Free falling

Replies

• reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    I've little to add to all the good advice here except to reinforce it, as well as give my thanks for your thoughts and experiences over the past years. They were helpful when I first joined MFP and continue to be so. You've got this!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @tuckerrj Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Pain is the precursor to change and enough is enough.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @Katmary71 my problems are certainly minor compared to not being able to use your legs. I’m terribly sorry and hope you’re on the mend and more important, that there’s no permanent damage. It’s amazing to think how much we take things for granted (like eyesight and mobility) until there gone. Please take good care of yourself.

Hey, @nowine4me ! Long time no see. Sorry for the weight creeping up on you! You were my inspiration few years back. I haven't been on maintenance page for a long time, but still hanging around the forum. Just did a quick check and saw your post. Dang... It's always more challenging when there's a health issue involved, especially if it prevents you from your routine exercise regimen. Good thing, you are here, with all the knowledge, so take it one day at a time. I personally ditched alcohol long ago, it makes me eat way more, you lose control and stop caring. And then there are those pesky pop tarts ( or whatever, insert choice of snacks). Before you know, box is empty, hehe. Glad to hear that you are in a stable weight for now, definitely a progress and a great start. Also, cut yourself some slack, if you had to take hormones it had an effect on what happened, hormones can increase appetite and generally mess up our system. Just have to be super cautious with your food intake when taking them. Are you still on Prednisone? Can you run and lift again? Hope to see you stick around, i don't think you would have a problem getting to your goal again. Sucks that you have to though.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    I no longer belong in this group, but did for more than years. The past year (12 months) I’ve gained back 40#. I few medical issues that I use as excuses let me slip back into bad habits. After 600+ days of never missing my step goal, I stopped walking. Then started adding back in too much wine, stopped logging, and weighing daily. I hit my scream weight of 150 last fall and today got on the scale and was 170. I’m really disappointed in myself.
    I no longer belong in this group, but did for more than years. The past year (12 months) I’ve gained back 40#. I few medical issues that I use as excuses let me slip back into bad habits. After 600+ days of never missing my step goal, I stopped walking. Then started adding back in too much wine, stopped logging, and weighing daily. I hit my scream weight of 150 last fall and today got on the scale and was 170. I’m really disappointed in myself.

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @nowine4me

Essentially the same thing happened to me. I am on my way back and have cut out wine completely. I now allot myself 2 Michelob ultras per day (with a lime) offset by a sound eating plan and plenty of exercise. This seems to be helping quite a bit. Good luck to you.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    @nowine4me

Essentially the same thing happened to me. I am on my way back and have cut out wine completely. I now allot myself 2 Michelob ultras per day (with a lime) offset by a sound eating plan and plenty of exercise. This seems to be helping quite a bit. Good luck to you.

When I get back on the losing weight bandwagon dropping alcohol is the first thing I do. The calories are just too many to justify it when I really want more food!

Now, that being said, I'm in maintenance now and it's MUCH easier to fit in a few drinks (or more sometimes...). I can bank a few calories for a few days and then have fun, or just eat at a deficit for a few days afterwards to balance it out.

I think that's the key in maintenance: finding a way to balance "normal" life with having a calorie goal. I posted in another thread that my weight chart in maintenance looks like a seismograph during an earthquake! I'm all over the place! But as long as I'm averaging out where I need/want to be it's all good!

@nowine4me hopefully you are finding your new balance! We are all sending you good thoughts and positive vibes!