Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    I shouldn't have Googled alternative names for a woman cave @PackerFanInGB

One of the answers was "The Kitchen"
    🙄

Although there was Femme Den. She-shed (i don't like that one) and some else said Lady Lair. And there was girly grotto and dame dome hahaha
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Friday August 7
    1L of Water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    No Chips - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Saturday August 8
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@PackerFanInGB - I like Lady Lair, what about a pale yellow. We used it in our dark bathroom and it really lightened it up. The colour we used was called Banff Sun but it was at a Canadian store.

@Bex953172 - the kitchen! Has to be a man that answered that one.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Heya, everyone!

Yesterday was crazy! I bug bombed the house for the flea problem and it seems to have worked. I also gave Panda (our tuxedo cat @SERmom3 ) another flea bath before I put him into the cat carrier and moved him out. I had to borrow my parent's car to transport him to the cabin where we used to live because our car guy was fixing my AC (and also my radiator that he found a hole in). The poor cat was very unhappy with me. Truthfully, he's been pretty pissed at us for days.

It looks like we got both flea problems under control now though. Thank God! And Panda seems to have forgiven us. He spent most of the evening after we got back into the house hiding from us. Oh! Stupid me left my phone on the couch after I set the bombs off! I had my mask with me though so I was able to run in real quick and grab it. Then I found out later that Matt had left his phone at home when he went to work too XD

AND the really bad storms we had at the beginning of the week knocked out a bunch of systems at his store. Including the AC. And the guy that was supposed to go and fix it yesterday never showed. Matt had a hellish time at work. It was like 95 degrees in the store and he could barely breathe. He had to take like 10 puffs of his emergency inhaler and spend his hour-long break outside. I felt so bad for him. He called this morning and asked if it had been fixed yet (after waking up an hour and a half late for his shift). It wasn't so he just called out because he couldn't do another shift that like that.

I only got out of bed at like 1145 this morning even though I really wanted to get up at 8. I woke up with another headache. I've discovered that they seem to be worse when I'm laying down. Which is weird, right? Like, if I wake up with one and lay there it hurts worse than if I get up and move around. I don't understand it.

Okay, enough rambling!

Today I will:

- get up at 8 :disappointed:
    - dishwasher
    - vacuum/sweep
    - laundromat
    - read 4 blog posts and take notes
  • HEGoddard0928
    @Faebert HI! It's so awesome to see you again! I've thought of you often as well! I'm glad things seem to have gotten into another rhythm for you!

@SERmom3 We've attempted to use Dave Ramsey's system before too! The main reason it hasn't worked is that I have pretty much no discipline when it comes to money. I've used his budget sheets and things too. The hardest part right now though is that Matt gets paid hourly and his hours are all over the place at the moment, especially with him calling out all the time. And I'm still furloughed getting unemployment which is virtually nothing. We've been living off savings for the most part. I think once I get back to work(if ever) or I find a new job(HAHA) things will be easier to work with. Although, I will say that we are almost done paying off all of our medical bills! So now it's just the cars and my student loans.

@littleblackskirt Now that everyone is talking about painting, I'm thinking about it too! Lol. With the exception of the living room which has awesome real wood-paneled walls, the rest of the house is white! I don't mind it, but sometimes I think a bit of color might be nice. Lol.

@mytime6630 I would DEFINITELY take some of those cinnamon buns off your hands! I can't ever have them in the house our I would eat them ALL in a single day. Lol.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Yesterday was better, not great, but better.

JFT Friday
    - In to work early to work on instrument✅
    - Meeting 8:30 - 12:00 ✅
    - Pay for senior pictures ✅
    - Check out gravel bikes at local shop✅
    - Walk / Jog❌ Ride bike
    - Log everything ❌
    - Stay green✅
    - No alcohol❌❌❌❌

Have a good day y'all

JFT Saturday
    - Hair at 11:30
    - Walk
    - Nap

• HEGoddard0928
    @pridesabtch I hope that your Saturday goes well! It looks like you've been having a rough time recently. Don't give up! Keep coming back here and letting us build you up!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all thanks for the lovely welcome back! Have had internet issues today so will be brief and try and be a bit more involved from tomorrow!

Saturday goals
    - morning workout ❌ slept in and then it was just too hot!
    - Shopping ✅
    - Sort paddling pool ✅
    - Finish cleaning ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Pamper time ✅
    - Evening walk (about to go) ✅

Enjoy your Saturday everyone! X
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Will you all please stop falling over and injuring yourselves?!!

@PackerFanInGB , I like pale yellow too, it's so cheerful. I did kitchen units in my last house pale yellow, I still miss them :)

@HEGoddard0928 I've recently painted 4 rooms in my new house white. The colour will come from pictures and curtains. Just painted over the wallpaper, it was really old fashioned. The older I get the more I want a simpler look.

I didn't set goals for today, but I know my calories are low and activity high. 6 non stop hours of cleaning and disinfecting holiday let. Departing guests were a mucky lot, and also moved everything in the kitchen, it was all in the wrong cupboards. I hate it when guests move everything about, I can't tell at a glance if it's all there and okay.

So had an early breakfast, then got home at 7.30pm and couldn't be bothered cooking so had a second breakfast (granola yoghurt and fruit). Now I'm not hungry, I have a nice dessert sitting but don't want to eat it. Will save the calories for tomorrow :)

• Bex953172
    Good news everyone!

I've put on 2lbs!
    Think the majority of stress was from the neighbours before it all even started kicking off and i didnt even realise it.

I'm still having off days and I don't really "notice" when I'm hungry but im getting atleast 3 meals a day.

So now i need to watch it and make sure I don't put all that weight back on. Got myself at a good starting point lol!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Just realised....there has been half a large chocolate birthday cake in my house for several days...and I forgot it was there! What is happening to me lol.
    The family will dispose of it tonight :)
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    SATURDAY:
    - log everything 🔴/ stay green🤷‍♀️
    - Paint (if the weather is good enough)🔴
    - Practice music for church and wedding🟢

Ended up going on a nice, long bike ride with the family yesterday and when we got back we hung out with neighbors and played corn hole. A really nice day!

JFT SUNDAY:
    - sing for church
    - Practice wedding music
    - Log everything / stay green
    - Paint if there’s time
    - Softball game
    - Pick up chicken

Have a wonderful Sunday! 💕
  • Bex953172
    Hey everyone

I wanted to try a challenge (after being inspired by that chip one and see someone ACTUALLY achieve it.
    So I could do the same right?

Its also a little experiment.. you know these apps where its like "30 days till whatever" I want to try one of these because 1) it will fit with my challenges length of time and 2) I wanna know if these things actually work or are a gimmick

So let's find out!
    Had to start with one part of my body and I chose my butt haha. My bum isn't exactly small but its just a bit flat?!
    Also, alot of it will be squats which I'm used to and I have a yoga mat to do the exercises. I don't really need any other equipment which helps.

BUT
    You all know what I'm like!
    I get bored, lazy, tired, unmotivated whatever!!
    I am gonna give it my best shot, like a really good go, but please please please, don't let me miss a day haha!

So.. not sure if I'm starting today or tomorrow as i have a lot to do today, and if j can get all that done then I'll definitely have time tomorrow..

But the icon ill use is 🍑 a peach haha! Closest thing I could get hahaha

(That is a peach right?)
  • HEGoddard0928
    @Bex953172 OMG!!! I actually laughed out loud at the fact that you're using a peach as a bum! And yes that is a peach. I will definitely do my best to remind you! Lol. Set a timer on your phone too!

@Faebert I hope your internet gets fixed soon!

@littleblackskirt I don't think I could ever forget chocolate cake. Although I did forget there was a cannoli in my fridge!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Okay, enough rambling!

Today I will:

- get up at 8 :disappointed:
    - dishwasher 😁
    - vacuum/sweep😁/😔
    - laundromat😔
    - read 4 blog posts and take notes😁

Kind of a mixed bag again yesterday. It was already after 7 by the time I remembered the laundromat. I wanted to go at like 4! I'll have to do it this afternoon. And I vacuumed the living room. It really needed it but I didn't do any other sweeping so that's on my list for today too.

Umm. What else. I'm making Matt go to work today AC or not because we just can't afford for him not to. But it's only a 6 hour shift so he should be okay...I hope.

OH! I ordered an under the desk elliptical/stepper thing. Literally your put it under your desk, and just pedal! I'm excited to try it! I'll take a picture when it comes tomorrow.

I think that's all my news. Lol

Okay, onto goals!
    Today I will:
    - get up by 9😁 745 actually. Couldn't stay asleep
    - post 😁
    - laundromat
    - write 1 scene
    - read 4 blog posts about monetizing blogs
    - sweep kitchen and bathroom
    - clean office
    - write 1 blog post
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Saturday
    - Hair at 11:30 :smiley:
    - Walk :smiley:
    - Nap :smiley:

JFT Sunday
    - Listen to church service
    - Pick up daughter from sleepover
    - If picking up daughter doesn't interfere, go for a bike ride at 1:00
    - Nap
    - Eat reasonably
    - Log

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Been pretty much like Cookie Monster when it comes to food lately
    Friday and Saturday were out of control calorie-wise

Sunday goals
    -
    Headed out hiking w family
    Stay green
    No beer
    1 hr trainer ride this evening sweet spot level
    No M&Ms
    Fruit and vegetables as snacks
    Insurance papers this evening

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Saturday August 8
    1L of Water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    No chips - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Sunday August 9
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

@HEGoddard0928 - I went for money counselling and found it very frustrating because they expect that everyone has a stable income that is the same week after week. When one person in the family has fluctuating income or no income it all becomes very difficult. We’ve struggled all our married life with finances. If I had my life to live over the only thing I would change is to stay in school and get an education of some kind.

Those headaches could be sinuses, I often get headaches in the night that wake me up. I drink water and take an Advil cold and sinus and it clears it up.

@littleblackskirt - we rented for most of our lives, when I was finally able to paint walls I painted colours and soon learned I didn’t like it as much. I ended up putting only some colours in and used mostly cream so I could add whatever colour I wanted with pillows, decorations and such.
    I hope your next guests are a kinder bunch for you.

@Faebert - ironically I was thinking about your boyfriend and wondered how things were going with him. Whether he had been supportive or not. I hope you are doing ok in that regard.

@Bex953172 - love the peach for the bum! Let us know when you start.

Yesterday I didn’t really do much of anything until the evening. I went with my girls and my cousins daughter to have pedicures. We went to West Edmonton Mall because it was most central for the four of us and the only one open in the evening to accommodate my daughters work schedule. It was nice, but it was not set up to visit and there are no places in the mall to go have a coffee or anything afterwards right now. We ended up shopping at Marshall’s after for a few minutes. The store employee at the door said, “ladies we close in 15 minutes” when we entered. Since we ended up spending close to 200 between the 4 of us. I think it was 15 minutes well spent for the staff.
    I pulled a boneheaded move and locked my keys in my car, thankfully Kaitlyn has AMA so I was able to get them out for free.

Today I need to clean and do laundry. The weekend is almost over already.

Next weekend is a long weekend for me as I’m taking some time off next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Today (8/8/2020)
    • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan
    • 64+ oz H2O
    • 30 minutes activity - break into segments to avoid hurting myself
    • Readings for the Day
    • Continue working on my new Lady's Lair downstairs. Watch some YouTube videos on painting bar counter top. Ask T to move his mounts into his space in the workshop so I can girly it up more.
    • Log everything I eat. Pay attention to my +2 hunger scale
    • Research Apple watch
    • Evening Routine. Start by 9 pm so you can be sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00.

Just for Today (8/9/2020)
    • Fill out NoBS 24H Plan
    • 64+ oz H2O
    • Readings for the Day
    • You Tube videos for making curtains/valances, table runner.
    • Rest day. Find quiet time and elevate/ice knee.
    • Continue working on the Lady Lair downstairs.
    • Log everything I eat. Pay attention to my +2 hunger scale
    • Evening Routine. Start by 9 pm so you can be sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited August 2020
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡🎍🌳🍄 AUGUST🍄🌳🎍🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳🏖🎡⛱🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 2
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: Tue:
      Wed: Thu: Fri:
      Weight < 150: ✅
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
      Calories < in the green 🦄
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 8523
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 68
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 12
      Activities I get to do
      Meditation🦄 Exercise🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️
      Journal🌟 Paperwork
      Chores🌟
      Visit DED and grandsons 🌟
      Writing Journal📝
      Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)
      Crochet 🦄 Puzzles ✅ Watch TV🖥

Lovely day. Chatted with family in DED’s garden after lunch.