5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    @MiaBella444 I also a have thyroid issue and arthritis. I've taken yoga classes before - I'm really not very good at it - and now I use Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga DVD's She uses a chair to do planks and downward and upward facing dog I just do what I can do. My big deal is range of motion. It's so important as we age and just about anybody can get improvement in that area. It makes daily life so much easier.
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    etolv I am trying to do the same thing...get out of the obese range, to overweight, then to normal, probably around 130. You've done well.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    babyluthi wrote: »
    I don't know...Does mfp cater to us shorties? Does the minimum 1200 calories really apply to us?
    In the same way as someone who is medium height or tall?
    Please tell us your thoughts😊

Not sure. I think you can adjust the amount of calories for your goal. Im sure a mans is different. I researched slimFast, Nutrisystem and Keto diets before coming here just to food diary my calories and all of them allow for males needing more but I never saw difference in calorie amounts based on height.

Since calorie burn is related most directly to weight, I don't think height has much to do with it. Muscle burns a little more fat than fat does, so that's a factor, but for what its' worth my calorie burn has been fairly predictable based on my weight. I'm 5'3".
  • stphward
    stphward Posts: 2 Member
    5’1, 38yo and currently the heaviest I’ve ever been at 192 😱 Ideally I’d like to be around the 130 mark

This is/was me!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!