What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Mustard and hot sauce are bomb-diggity on egg whites.
    Mustard and hot sauce are bomb-riggity on canned salmon or tuna and chicken or turkey breast.
    Mustard and hot sauce a bomb-ziggity on roasted vegetables.
    Mustard and hot sauce are bomb-diggity-riggity-ziggity .COM on fresh garden salad.

Mustard and hot sauce are pretty complimentary to anything besides fruit.

YESSSSS, agreed!

For me it's guldens spicy mustard and franks red hot.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Mustard and hot sauce are bomb-riggity on canned salmon or tuna and chicken or turkey breast.
    Mustard and hot sauce are bomb-diggity-riggity-ziggity .COM on fresh garden salad.

Dijon mustard is OK on some fruit, especially dill mustard (I love dill mustard). Pears, for example.

"Jamaican" style hot sauce is excellent on some fruits (the slightly sweet kind of hot sauce with things like allspice and fruit in it). I used to put it on grapefruit routinely. So good!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Love spicy mustard and hot sauce on everything too!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    In keeping with the current discussion, my opinion on hot (almost) anything:

47ic.gif
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »

47ic.gif

I don't like spicy either! Buffalo wings, etc.
  • pancakerunner
    I think marinades and sauces slathered on chicken, beef, etc. ruin the meat. I would rather dip on the side.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I think marinades and sauces slathered on chicken, beef, etc. ruin the meat. I would rather dip on the side.

:( away, heathen! Sauce is everything, esp when it comes to a dry, single, chicken breast ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Slacker16 wrote: »

47ic.gif

I don't like spicy either! Buffalo wings, etc.

I put buffalo sauce/hot sauce on everything but HATE the spice and hate spicy foods. I just like the taste. That’s why I add truvia to everything to counteract the spice.
  • pancakerunner
    alexmose wrote: »

:( away, heathen! Sauce is everything, esp when it comes to a dry, single, chicken breast ;)

That's why I don't eat chicken breast!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Salads should be eaten first. It drives me nuts when family members eat their whole meal then are “too full” for their salad. Same family members who say they can’t lose weight no matter what.
  • pancakerunner
    Salads should be eaten first. It drives me nuts when family members eat their whole meal then are “too full” for their salad. Same family members who say they can’t lose weight no matter what.

For me, salads ARE the meal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    There is no appeal to me for those over-the-top milkshakes that have all kinds of crap stacked on top of the milkshake. Like, on top of a milkshake, let's stack a doughnut, a cupcake, an ice cream sandwich, some Oreos, and cover it in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, caramel, etc. It just looks a mess, not appetizing at all. How do you even eat that? Just pick a dessert and go with it...you don't need ALL the desserts smashed together in a milkshake glass.

End rant about silly milkshakes.

I'd generalize that to silly bloody marys, among other stack'em'up bevs.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There is no appeal to me for those over-the-top milkshakes that have all kinds of crap stacked on top of the milkshake. Like, on top of a milkshake, let's stack a doughnut, a cupcake, an ice cream sandwich, some Oreos, and cover it in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, caramel, etc. It just looks a mess, not appetizing at all. How do you even eat that? Just pick a dessert and go with it...you don't need ALL the desserts smashed together in a milkshake glass.

End rant about silly milkshakes.

I'd generalize that to silly bloody marys, among other stack'em'up bevs.

Like RelCanonical said, anything that is basically created for social media shock...including stuff like this....
    pbczhn1lxvpt.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Regarding Instagram food... I am not a fan of the whole smoothie bowl trend lol