777 I looked up Somalian food on Pinterest and saw that some of the food I have eaten at Arabic restaurants. The flatbread looked amazing. I will have to try that at home. Although if it's too good, dh will want me to keep making it. That's not good for me. I'm glad you liked the Hamilton work out. I really like her videos and I do sweat a bunch and get my heart rate up even though I don't seem to be moving very fast. I guess lots of big arm and leg movements.

Red Day- Stayed OP 88/100 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

August goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via movement ** Preplan food o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 I'm glad that you had such a good weekend! :) I looked up Shameless but it is only on Showtime. Is that right? I'm almost done with a couple of shows we have been watching and I'm looking for a new series to get involved in.

@trooworld I'm thinking of you and wondering how it felt to be back at work. :)

@theslightedgeforever Look at those smiling halo emojis! Looks like you are doing great with your August goals so far. o:)

Good morning! :) Yesterday, I took mom to have the scar tissue removed from one of her eyes. She does the other eye next Monday and hopefully, that will improve her vision. Otherwise, she is looking at retina surgery. :/ My weight is up a bit and that is annoying but I will just keep working my plan. I started week 7 on my hybrid workout calendar and it's intense but I'm determined to finish all 8 weeks. OK, I'm off to go grocery shopping before it gets too hot.
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Oh we like the pizza a lot, we eat it all the time lol! Yeah, maybe the pizza is a better fit for the yogurt because I can eat that pizza! I'm sorry you have a stressful day ahead of you, you must be dreading it. :( I need to watch Shameless, I haven't seen it yet.

@theslightedgeforever Oh man, well, it was good but...I had 1,230 emails in one inbox and 930 emails in another! I'm still going through them. Most of the emails I can delete, they are just newsletters and stuff like that that can be deleted but some of the stuff needs to be handled. It felt good to be back.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Definitely check out Shameless, you will not be disappointed!

@TeresaW1020 Sorry to hear your weight is fluctuating (joys of being a woman). I hope your Mom's eye surgery goes well!

@theslightedgeforever I ended up making the spinach, potato, carrot dish last night and it was so quick, easy, and healthy! If your spouse likes it it might end up being a plus. http://xawaash.com/?p=2600

Yesterday was intensely stressful since our website isn't doing what I need it to, so now I'm manually reviewing students and I've got a meeting right away this morning with IT. I've also got back to back meetings until I leave today. Honestly, its exhausting, especially since I also need some brain energy to dive into my qualifying exam.

I ended up not doing homework last night because I finished up laundry, cooked for the week, and took both dogs for a long walk. Today I need to be more intentional on it.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    AFternoon guys...Oh I can never catch up on the post. I was gone too long. Last week was the pits, but moving on.. I walked yesterday, but not today. I really just wanted to sit and enjoy the quietness of the morning.
    I have been fasting from bedtime to 5pm..that is hard. I just went off the fast. I ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.LOL

Well I will try to get on here daily again...been cleaning out closets..

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Is your trendline on your weight going down overall? Remember weight loss is not a straight line down if you view it daily. Mine is always like a cha-cha-cha because my carbs/cals are higher on Thursday-Saturday. So I go up and then I go back down a bit farther than I was before. I have often thought to just not weigh myself for those three days since I only report my week once a week. But it keeps me motivated to continue consistently on those other four days. I might try one week and see how it works. Hopefully your mom's vision will be better and no surgery.

@trooworld What's your exercise plan for the week now that you are working? Emails: Yuck They should figure out a way for people to be able to check their emails from home in this situation.

@mswatson0777 Sounds like you have lots of mental work which needs physical to balance it to get all that stored up energy out. But don't forget to pamper yourself too. thanks for the recipe. Hubby is not really picky as long as he has some food in front of him.

@cbabie Yaaay on your walk. Yes fasting is hard which is why I tend not to do it. ;) I figure if I can eat and lose weight, why not. lol You know I take the path of least resistance. Although there is a method to my madness. I was telling someone that right now at a heavier weight, I try to eat the most calories and burn the least that I can get away with and still lose weight. Because the smaller I get, the less calories I will burn through thermogenesis and all that. So I will have to eat less and/or burn more to keep losing weight. If I'm already at the top of my limit on both, it leaves no wiggle room. You know I like my wiggle room.

I did another fun video: Well she had to break it into two. Hairspray. I loved that musical and all the songs. The moves I can't do I improvised. I got in a really good workout and it was so fun. Usually I'm just waiting for the time to pass so I can be done.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DiuSH27FC-A

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FdH1M-wsxgo

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 138/150 Intentional Movement: 17 min YouTube video 22 min walking

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited August 2020
    @trooworld Here's the video link: https://youtu.be/OjkOCv1csyY She has a lot of other videos I looked at. I think I'm going to try her Queen one next. You would think they would have more than one plumber. People need jobs nowadays. You need your shower fixed.

@mswatson0777 Look at the link I shared with @trooworld Are you being satisfied mentally with your food? Fun money is a good idea. I like to do that with clothes or something around the house. I'll see something and say oh that's too much money but one day I'd like to have it and a fun fund would do it.

@teresaw1020 Yaaay on your scale being down. Mine was down just a bit but down is down these days for me. I read Where the Crawdad sings for bookclub last year. Maybe the year before. Time all runs together now. Now I'll have to go look up Rent.

@gemwolf110 Have you been finding time to exercise in your busy busy schedule. I love the upgrade. Have you been watching HGTV? The white cabinets remind me of that. It brightens up the whole room. We watch that everyday and now they seem to be in re-runs on some of the shows. I keep telling dh I want to redo my family room.

So I lost 0.4 lbs this week. Down is down.

Green Day Stayed OP 184/238 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

July goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)

Lol yes I have been. HGTV is one of my favorite channels other than Discovery, Science Channel and National Geographic. It took me a good month for the kitchen. And a week for the bathroom vanity. Hard work but it’s gorgeous.
    trooworld wrote: »
    @mswatson0777 Yes!!! And I start back to work on Monday. I want a shower so I can shower before work! Good luck with your August goals, you can do it!

@gemwolf110 Hello, nice to hear from you! <3 Your kitchen, wow, what a difference paint makes, it looks great! How are you?

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I like that it's only 20 mins, that's a perfect length. Yeah, you would think they would have more than one plumber. :/ Congrats on the loss! :D

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day

I’ve been good. Keeping busy. Working 7 days a week and working on my house. Started on the front steps! Got the first coat down.

36dkjkqc5vdc.jpeg

Thank you all. Hoping to have fun cooking healthy in the updated kitchen :-)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I will, thanks for the recommendation! I love William H Macy! I'm sorry about the stress. I hope you can re-energize this weekend.

@cbabie Hi there! I hope you enjoyed the quietness, that sounds nice. Good luck with fasting.

@theslightedgeforever Well, this is the only week that I am working 40 hours so it's different. I am getting some exercise by walking the dog in the morning. Starting next week, I will be working from home 4 out of 5 days and only working 20 hours a week, so there will be plenty of time to exercise still. They deactivated my email access and access to the network while I was furloughed, unfortunately. Caused me a lot of work. Thanks for the hairspray video. I'm still planning on doing the Hamilton video.

@gemwolf110 Wow, that's great that you are doing your steps, too!

Hello everyone! I'm still not caught up at work but I'm closer. I've got a lot to do this week at work, I hope I can get it done. The shower should be installed on Thursday and Friday of this week, which is a relief.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 Sorry that your website is acting up. That is super annoying. Sounds like your life is as busy as always. I hope you get to have another relaxing weekend. :)

@cbabie Good to see you back! That is a long fast. Are you doing it every day? :)

@theslightedgeforever Yes my weight trendline is moving down but it still annoys me to see it jump back up. I really should be used to it since that has always been the way my body responds. Have you thought about taking your weekly average for your weight? That is what I’ve been doing for the last month and I really like it better. :)

Good morning! I woke up with a headache, which is something I’ve been dealing with off and on for a couple of weeks now. I’m telling myself that its weather related. :/ Today’s plans are to work out and then wash every knick-knack in my house. I have dusted but haven’t taken everything to the sink in months. I figure that will keep me busy and help me extend my fast. I’m going to strive for 22 hours today and see if I can move the scale. Have a good day!
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie I could never fast either, I need that energy to get me through the day!

@trooworld I hope you're able to get caught up this week. I'm excited your new shower is coming soon!

@gemwolf110 Thanks for sharing the link! And your front steps look GORGEOUS!

@theslightedgeforever For sure! I find exercise is really good at grounding me and mitigating the stress. Exercise is the one habit I actually stick with because I feel so much better when I do (it took me awhile to realize this- I didn't use to be an active person AT ALL!)

Happy Wednesday all! I'm feeling a lot better today about everything. Helps I finally went back to see my counselor last night which really grounded me. I also spent last night relaxing with my partner and watching Umbrella Academy so I've actually got energy for the day.

I'm really excited for the weekend. I've got a two day board training I have to attend, but I get a hotel room out of the deal and I get to explore the city while I'm there so that should be fun for a change of scenery. They're doing a social distancing training where we all get our own 6 ft table in a giant conference room with masks so I'm feeling fairly comfortable with it.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I hope your headache goes away soon. I hate headaches! Oh that sounds like a pain to wash every knick-knack but that should keep you busy lol. I hope you had a great day!

@mswatson0777 Me too! LOL I'm beyond excited for that shower!!! That's great that you relaxed with some TV and partner time. That sounds nice to get to enjoy a hotel room in the city.

Hi everyone. I hope you have a good day.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Oh my goodness, 22 hours?! Do you think about food all the time? Lol I say that as a chronic snacker so I'm always really impressed with people who can go that long

@trooworld Happy Thursday (and almost shower day!)

Happy Thursday All! I am BEAT! We just onboarded my second new employee in two months so I am swarmed with training and transition. I just realized it's 10am and I've barely drank my coffee! I've got back to back meetings until I leave for my doctor's appointment, so it's going to be a busy day. Hope you're all well!

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @cbabie I could never fast either, I need that energy to get me through the day!

@trooworld I hope you're able to get caught up this week. I'm excited your new shower is coming soon!

@gemwolf110 Thanks for sharing the link! And your front steps look GORGEOUS!

@theslightedgeforever For sure! I find exercise is really good at grounding me and mitigating the stress. Exercise is the one habit I actually stick with because I feel so much better when I do (it took me awhile to realize this- I didn't use to be an active person AT ALL!)

Happy Wednesday all! I'm feeling a lot better today about everything. Helps I finally went back to see my counselor last night which really grounded me. I also spent last night relaxing with my partner and watching Umbrella Academy so I've actually got energy for the day.

I'm really excited for the weekend. I've got a two day board training I have to attend, but I get a hotel room out of the deal and I get to explore the city while I'm there so that should be fun for a change of scenery. They're doing a social distancing training where we all get our own 6 ft table in a giant conference room with masks so I'm feeling fairly comfortable with it.

Thank you!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, sorry I wasn't here yesterday . Just wasn't a good day. I didn't walk, ate terrible...blah blah blah..
    I made me some oatmeal and carrying it to my office, I dropped it on the floor. I was so mad!! Had to redo and hurry to get on the phones..LOL. I did get my walk in..

@TeresaW1020 I am not fasting now..it was a 15 day and I finished on Monday..it was hard. I really don't like to fast anymore. I have done damage to my body by being so stubborn at times.

@gemwolf I love the pictures of your house. What a fun time. I love doing those things...right now I am cleaning out closets. LOL

@mswatson0777 Wow back to work and busy. Well I hope you get through the training soon. I hate when I realize I have been so busy that I haven't even taken a drink..I am important too LOL

@theslightedgeforever I know you love your wiggle room. I do too..we must have lived in the same house. LOL

@trooworld I am so glad your bathroom is FINALLY coming together. I am sure you are more happy than me LOL

Cbabie