The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I am starting to have the feeling that 'I HAVE KICKED THIS' or that I am in complete control.

This feeling scares me. This is where I think one could easily fall right back into your old habits and lose the progress made. I am glad that I recognize this.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    @RubyRed427 I'm sorry for your recent losses😔 @FeelinFooFoo love your new pic💗 I've been unsettled these past few days, the alcohol free site I'm on has been discussing their old drink days and I think it's kinda been a trigger for me in a way, so far I've been staying sober by putting the past in the past and just kind of putting the whole focusing on sobriety on the back burner, unlike in the past when I delved into books, videos, AA, etc it seems to work better for me to just have it be secondary and just focus on self care and my day to day living, anybody relate? Or am I just weird haha, just that talking about "war stories" and how bad things were seems to only remind my brain of the "good times" and I've felt like getting that feeling back and I just think it's cuz I'm too focused on it lately, him hum, anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day 🌷
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    EVG2020 wrote: »
    I am working on being alcohol-free, and have managed more than a week. The problem is that I sometimes need to use junk food to manage cravings for alcohol! I am prioritizing being sober over calories because I think it is so important for my mental and physical health. However, I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same struggle

Yes, I can relate. I am eating junk food as well to manage alcohol craving; I think our poor brain is struggling. It's used to dopamine effect we get from alcohol and we want that same feeling, so we are eating junk. I have been trying to stop eating after 6 p.m. otherwise I keep going and going til bedtime.
  • RubyRed427
    whitpauly wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 I'm sorry for your recent losses😔 @FeelinFooFoo love your new pic💗 I've been unsettled these past few days, the alcohol free site I'm on has been discussing their old drink days and I think it's kinda been a trigger for me in a way, so far I've been staying sober by putting the past in the past and just kind of putting the whole focusing on sobriety on the back burner, unlike in the past when I delved into books, videos, AA, etc it seems to work better for me to just have it be secondary and just focus on self care and my day to day living, anybody relate? Or am I just weird haha, just that talking about "war stories" and how bad things were seems to only remind my brain of the "good times" and I've felt like getting that feeling back and I just think it's cuz I'm too focused on it lately, him hum, anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day 🌷

Hi Whitpauly! Sure there were good times but also remember how the evening usually ended... for me it was excessive tears, throwing up, drunk texting, arguing, etc. Yeah there were good times, but those days are over. For me the first drink leads to twenty and not so good times result. hang in there!!
  • RubyRed427
    @whitpauly For those few hours of fun, remember the hangover, anxiety for two days, eyes puffy, eating too many calories....etc.
  • RubyRed427
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am starting to have the feeling that 'I HAVE KICKED THIS' or that I am in complete control.

This feeling scares me. This is where I think one could easily fall right back into your old habits and lose the progress made. I am glad that I recognize this.

Yes, that is scary and empowering at the same time!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    EVG2020 wrote: »
    I bought this grapefruit flavored San Pellogrino (called Pompelmo). Amazing! This is a suggestion for an AF drink; I don't know how to reply to people's posts.

<3 WELCOME <3

Good alternate drink!!

To reply to comments, hit the quote button & it will bring up the person's comment that you'd like to reply to and then type your reply below it OR you can choose the @ key and the person's name eg @EVG2020 to reply to them without the quote...it will highlight their name as you can see here & in others' comments. Hope this helps. BTW this is coming from a techno-tard so ..... lol

<3 Happy AF weekend-to-be to everyone <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    I found out about 2 weeks ago that my job will end 8/14. They can no longer accommodate me working remotely and keeping my grandson. I happen to be home this week and working in the office. Today, they interviewed my replacement pretty much in front of me. I felt that was quite distasteful, but....

Well, I said I felt in control so Slick, the voice in my head that says it’s ok to drink, started talking.

I’ve had a crap week to say the least so Slick says “you have wine at home. You are ok now...”. I walked in from work and I’m in the bath. Early on I used baths as a luxurious prison to keep me away from the booze. I’m almost up to my nose and my only beverage is a Sprite Zero.

I picked inspiring but want to send HUGS to...sorry about your job :'(
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    I found out about 2 weeks ago that my job will end 8/14. They can no longer accommodate me working remotely and keeping my grandson. I happen to be home this week and working in the office. Today, they interviewed my replacement pretty much in front of me. I felt that was quite distasteful, but....

Well, I said I felt in control so Slick, the voice in my head that says it’s ok to drink, started talking.

I’ve had a crap week to say the least so Slick says “you have wine at home. You are ok now...”. I walked in from work and I’m in the bath. Early on I used baths as a luxurious prison to keep me away from the booze. I’m almost up to my nose and my only beverage is a Sprite Zero.

Sorry about all that. Your doing such a good thing taking care of your grandson! It'll turn around soon. I used to do the bath thing too. Prison good way of putting it and so true. Can't get into any trouble in there lol.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    I just hit my 6 months a few days ago. On 2/8, I fell & ended up having surgery on my ankle after breaking 3 bones in 4 places. It's been a long road. I was on total bed rest for nearly 3 solid months.I decided that nigjt in the hospital that I had to try a different route. I'm doing well qa0huq9cqxg1.jpg
    now. It still aches & swells, but I finished physical therapy last Wednesday, & I'm starting week 6 of going to the gym. I also decided to spend that booze money on a personal trainer 3 times a week. Seven months ago, I never thought I'd be here. Feels pretty good to be happy with myself again!
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Hahahaha.. I guess for all the images for my thumb to stutter on, this was a good one. It wouldn't let me erarse it for some reason. After all these years, I wish MFP could make their photo set up a little more friendly. Here are my stats from yesterday.. (and also, I'm considering the too right paint color, Vanillin) hahhayscxctckqvs6.jpg