5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• carolbrady1
    carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
    By the way that's me in the middle, at my optimum weight and size, two years ago!
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    sapkum27 wrote: »
    These posts are so wonderful. At our stature (petite women), calorie restriction has one starving daily. I lose weight only if I eat fewer than 1200 calories a day. I already exercise every day of the week. I need to up my strength training for sure. Just knowing that others are in the same boat encourages me to keep it up. The problem I have is I'll lose a couple lbs after eating fewer than 1200 cal for 2 weeks straight, but then am literally starving and binge one meal. I end up putting back on a lb. then.

I was in the same boat during my journey. I would look at your overall trend. If it's going down over time, try not to be too hard on yourself - slow and steady is good.

Easier said than done, I know but you got this!
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 282 Member
    I don't know...Does mfp cater to us shorties? Does the minimum 1200 calories really apply to us?
    In the same way as someone who is medium height or tall?
    Please tell us your thoughts😊
  • MiaBella444
    MiaBella444 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2020
    62 and 5'2. For the first time over weight at 150 pounds. I started MFP almost 3 weeks ago and have lost about 4lbs but water weight fluctuates so I still say 150. I was always under 130 and someone here said it best. Every pound on a short person looks like 5lbs or more. I got use to the food diary and calorie counting but now I'm trying to be better about sodium counting as well since I have high blood pressure and the meds can pack on pounds which is part of my problem. It is a slow process but I like that MFP helps me become so aware of how I am eating and how even light cleaning can burn enough calories that I can enjoy a glass of wine! :smiley:
  • MiaBella444
    babyluthi wrote: »
    I don't know...Does mfp cater to us shorties? Does the minimum 1200 calories really apply to us?
    In the same way as someone who is medium height or tall?
    Please tell us your thoughts😊

Not sure. I think you can adjust the amount of calories for your goal. Im sure a mans is different. I researched slimFast, Nutrisystem and Keto diets before coming here just to food diary my calories and all of them allow for males needing more but I never saw difference in calorie amounts based on height.
  • MiaBella444
    ldma4747 wrote: »
    Hello! Im 5'3" and started around 143 pounds. Im down to 110 or so now, so its been quite a journey

You have done amazing! 110 geeze havent seen that number on the scale since I was in my 20's.
  • MiaBella444
    Hey, I've only been on here for a little over two weeks and I'm lacking in friends! Been at it for over a month though. Since we're all around the same height, anyone mind adding me as a friend so we can follow each others journeys?! [: 14 pounds down as of today!!

My sister, her kids, me and my kids all are thyroid problem generations. (I read your profile) Graves, Hashimotos and I finally had mine removed in 2003 so I am well versed on the problems it causes. Im quite a bit older than you but you are welcome to friend me. I had 7 kids and fought the thyroid issues in all of my pregnancies which can be difficult. Being auto immune, when it was finally removed my autoimmune warriors just found something else to attack..arthritis! Such is life!
  • MiaBella444
    merenre wrote: »
    It is exciting to find some short ladies out there.... I am 5 feet and 58 years old. Currently weigh in at 76 kg (167lb). I am hoping to get down to 60 kg (132lb). I am in Victoria, Australia and in lock down so no going to a gym... I walk the dogs everyday and have just started yoga for beginners (in the lounge). I am so glad to come across this group and hoping for inspiration and a few hints on how to work out at home....

I was thinking about popping in my Tai chi for beginners DVD I had never paid much attention to. Not sure how it is for calorie burning but with this pandemic, I could use something to relax to. Good luck on Yoga. Not sure if my arthritis would allow me to do much with it.
  • MiaBella444
    jcsmmom wrote: »
    Hello - I am 5' and started this journey at 180.5 pounds, I just started and weighed 178.5 after my first week. I am in my second week. I am 53 and post menopausal and I have many health issues. My goal is 140 pounds. My reasons is to help my joints have less stress and hopefully reducing pain. I have Fibro and Osteoarthritis, more progressed than most my age. I am hoping to incorporate more walking into my day.

I am counting Macros. My calories are 1300. I am still figuring out exactly what my macros will be. Currently I am doing 45% C/43% F/ 25% P. I have been reading a lot about it and have made adjustments along the way. I am going to up my protein. This app says high protein starts at 25%, I think I am going to up it to 30% . I eat a lot of fruit and that racks up the carbs fast!

I really wish they had a reply function on each post so you knew who was replying to you without hunting for it and losing your place. I really wish they put the most recent posts on page 1. So many wishes. :smiley: Post menopause and arthritis is frustrating and painful. Fibro, well I cannot even imagine as I work retail and wake up so stiff and sore everyday from arthritis I feel like I am 100. The extra 20 pounds has totally floored me how much more difficult even putting my socks on is. Im not sure about macros. I think that is on the premium which I am not on. I keep track of vitamins and such on my own since I have gone deficient on D's before which adds weight. I honestly thinking having MFP as a homebase to keep track and be in the community is great but I also continue to research other websites as well.
  • amchaudhrymfp
    amchaudhrymfp Posts: 6 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    remoore23 wrote: »
    I'm 4'11.75". My current weight is 168... My goal is 120. I wonder if 110 is possible. I guess it's my fantasy weight rather than my goal weight :smile: I'm glad to find this thread. Losing weight has always been hard for me. Hoping to do it this time sloooowly and gradually.

Hope this helps...here's my 2 year and 8 month journey:

SW: 147.4 GW: 115 UGW: 110 CW: 109.2

Overall Loss from Nov 2017 to July 2020: 38.2 lbs

Shirt Size: XL to XS
    Bra: 36DD to 32D
    Jean Size: 14 to 4

Progress Pics: https://imgur.com/a/A0oSl79

Weight Graph: imgur.com/a/yTedqZn

What's next? Maintenance, muscle gain and toning my stomach.

Dear Syreina your transformation is absolutely mind blowing. May I know what you used to eat in a day? Did you track Macros strictly? Had you any cheat meals/ cheat days? or How was it when you used to cheat???

How could you stayed so determined to shred all this weight off?
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Hey, I've only been on here for a little over two weeks and I'm lacking in friends! Been at it for over a month though. Since we're all around the same height, anyone mind adding me as a friend so we can follow each others journeys?! [: 14 pounds down as of today!!

Feel free to add me!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    merenre wrote: »
    ... hoping for inspiration and a few hints on how to work out at home....

You might want to check out the beginners and low impact videos at Bodyfit by Amy. She has some great programmes for people who are just starting/lacking in mobility. And she is so encouraging.

• remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    remoore23 wrote: »
    I'm 4'11.75". My current weight is 168... My goal is 120. I wonder if 110 is possible. I guess it's my fantasy weight rather than my goal weight :smile: I'm glad to find this thread. Losing weight has always been hard for me. Hoping to do it this time sloooowly and gradually.

Hope this helps...here's my 2 year and 8 month journey:

SW: 147.4 GW: 115 UGW: 110 CW: 109.2

Overall Loss from Nov 2017 to July 2020: 38.2 lbs

Shirt Size: XL to XS
    Bra: 36DD to 32D
    Jean Size: 14 to 4

Progress Pics: https://imgur.com/a/A0oSl79

Weight Graph: imgur.com/a/yTedqZn

What's next? Maintenance, muscle gain and toning my stomach.

Thanks for your story Syreina, it's good to know another shortie was able to get down to (below) 110. Good job for sticking with it for two years and doing it the healthy. gradual way! That is what I'm trying to do too.
  • rayan256
    rayan256 Posts: 5 Member
    You all look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!