Accountability buddy

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal BodyBeast is part of the Beachbody catalog
  • msunat97
    Week 1 of bulk in the books. I didn't go crazy with my diet, but it's a challenge to eat a lot of good food all the time.

My workouts are good and I'm feeling a little stronger. I even feel like I am building some muscle. I have 6 more weeks of bulk and then it's time to cut. I hope you great posters can encourage me to keep going.

Please send me a friend request. I'm always looking for new people to challenge me and for me to encourage.
  • Mmoore2364
    Mmoore2364 Posts: 10 Member
    I am new to MFP and novice on social media so I apologize up front :) . I am 52 and my mini goal is to lose 1 lb a wk for the next 5 weeks. I have to cut out sugary snacks. I have a horrible sweet tooth and waste or overrun calories because of it. I seem to do well on cardio but not strength training so I am looking to get into more of a routine with weights.
  • Illicitlitmisfit
    Illicitlitmisfit Posts: 11 Member

@PatriceFitnessPal hahaha i just like the urgent air that harsh motivation gives! When someone is yelling or even strictly saying "no walking! run faster! work harder! You want the goal? You have to work for it!" it really gives u the impression theres no other alternative than to kick *kitten* and do ur best at it :3 its thrilling, and ig just puts it into perspective for me, boosts ur adrenaline even to really push it? idk its also funny hehe
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal nothing new yet regarding school. I am waiting to hear what her schedule will be before figuring out when to make up work hours. I'm keeping the hope alive that it will turn out fine. I did buy an air fryer hoping that a faster way to cook suppers will help out! I made zucchini and brussels in it last night and they turned out great!

I learned that even when I'm exhausted, I need to rally to jump on the trampoline or go to the pool when my daughter asks me to.

@msunat97 I don't log everything every day. I used to when I was losing a significant amount of weight but then stopped and I'm just now getting in the swing of things. I don't know that I will ever get back into being meticulous about it because it was pretty overwhelming for me.

@Mmoore2364 I hear you on the sweet tooth issue!! It is my downfall as well.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Thanks @msunat97 ... I looked into it and learned there’s a subscription, which looks like a reasonable annual price, so I’ll consider it once my rowing season ends and I need something for winter conditioning. It looks user-friendly!

@Mmoore2364 - Welcome! Thanks for sharing your goals and don’t worry about being new to social media. Feel free to ask questions about the MFP app and someone can probably help. For now, you can just post your updates and ease into the other functions (if you want). Do you have a specific plan for cutting sweets (e.g., Replace with healthier fruit option, reduce portion size, build into certain workout days) and adding weight training to your routine (e.g., add 1-2 weight workouts per week or increase amount of weight you can lift to gradually improve strength)?

@Illicitlitmisfit - That all makes sense for feeling a sense of urgency and getting an adrenaline boost! For me, aggressive coaching adds too much stress but we all benefit from some stress and you seem to have a good attitude about it. Good for you!! Sometimes I use certain motivators that mimic the boost you get from a tough coach. For example, I’ll set a goal to pass a person ahead of me on the running track or use each light pole on my running trail as a milestone to reach. Of course, finding a workout buddy might help. Maybe we can set up a healthy competition here ... What are your goals for this week? ... so we can make sure you kick “kitten” as s! 😉

I’m checking in early because I reached my short-term goal of a healthy ‘normal’ BMI 🎉🎉 ... so I’m setting a new goal of losing five pounds over the next two months. I’m getting closer to my final goal so I’m guessing it might take longer to see results but I’ll count any extra loss as a bonus and work on additional toning, etc. Keep up the good work, everyone!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @highmaintnance - Nice idea to plan ways to make meal preparation more efficient! Yes ... the schedules vary with distance learning, so that makes sense. The districts I work with schedule elementary core times in the morning and reserve afternoons for secondary students, since the teenage brain doesn’t like to wake up in the AM! They try not to overlap in case siblings in different grades need to share a computer. We’ll be thinking of you as the pandemic response continues to evolve. At least exercise and eating healthy food helps us deal with stress so it’s a win-win to continue along this path! You’ve got this!! 👍🏼
  • msunat97
    @PatriceFitnessPal I bought the BodyBeast workouts. I haven't done them in 3 years & I didn't finish them the last time. I have made it a new habit to do all of them & to diet more correctly. It's tough, but I teach leaders about following a disciplined approach to improve their businesses...the least I can do is to role model that I can set goals, follow through and achieve results.
  • Mmoore2364
    I love the message when you close your diary that’s says... if every day was like today you would weigh X in 5 weeks! Motivating :) . No sweets today! I have added fruit and low sugar yogurt but mainly trying to avoid and allow a treat on weekend.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Feel free to add me- I could use help with motivation and support!
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Just catching up! You guys are amazing! I love reading different approaches to motivation during workouts, honesty in tough weeks and the discussion as everyone transitions to the new schedule September brings for so many with children “in” school. It’s a real sense of community and we’re all in this fight together. We want to see each other succeed!

I think I will join you, PatriceFitnessPal, as I will also set my goal for 5 lbs in 5 weeks. I’m still stuck- which means I’m maintaining my weight..... I’m just not ready to declare this weight as my maintenance weight. So, to get there.... I’m back to tracking and measuring for a reset on portion control, not eating after dinner, and continuing my workouts. The kitchen is going to be where this goal is reached.
  • Mmoore2364
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope the week has been good and not too stressful for those with back to schoolers. Friday is my official weight tracking day and I was so surprised to see a 2lb loss. It’s been a while since this old body has pulled that off 😉. 4.5 to go for my first milestone on 9/4, so 3 weeks. I am hopeful and grateful for any additional losses between now and then. How are you all doing?
  • kstpierre52020
    Way to go mmore2364! You’re doing something right! Keep it up. 9/4 will be here in no time- you can do it!
  • kstpierre52020
    Well PatriceFitnessPal- another week. Some days strictly tracking and some days not for various reasons= not scale movement for me.
    Trying again this week.
  • Mmoore2364
    @kstpierre52020 have a great week!
  • highmaintnance
    Well I lowered my step goal to 8k for right now. I was doing 100 days of 10k steps and did really well until recently. Instead of beating myself up about it, I have decided to lower it to 8k (which still requires extra effort these days). It is what it is folks. :smiley:

Here's to a great week for everyone; stay strong, stay motivated and stay sane!
  • highmaintnance
    I just remembered that I wanted to share a quote with everyone. "Just remember we have to love the thing we want to change. Self-loathing and shame are not motivators. Self-love and self-respect are." Brene Brown
  • Mmoore2364
    @highmaintenance I think it makes sense to adjust your goal to something that is still a challenge but realistic for what’s going on for you now. You can increase anytime 😊🌺
  • kstpierre52020
    Mmoore- thank you so much for the encouragement!

Highmaintenance-it think you have just highlighted a very important principle- some would say the challenge is nearly over and my life circumstances are getting in the way so I’m done BUT you said- I’ll adjust and keep going. I think making those adjustments but not giving up is what helps us to continue to improve over years of health instead of jumping on and off a diet or workout bandwagon altogether. Good going!!! Keep it up.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Hi guys
    I'm back again after a long break away. Picked up a number of kg/lb along the way and a diagnosis of diabetes. Need to kick my *kitten* into gear and lower my blood sugars. I'm always looking out for accountability buddies so we can support/motivate each other.