Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Good morning,

Wednesday already?? This week is a blur, so I will gladly know it is half over.

Dawn I bought Good Feet inserts they were $$ but I have had them for 10 years. Check out Lana's suggestion to see if that is a possibility.

Got a "gift" from my company, mostly dont want/cant use or the one thing I wanted to use broke before I could. Not terribly surprised as I had that with my last company as well. What a waste of company money.

Clouds this morning and cooler air is much appreciated.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

I did look into Good feet awhile back...just wasn’t sure about spending the money, not knowing if they would really help. I honestly never realized how bad I need arch support...until working at the clinic...and, I was on my feet, on concrete for many years...

Funny you mention the work “gift” The Dr’s “Reward” us, when we reach certain goals. But, they don’t like to spend much money. So, the “Reward” for reaching a 6 month goal, is to buy a $35-$60 jacket and have the clinic name embroidered. Well, isn’t that just the sweetest...I decided, I didn’t want to order anything. I have soooo many jackets...there was a canvas tote that I really loved...but, I have sooo many bags... I hate being the person that never Joins (I just dont want to or feel a part of the Group) there’s just nothing at all that I really want...and, I am totally ok with that...

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    96mremuq1bcn.jpeg
    *** THURSDAY August 6th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Just getting us started.....BBL....

Lana

258.6 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good morning,

Lana thanks for starting us.

Amazing what the scale says when you drink your water!!!! Just rolling eyes and shaking head.

Water and walking is scheduled today.

Big "whoppee" this week is to get oil changed on Saturday so I can get my car checked for SMOG. Cant sleep in, but I can sleep later that day.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Rocky Runa - LOVE IT! you look well in your picture. So glad to hear from you! Congrats on the weight loss!
    Waves to Sarah, Lana, Dawn, Tracy and all others who stop by!
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Ladies~~

Runa - what a very nice surprise to see you--I love your Rocky Runa name. You look great! So glad for you that you are down during this Covid madness! 😄

Lynn - good to see you too!

Sara - Oil change and SMOG check? Be still my heart..... You sure do know how to have a good time. Special pillow fluffing for you during Saturday happy hour at the Cabana Club for sure!

Not to be outdone with the excitement around here, I plan to go to the laundromat to wash my big comforter, which doesn't fit in my weenie old washing machine. Woohoo!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Runa- great to your smiling face! Congrats on being down, during this strange time..
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    enjo4siv0wzo.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY August 7th ***

.....one eye is open......

This morning is the Pumpkin Loop walk with the ladies, and it might be the last because the woman who is the Meetup leader is stepping down and no one wants to be the leader....

I might have a go at it, but the Meetup leader must put up the money for the group, and if it is over $200 I won't be able to afford it.....I will report back later....

Lana

258.8 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Happy Friday!!

Lana - So there are fees to use the park/walkway? Hook up with a couple people you walk with and see if you can go walking as a small group.

Heat is back and while it is August and we should be hot, I have enjoyed the couple of cooler days.

Love waking up to emails from Monster and the issue is 2 weeks old and she wants me to tell her what I was thinking.... I cant even remember what I did Monday. Seems with Covid she has cancelled her 3 week vacation in September. What a shame.

Wave to all who follow. Make it a great Friday. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Lana - up front fees? hmmm. Maybe you as a new leader can collect from all the walkers up front as well? that is a hit in the pocket book!
    Sara- emails asking what one was thinking are so useless. One of the many issues with remote work is that people have decided they can email whatever they feel like. And unfortunately the end user reads in whatever tone they wish. Makes for horrible relations. Sorry she cancelled her/your vacation :wink:
    Waves to all! Warming up here in WI as well. Describing weekend as hazy and humid!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Happy Weekend. I have been trying to get back to 2-a-day walks these last few days. I was settling for one long walk but I think the dogs prefer 2 :)

Still logging most days, but at the end of the day. The good news is that I keep no junk food in the house to tempt me. So even though I wasn't as careful last week, the scale has moved and I'm feeling ok about it. Hoping that a return to work (from home) will help me with routine. I love my summer time--lots of work, but I do it when I want. Lack of routine is tough for me.

I'm refinancing my house and thinking ahead to retirement, which is 7-10 years away, probably. I am eligible for early retirement right now, but that whole lack of routine and my joy in my job keep me from taking the plunge. We will see how I feel in a few years, right?

I'm enjoying the relatively moderate weather here lately and not too worried about it getting hot again--it won't last b/c this is WI and summer doesn't extend beyond mid-September, and I love our fall weather.

Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday.
  • LanaCabana537
    joiaa3tviq9y.jpg
    *** SATURDAY August 8th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara and Lynn--I wasn't very clear when I posted about the walking group. Sorry!

Meetup.com is a service used to organize online groups that host in-person events for people with similar interests. I had never heard of it until my cousin suggested it to me because both of us live alone and want to meet other people.

So yes, there is a fee that is paid to the company to have a group online able to use their app on either desktop or smartphone. We want to keep it this way, so that other new women can find our "over 55 women walking group".
    It is up to each group leader as to how and whether they share the cost with other participants.

As it turns out, the normal annual fee for our group is $200, but currently they are offering half price, so $100 for the next 12 months. Totally do-able! So I think that I will step up and host the group.
    Heck, 3 months of Weight Watchers is $120 these days, right? 😉

Lana

257.8 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

and she wants me to tell her what I was thinking....

Sara - Lynn is right about things being misunderstood. Any content that you put down "in writing" can be used against you.

If you absolutely must write anything down, or even in a live video meeting, you should start every sentence with "I was instructed too...." or "my trainer told me to...." or "it was my understanding that I was too...." or "past practice always was to..."

This nonsense Mrs. Monster does with you is really not right and smacks of attempts to force you to quit, at least that's how I read it. *kitten*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Today is car maintenance day instead of grocery shopping and I had my grocery list in my purse..... oops but I luckily caught myself. We have to make apts for everything and rescheduling is not in my plan.

Lana - now that makes more sense- you collect the money and pay the clerical fee.

Yes, my boss likes to "kitten" with people she does not like to get them to leave. Problem is she is now 3 people short (one is off until end of August) and she is having to do "our work" so she is not liking it. Just rolled my eyes.

Karma is biting some freeloaders in my neighborhood and I just am going to stand out of the way.

Wave to all who follow.Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Good Afternoon!

We just had unseasonably cool weather last week, but this weekend, Mother Nature seems to be getting back to normal Oklahoma business. The heat index is at 106 already this afternoon and I am doing an inside day. I have a bunch of organizing and such to do. I will force myself to do a couple videos for stretching and/or working out so I am not totally sedentary.

Was down 6.4 lbs from my weigh-in last week. Only 5.5 more pounds to go and I will have my lowest recorded weight since I began this account with MyFitnessPal! I believe I deactivated my original one and lost all the old data. If I could lose another 10 pounds on top of that six I just mentioned, I can move into the land of 200s. I just have to stay motivated and disciplined!!

Runa 🌺

Highest weight: 359.7 lbs. 04/28/2014
    Current weight: 315.4 lbs. 08/08/2020
    Lowest MFP weight: 310.4 lbs 08/11/2015
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Bad news - oil change wait took 2 hours.

Good news- I took a long walk so I dont need to walk tonight and I started a shawl for a neighbor. Throw their 2 hour wait in their face. I got stuff done.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in real quick... today was my niece's "drive thru " bridal shower... they put out tables and chairs, so lots of people stayed... some wore masks, some did not. DM and I didn't stay long. Too hot. (Of course, the heat came back)
    We did go to the hospital... yes, DD is still there...7 days and counting.... there doesn't really seem to be a real need for him to be there. Levels are "good" not great... but, good enough... they want to send him to a rehab, which probably would be a good idea... he has been not walking for 7 days... they are doing nothing to help him get up and moving, he can't even go to the bathroom (to urinate) it seems, they are going to make things worse.. he has lost 16lbs since he went in (definitely fluid) which, he definitely needed to get fluids off. DM is kinda upsetting me. I get, that going to hospital every day (especially, right now) is not fun. But, she gets angry and turns volume off so she can't hear when he text. She is mad at him, cuz she thinks that he needs to tell them to let him out. He just isn't understanding some things. He and I have never been close. We don't just "chat " he asked for me to come visit. I felt incredibly awkward, but I did it for him. He apologized for being there and not being able to help DM. The tears just rolled. I told him, it's not his fault. He didn't ask for this and he can only do what he is able. He's always been such an independent person. Seeing him, hooked up to oxygen (probably forever) being confused, unable to come up with simple words... it just breaks my heart...I want to yell at DM... but, I don't know what she's going thru..

Sorry, this isn't "quick" will head home tomorrow, sometime...

Oh..GMA is doing good... other than a short bout with a UTI...

Blah
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    lx7uw3ei9ifh.jpg
    Neighbor's corgi/basset mix and her 9 pups. They are just now 2 weeks and eyes open.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    y992ljuozsdv.jpg

The little female the neighbors have decided to keep out of the litter.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Eating breakfast and then going grocery shopping.

Dawn - DM and DD are doing the best they can - they cannot control what is happening and things get really messy. Glad you went to see DD as you sound like someone who would regret it later if you didnt.

Another HOT day - but it is summer.

Will fly by later.