Thoughts On Beachbody

2»

Replies

• Coffee_qd
    Coffee_qd Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2020
    Started using BOD a couple of months ago and love the huge selection of programs. You can review workouts and program materials and choose which one you think is best for you.
  • Kiser2king2012
    Kiser2king2012 Posts: 2 Member
    My opinion is that Beachbody does have some good workouts and programs, but there are so many on YouTube that are free! I don't feel the need to pay for an on demand service. Sydney Cummings puts out a new workout every day. Millionaire Hoy just started a free 30 day program. Quest Club does Les Mills workouts. Les Mills instructors are also uploading their own personal videos to YouTube since lockdown. Shaun T videos himself doing Max 30 and uploads it. There are some other Beachbody coaches that put up their own videos doing the workouts as well. All for free on YouTube.

• Kiser2king2012
    Kiser2king2012 Posts: 2 Member
    This is very true but if you don't want to be interrupted by lots of commercials then you will have to pay the 12.99/monthly fee for YouTube so you can do the workouts straight through. It is free, but the constant commercial interruptions can throw off the workout, Just saying.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    anything that makes working out fun is a good thing. there are people who really enjoy doing beachbody workouts - it wouldn't be my thing, but it works for them :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    This is very true but if you don't want to be interrupted by lots of commercials then you will have to pay the 12.99/monthly fee for YouTube so you can do the workouts straight through. It is free, but the constant commercial interruptions can throw off the workout, Just saying.

I'm never interrupted by lots of commercials...
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

What YouTube do you use? I've never experienced this

I am constantly hit up by beachbody "coaches" on Instagram. 9 out of 10 of them have terrible form in the workouts they post. If you're a beginner to exercise please get some professional assistance at first to learn proper form. I'm snobby when it comes to calling oneself a coach, paying into a MLM doesn't make you a coach or expert it just makes you a sales person
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Gonna be really annoying here but.... I dislike it on principle being called "beach body".

ovvewvdnmi29.jpeg
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    I really liked their programs.

Back in the day pre on demand, I got t25 dvds from a coach and it was awesome. But she was an awesome coach- didnt push the other *kitten* on anyone ever and supported you. I lost 20 lbs and didnt touch a shake etc, just cleaner diet and those workouts in my little dorm room (that was the other thing I liked, took virtually no room to do).
    T25 really got me back into fitness last time I fell of the wagon and I am considering doing it again so I can reform my workout habits. I have also heard super good things about the new barre (spelling?) workouts they have.
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    The workouts are metabolic conditioning and people can see weight loss with the programs but they do not teach progression, technique, form, and periodization which will teach much more to the beginner than jumping around for an hour.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    I am all in
    I love the variety ! I've followed at least 10 full calendars so far and love not having to think and always evaluate what I need to do. I just follow what the coach says. :) And doing it as a group, with a virtual frined who also follows it is so so so motivating for me !
    I think the price is totally worth it and I plan on being a user til I die !
    :)
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    I am all in
    I love the variety ! I've followed at least 10 full calendars so far and love not having to think and always evaluate what I need to do. I just follow what the coach says. :) And doing it as a group, with a virtual frined who also follows it is so so so motivating for me !
    I think the price is totally worth it and I plan on being a user til I die !
    :)

It is incredible to have a coach there and it does give you the motivation to train and compete with others on the DVD.

Core De Force was one of my favourites!

I love how P90X and how Tony focuses on different aspects of athleticism, he built the foundation of my own athleticism.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    I like BOD and there's no need for shakes or food containers. I think MFP is very compatible with the plans and I focus on CICO instead of their "clean eating" messaging. Consistency is key, which is what I suck at.
  • jmaddensgirl
    jmaddensgirl Posts: 3 Member
    I enjoy my BB workouts. I have a super busy schedule and having the option to have 30 min high intensity workouts has been great. I do enjoy their Shakeology, but probably won't repurchase it due to the price.
  • Polarluv
    Polarluv Posts: 2 Member
    I love Beachbody... I’ve done 2 rounds of 21 day fix, 1 of 21 day fix real time and now 21 day fix extreme real time... I’ve lost 30 pounds (size 12 to size 6) since Christmas by eating approximately 1500 calories a day and doing my 30 minute program in the morning. Yes, I incorporate other exercise at times, but nothing too crazy (spin, occasional hikes and walking the dogs). I’m also a vegetarian with vegan tendencies. I love shakes, but don’t buy Shakeology. I’m following the Autumn All Year plan which started at the end of July and see where the year takes me. It’s been the best investment I’ve made. I’m not a coach, 45 with two older kids. If I can do it, so can you!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    I have p90x, when I stick to the work outs I lose a lot of weight with it. Bored out of my mind with it though and I have to turn off the music and instructions as Tony is annoying as hell.

I hate the yoga day and don't like the ab workout. I follow a ab workout I found on YouTube and like it much more. The p90x one kills my hip flexors and tail bone. Yoga is way to repetitive, need to find an alternative.

Does the job though and overall I'm happy with it.