NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 HaHa! When I first started IF I did think about food all day long. Now I can easily go 19 to 20 hours before I really start thinking about food. I also always know what I’m having for dinner so I have that to look forward to. I hope you have a great time at your conference. :)

@trooworld Knick-knack washing didn’t happen since I felt yucky most the day. I might do them tomorrow or Saturday. I’m a play-by-ear kinda girl. ;)

@cbabie If you don’t like fasting and have a hard time not damaging your body then you definitely shouldn’t do it. :/

Hey everyone! So, I went to my staff meeting and found out that my children’s pastor did test positive for COVID. But she has been fine in over three weeks and her husband tested negative. So we are going forward with our childcare and children’s church plans for this Sunday. We will do every other week since we are still short on volunteers who feel comfortable coming back. After I got home DH and I decided to go out to lunch and then we did some shopping, while Maggie Mae was at the groomers. Look how cute she is!!! <3

rwf3nc383zii.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @mswatson0777 LOL! Thank you! The day is now here and I'm so excited! I just hope that we don't have to wait for anything to dry and we can use it right away. :) No coffee??? Girl, don't you know that is practically oxygen? ;) Go get yourself some. haha Have a good day today.

@cbabie That does sound like a bad day. I hope today is better for you. Well, actually, the tub is the first step in the bathroom. We still have: no lights, no flooring, no walls...so a long way to go! But the tub is the most important step! I am very happy about it trust me!!!

@TeresaW1020 Aw, I'm sorry you felt yucky. I hope you feel better soon. That's too bad about the children's pastor but good that she's feeling better. Has she been retested to be all-cleared? Did everyone that was around her get tested (including you)? It wouldn't be a bad idea to get tested if you haven't been. Maggie Mae is adorable!!!

Hello everyone! This week has flown by. It really has. I've had a good work week but I'm still not caught up lol. I hope by the time I get home today we will have that shower installed and I can take a shower or at least a bath. Have a good Friday, everyone!

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I love that, we are important too! Sorry yesterday was such a rough day, I hope it turned around

@TeresaW1020 Your pup is SO CUTE! And sorry to hear about the children's pastor, I'm glad to hear they recovered okay.

@trooworld Right?! I was struggling big time. I figured out I had 8 meetings by the time it was noon, I thought my head was going to explode. Glad your bathroom is finally getting straightened out!

We had a couple friends over last night for an outdoor social distancing cookout and some bourbon and my head is POUNDING today. Give me strength for this hybrid zoom meeting today, the echoing of multiple people's computer speakers is deafening. I ended up having a bit more than I had planned last night, but nothing too crazy, which I'm proud of!

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    Hmmmm.. I thought I checked in because I remember seeing gemwolf's steps and commenting on them. Maybe I forgot to hit post reply....

@gemwolf110 You are doing such a good job on your house. Love the steps. Post us a pic of your healthy meal you cooked.

@trooworld Have you been meeting your water goal? Oh I thought you were back full time. So glad you will still be able to exercise so you can move forward.

@teresaw1020 Now I know I had looked at the posts because I saw your question and was thinking about it. I even investigated it with my tracker. I only look at the average for my trendline every day. But for reporting purposes, I have been reporting my actual weight each week. I guess cause I know if it's up and I've had some sodium it's not a true weight and doesn't bother me. Like this week, I gained 0.5 lbs but my numbers have been really good this week. No real reason to gain. So it will go away.

@mswatson0777 I'm glad you've found your exercise niche. It's so important for our mental health. Have fun exploring. Sounds fun.

@cbabie That's great that you got a walk in. Focus on what you did right for the day. It must have been the day for dropping things. I dropped an egg on the floor. Then I was getting out the shredded cheese for quesadillas and the bag hit the can of carnation milk and flipped it over so milk was pouring out all over the water bottles and then down into the floor so I had to clean up all that.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 what a cute doggie.

@trooworld Is the bathroom back together again?

@mswatson0777 Just remember that this too shall pass. lol

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 143/150 Intentional movement 32 min walk

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( burn 200 cals via movement o:) preplan food o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld It took over three weeks for our children’s pastor to get her test results back. It seems to be a real problem around here unless you want to pay the big bucks for a rapid test. We did close the church for two weeks and none of us who were around her have a single symptom. The thing is that I can be exposed at any time from multiple sources. I will get tested if I ever come down sick with the symptoms but until then I am living my life to the best of my ability and not worrying about it. :) I’m glad that you had a good week at work and I sure hope that shower has been installed!

@mswatson0777 Ohhh dear overindulging must be going around. I drank a bit more wine last night than I planned to last night and my head doesn’t feel at it’s best. Fortunately for me, I don’t have a Zoom meeting. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Do you use a particular tracker? I’ve been using Happy Scale and just paid for the upgrade. I love the data and how it tracks my 10 days best average. Plus, it has little graphs that I enjoy. :grin

Good morning! I lost 1.5 lbs this week which made me very happy! I did eat too much yesterday and drank a bit more wine then I intended to, but that is OK. I have made my Friday’s my day for indulgences which helps me buckle down the rest of the week and behave. Today’s plans are to work out, do some housework, work on a new puzzle that I just started, and read some of my book. I’m reading I, Alex Cross and it’s sooo good! DH has gotten back into reading and has convinced me to start up too since he has all these good books lying around. Have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Oh my gosh! That is way too many meetings. Your cookout sounds fun. I wish I could do that but we just can't do it here, we don't want to risk it with my brother-in-law being so high risk. That is why I was so glad to go back to work this past Monday: I could actually see and speak with people in person! Lol

@theslightedgeforever Nope I have not been and it shows. Have you? No, full time for the first week and then 20 hours after that. Yes, I'm glad too. No, the bathroom is not done. More on that below. :(

@TeresaW1020 That's bananas! It shouldn't take so long. Yeah, if you don't have any symptoms, I guess there is no reason to worry about it. It hasn't been installed yet, believe it or not! See more below. :( Congrats on the loss! Yay for reading!!!

Hello everyone! So, bad news all around: first, I gained weight this week. Up 1.8 lbs. It could be the takeout we got Thursday AND Friday nights. Although Friday night's takeout was healthy. Boo. Now, the shower: they have installed it but it isn't hooked up yet because some of the pipes/fittings are rusted so they have to get permission to replace those. :( The good news is that the new tub/shower enclosure is much nicer with a lot of shelves for shampoo/soaps etc. But I'm so disappointed that I have to take another shower in the bathroom that my mother-in-law uses at my brother-in-law's. :(

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey gang

Sorry I've not been around. Just have been real off and on again with trying to achieve any fitness goals. Currently trying to get back on again. I walk 2x a day and I do a few stairs (currently 40) just whatever I can do with my tendonitis which is still not fully healed.

My gym is open but they are only allowing people in for 45 mins at a time, and it's super expensive, and I'm struggling with whether it's worth it to go for 45 mins. My personal trainer- I miss him and would totally start with him again, but they cut that to 45 mins too and it's over $100 an hour and I can't bring myself to do that for 45 mins. Honestly it would end up being like 35 mins of working out bc we would talk things through for 10 mins.

So not sure what to do with that.

I've started to track my food again after not doing so for months, bc my weight is edging up. We'll see if I can be consistent.

@trooworld yay you almost have a shower!

@teresaw2010 your little pup is cute.

well wish me luck with some consistency again!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay on your weight loss. I use happy scale too but just the free kind. I'm reading American Dirt right now. It's good but sad.

@trooworld Yeah, seeing other real people. That will be fun one day. lol I was doing well on my water last week, don't know what happened this week but I will begin again tomorrow. With corona, a person could still be infected, asymptomatic and spread to other people. I just read an article about all the kids that are now infected. At least two have died this past week. So sad. So disappointing on your shower. They really want you to enjoy it once you get it. It sounds nice with the little shelves.

@its_cleo I was thinking about you the other day when I read an article about the Blue Jays. Wow, that's expensive on the trainer. Did they up the prices during the pandemic? Well you basically know what to do; it's just a matter of consistently doing it. Maybe once every 12 weeks with a trainer would be good so he could offer tweaks and switch up your program. I'm learning the trick with consistency is just doing it for TODAY. Tomorrow will take care of itself; you can't change yesterday.

Green Day Stayed OP 231/238 Intentional movement: Rest Day

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement *** Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo I can see your dilemma with the gym, I don't know that I would want to pay that for 45 minutes either. You can get back to a pattern of consistency again, I know it!!! Yes, almost have a shower woo hoo! :)

@theslightedgeforever I hope my water is better this next week as I will only be in the office on Monday. Yes, that is true about asymptomatic. That is what is so scary. I think of all the people that are meeting up with friends for dinner and drinks at restaurants and it is really frightening. One of my good friends does this. I don't understand because her HUSBAND had COVID and he's fine now but yet they still take chances like that. Oh I'm really going to enjoy that shower, believe me! I can't wait. :)

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld OK, let's you and I take it day by day this week for the water and then report to each other what we did.

Red Day- Stayed OP 83/100 Intentional Movement: 30+ min of walking and 11 minutes of YouTube shoulder stretching exercises

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Okay sounds good.

Hello all. I'm kind of having a hard time with something. My dad died last week. I didn't say anything because we weren't close. At the time of his death, we hadn't even spoken since last summer. I don't regret not speaking to him, I did that to protect myself. I'm just having really complex emotions right now and it's hard to process. I guess I just needed to say that.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who recently lost a parent, your complicated emotions surrounding his death are totally understandable. For me, it brought up a lot of feelings of what could have been. My biggest recommendation is to find a grief therapist ASAP. It honestly saved my mental health and helped me process the complications in ways I wouldn't have been able to on my own.

@TeresaW1020 falling into a good book is one of the best feelings there is! I recently did the same with "One to Watch" and it was fabulous

@theslightedgeforever Great job keeping up with activity!

@Its_cleo I totally get struggling with gym prices. I'm still paying mine every month, but I'm not going and won't be for some time. I consider it investing in a small business, but if I didn't know the owners so well I may have made a different decision

This weekend SUCKED. And I don't mean kind of sucked, but it was honestly one of the worst weekends I've had in a long time. I started the training day on 6 hours of sleep after a 2.5 hour drive. I walked into the training room (the agenda said masks would be required at all times) and NO ONE was wearing masks. So the first time meeting the new board I'm on and I have to be the jerk who asks people to wear their masks during the 12 hour training. Top that off with having to put out a couple of work fires during the meeting, not sleeping the following evening, my period coming mid-way through the meeting, and me avoiding all social contact with everyone since I didn't trust them to wear masks outside of the room and it was probably one of the worst first impressions I've ever made. And now I'm on this board for the next two years...yay...

I got home and immediately took a three hour nap, and was so exhausted I still slept through the night and took a nap the day after. I didn't get a single workout in all weekend long, felt awful, and ate like crap, which then raised the question of if this was just complete and utter burnout or should I be paranoid about COVID...ugh...

I did make it through a 30 minute workout this morning which was a good sign and I am back at work where I actually feel competent...but I am about ready to throw the towel in and just hide under the covers in my room.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @mswatson0777 wow that sounds like a tough day. It must be hard dealing with the mask thing. Here most people are compliant. Hopefully you will continue to feel better with some rest and good days at work.

@trooworld I'm really sorry for what you're going through. It sounds difficult. Take care of yourself and just know that there's no right way to feel, and whatever you're feeling is ok. I hope you can get some good support. I think I mentioned once I haven't spoken to my mother in years and years. Sometimes I think about how I will feel when she passes. I don't know, but it is the right thing for me not to talk to her even though it was a tough decision.

@theslightedgeforever my gym was always expensive but it used to feel worth it. I don't know for 45 mins. So right now I am just leaving it and saving the money.

well I've tracked regularly for about 3 days. I went out yesterday with friends and overdid it and lunch out tomorrow with another friend. But I'm being relaxed about it. It's very rare now to get out and see people bc of covid, so I'm just going to enjoy it.

Take care all.
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 I am so sorry that you had such a bad weekend! That is just awful that you had to be the one to get people to wear their masks. I hope you will have a better week. <3 I just got RBdigital so I can get audiobooks from my library. I think that will be fun when I’m working on my puzzles.

@trooworld You already know that I have you in my thoughts! <3

@theslightedgeforever I need your book recommendations. It’s been so long since I did any reading for pleasure that I don’t know what to try to get other than James Patterson. And he can be a bit intense. Makes Justified look tame. ;)

@its_cleo Yikes that is a lot for a trainer. I can see why you would hesitate. :/

Hey everyone! So this is my last week with my current workout Barre/weight lifting. I’m happy that I actually stuck it out all 8 weeks, but I am looking forward to doing something different. I’m leaning towards 21-Day Fix and combining it with my treadmill. That is a three-week program and at the end of the month, there is a new one that combines boxing and weight lifting that I might check out. I mean heck, I’ve become a ballerina doing Barre, I might as well become a boxer. Right? :D I also went to Aldi and took my mom to get her other eye surgery done. I broke my fast earlier than usual today and I really need to stop doing that. Tomorrow, I’m setting a goal of a minimum of 21 hours, which means I’m NOT eating until 1:30 pm. Yesterday, I bought this amazing puzzle for $40 off FB Marketplace. It’s called Bizarre Town and I can’t wait to get started on it! :grin:

kbmbvsbc806e.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I only got 1/2 of my water goal. :/ I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. Things like this can be complicated. My dad passed suddenly in 2017. We were close until his stroke and then he died 6 weeks later. For some reason he didn't talk to me during those last 6 weeks. We used to talk an hour on the phone every week and I think during those 6 weeks I talked to him 2 or 3 times for 5 minutes or less. I'll never know why, I didn't get closure. But nothing I can do about it other than make my own closure.

@mswatson0777 Gym: Investing in a small business is really a good way to look at it during this time. Masks:
    At least the impression of you will be someone who stands by her convictions which is so much better than a flip-flop person. I'm sorry you had such a taxing weekend. But you got back on track and did a great workout instead of wallowing.

@its_cleo Yaaay for tracking. Just concentrate on one day at a time. I've had the same thoughts about if my brother passes before I do. We haven't talked in years. His choice. Although really the brother I used to have passed a long time ago. This one is just the father of my nephews and nieces. I'll feel sad for them.

@teresaw1020 You have done a great job with the Barre workout. That sounded very tough Good for you for sticking it out. Become a boxer this next month and then you can move on to cage fighting. :D I have a hard time with audiobooks. My attention wanders. Books: It depends on what type of genre you like. I read fluff books cause I like the escape. But once a month for bookclub I read different genres. I'm currently reading American Dirt for my bookclub on Thursday. It's a woman and child escaping extreme violence in Mexico and they are a target. So it's their journey to "el norte" I'm picking up some Spanish as I read this. lol That puzzle looks tough. But fun.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 163/164 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks and that's a good suggestion. I do have a therapist and I'm talking to her (virtually) on Weds, so that should help. For me, it's not so much about what could have been but other feelings that I need to explore with my therapist. That's terrible that nobody was wearing a mask! Did people put a mask on once you asked them to? Oh, I'm so sorry it went that way, it does sound awful. And here you thought you were going to a hotel and it would be a whole different situation. :(

@its_cleo Thank you very much. I'm going to speak with my therapist on Weds so that should be helpful. I'm sure when your mom passes you, too, will have complex emotions, but hopefully, you will not have any regrets about not talking to her. I do not have regrets about not talking to my father. It was the healthy thing to do for me and maybe that's how you feel? Congrats on tracking for 3 days, that's great.

@TeresaW1020 That's great that you got RBDigital so you can listen to audiobooks while you do your puzzles! You will get through so many books. Thank you, yes, I know I am in your thoughts and I appreciate it very much. Boxing would be fun, it's a good workout. How did your mom's surgery go? That looks like a really cool puzzle!

@theslightedgeforever Yesterday was a really bad day emotionally for me and I just didn't think about my water goal at all and so I am ashamed to say I only drank about 16 oz of water. :/ Thank you re: my dad. That must have been very hard at the time to not get closure, I hope you have been able to make your own closure in some way.

Hi all. So yesterday was a very tough day for me. I had a busy day at work and then on the way home, I was starving and I stopped at got fast food. I haven't had fast food in probably 8 months. At least I tracked it. It was total emo eating.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgefover I think it's possible my mind might wander too. I do goo listening to a podcast but that it isn't the same as listening to a novel. I will find out later today. I just checked out "When we left Cuba" which was recommended to me by a friend. I do like some good fluff too. :wink: Cage fighter!! :D

@trooworld So sorry that you had a rough day yesterday. You need some Zen time to regroup and get back into the zone. Hang in there! <3

Good morning! Mom and I were at Walmart by 8 am this morning. I wanted to beat the heat and the crowds. My mom's eye surgery went really well yesterday and she thinks that the eye is much better. Her right eye is still a big problem and we have to wait until the 25th to see what they will do next. My DH went and got his booster shot yesterday for Shingles. The shot's side effects are terrible! He was running a fever and had chills all night. Neither of us got much sleep and he is back in bed right now. Hopefully, he will start feeling better soon! I'm not working out today but instead doing my floors and clean the house. I'm also going to push my fast to at least 21 hours today because the scale is frowning at me. :|
  • mswatson0777
    @its_cleo Great job being back on track! Getting to see friends does feel so indulgent!

@trooworld Glad you have someone to talk to to help process everything, you're in my thoughts. I'm really impressed you tracked everything yesterday, that's huge!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for your kind words, I'm going to cling to those cause I feel like crap about the whole situation! And I love fluffy books too. The Kiss Quotient was a recent one I fell in love with. And Elinor Oliphant is Completely Fine.

@TeresaW1020 That puzzle looks amazing and like it will keep you busy for a long time! I hope you're able to find some fabulous audiobooks, I love falling into a good book!

I'm feeling a lot better today. Work is still stressful but at least it's not all day meetings like it was yesterday. I did hop on the scale this morning and am amazed I'm only up 1/2lb. After the emotional, exhausting, tumultuous weekend I had I expected it to be more. I am still frustrated since after getting back on the wagon I'm barely down any weight. It's like my body is clinging to it this time. Oh well, it's not a race and at least I'm not going crazy in the wrong direction anymore.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Morning all, I have had a crazy week. Little one has been sick, she was sick on her birthday..had to take her to urgent care on her birthday. Ear infection...poor thing. She had to wear a mask, first time ever wearing a mask..she did so good. I was so proud of her. So back on to trying to eat and move this body.LOL

I did get on the treadmill yesterday, but too tired today. Ate a big piece of birthday cake last night with NO guilt. She only turns 2 one time. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, loss is loss, it really doesn't play favorites..LOL. We all still grieve over loss. You are in my thoughts today. I still get sad over my dad not being here, especially to see my great granddaughter.. he would have loved her.

@TeresaW1020 Wow now that is a puzzle..I would never be able to do that. Do you like Christian who done it? Try Terri Blackstock, I have a few good authors for those kind of books.

@theslightedgeforever I am sorry you never got closure. I know that is important to you. That book you are reading sounds good.

@its_cleo I am with you on the gym, I used to pay and really not think much, but I really do like working out at home..LOL when I do. Yea for tracking...hopefully I will get there and track 3 days in a row. LOL

@mswatson0777 I am so sorry you had a bad weekend..well at least the board you are on knows you mean business and you are not afraid to speak up. I take that as a PLUS. I hope you feel better

Cbabie