Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Thanks y’all! You got me thinking about strength training. 🙏
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Tried the smoothie, it was delicious, but just a bit gritty from the apple. I think I will peel the apple next time.

4it1bct2hok0.jpg
  • Arc130
    I'm thinking of trying this recipe that I found online next. I just don't have microgreens. I think I'll only do one zucchini and 2 small carrots.

Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cucumber Sauce
    Carrot and zucchini pasta are combined with a creamy cucumber avocado sauce in this simple, yet delicious zucchini noodle recipe. It's a complete plant-based recipe and gluten-free, vegan, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
    PREP TIME: 15 minsTOTAL TIME: 15 mins
    COURSE: Main Meal, SaladCUISINE: AmericanKEYWORD: Carrot Pasta, Sprialized Carrot, zucchini noodles, Zucchini Pasta SERVINGS: 4 servings CALORIES: 131.3kcal AUTHOR: Lisa Bryan
    Ingredients
    3 zucchini
    2 large carrots
    micro-greens garnish
    Avocado Cucumber Sauce
    1 avocado peeled and pitted
    1 cucumber peeled and sliced
    1 lemon juiced
    2-3 garlic cloves
    salt and pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Spiralize the zucchini and carrots. Then place them in a large bowl and set aside.
    Add the remaining ingredients (except the microgreens) to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
    Pour the avocado cucumber sauce onto the carrot and zucchini pasta and toss to combine.
    When serving, garnish with an extra sprinkle of black pepper and a handful of micro-greens.
    Notes
    Make sure to watch my videos on how to make zucchini noodles and spiralizing vegetables. The spiralizer I use to make this (and all my recipes) is the 3-Blade Paderno Spiralizer.
    To make the zucchini noodles easier to eat, I recommending cutting them with kitchen scissors before mixing with the avocado cucumber sauce.
    Nutrition
    Calories: 131.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.7g | Protein: 4.9g | Fat: 6.2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 55.2mg | Fiber: 6.9g | Sugar: 9.7g
  • Arc130
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    8/5 steps - 14368

So I did a thing. I am now a gym member. I'm at the point in my weight loss where I have some loose skin. I guess it was inevitable, but I'm going to start heavy lifting to offset some of it. It has be rethinking my end weight a bit. I guess I'll start lifting and just see where it takes me.

Gyms are not open here, but I think lifting is a great idea! I hope you have lots of great workouts!

I just started doing some body weight training by following a YouTube video. My plan is to be able to do modified knee pushups by the end of August. I'm currently doing modified ones on the wall. Another goal is to be able to do a full one-minute planks by the end of the month. I am only able to do 30 seconds right now.
  • Arc130
    Forgot to put the url for the zoodles recipe above.

https://downshiftology.com/recipes/carrot-zucchini-pasta/
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Steps
    8/2 = 5,684
    8/3 = 8,220
    8/4 = 6,191
    8/5 = 9,594
  • Emmajhare wrote: »
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    August Motivator's challenge - Food, food, glorious food!

I'm a sandwich person, but I'm also trying to watch my sodium and as we all know, lunch meat is packed with salt. I've started doing pimento cheese, tuna or chicken salad in addition to my occasion turkey with thin sliced extra sharp cheddar (Sargento). My problem is that I don't like hard bread...has to be soft and I don't want seeds all over it...just a simple, soft bread. With that softness comes calories and I don't want to waste everything on the bread. I found a couple of brands that I like. Schmidt 647 white bread (40 cal per slice) and it's wonderful, but always sells out and hard to find. Heiner's white or wheat is good as well (35 cal per slice), but again, very hard to find.

What breads do you guys like? I found a picture of Aunt Millie's potato bread (35 cal)...anyone know what stores carry it?? Would love your favorite bread recommendations...

Great topic @Emmajhare !
    Jessica

Freshco carries a whole wheat wrap called Roti for 80 calories I stuff it with spinach, chicken, or ham and feta for the salt kick.

Roti is actually 130 calories as I picked it up today. The 80 calorie one maybe half of the big torillawraps sorry.
  • So so weigh in Thursday
    SW 210
    LW 190
    Cw 187.5
    My hubby has been doing it too. Counting calories but doesn't weigh himself all the time. He has made it to 194 I believe. NSV I swam to the opposite end of pool underwater. Also I touched the bottom of pool with hand just from the swimming position. Not like before with aid of push off from side of pool. Or jumping in.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 647 Member
    kcpond
    Wednesday Weigh in
    Previous Weight: 238.2
    Current Weight: 238.2
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    06/08 steps 10061
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    8/6 5,529
  • I had a question? I started on MFP on Feb then starting a loss from 210. I started here at 198.5 or 198 in May is that what records you keep for the celebrations and such? So far on here it is 11 pounds. Either way I'm 2.5 pounds away from my half way mark.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    8/7 steps - 10721

I did another day of trying to get some running in. I hurt for a day last time, so I know its working those muscles I need to work. I already improved my time from my last time. I'm hoping that I can eventually run the entire 3 miles. My ankle is still holding up with no pain, so I'm extremely thankful for that. I guess old age hasn't fully set in yet.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    I had a question? I started on MFP on Feb then starting a loss from 210. I started here at 198.5 or 198 in May is that what records you keep for the celebrations and such? So far on here it is 11 pounds. Either way I'm 2.5 pounds away from my half way mark.

It's your call but I'd use 210 as my baseline and take as much credit as possible!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    So so weigh in Thursday
    SW 210
    LW 190
    Cw 187.5
    My hubby has been doing it too. Counting calories but doesn't weigh himself all the time. He has made it to 194 I believe. NSV I swam to the opposite end of pool underwater. Also I touched the bottom of pool with hand just from the swimming position. Not like before with aid of push off from side of pool. Or jumping in.

Sweetie, the format is:

PW:
    CW:
    LTD:

Don't make me get cross. :D
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    Friday Weigh In

PW = 195.3
    CW = 196.2

Not on my game at all ... 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Fri weigh in
    PW: 140
    Cw: 141.4
    LSF: 7.6
    Going the wrong way 🤦‍♀️
    Steps:
    8/2 8620
    8/3 2949
    8/4 3739
    8/5 5847
    8/6 4057
  • Arc130
    I made the zoodles. It was yummy! I ate it with sardines and a glass of water.

2eboq7a1haye.jpg
  • Arc130
    Arc130
    Steps
    Thursday 8/6- 11462
This discussion has been closed.