Benefits of losing Facebook?

I’ve just completed week 3
And I’m 8lbs down

I’ve successfully done significant weight loss twice before on MFP, but it’s taken me months to get back into it this time.

So what was the difference of the last 3 weeks? I lost access to Facebook! So every time I habitually looked to my phone where did I go? I logged my food!

I would like to build up a network on here if possible which will keep me coming back

Anyone? :)

Replies

• Luv_orange
    Luv_orange Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, I'm disabled from fb
    I like what you are putting down..I was thinking the same thing recently.
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    I got off FB about two years ago. Other than the pictures of my friends and family the rest was mostly rumors and out-right falsehoods. I haven't missed it. I was a member of some groups that communicated exclusively on FB but it's still not worth going back on.
    How about an update @ultraastra ?
  • jenniferadkins5
    jenniferadkins5 Posts: 17 Member
    I fully agree. I had to step a way from FB due to the stresses of FB. I gained weight, having panic attacks and started lossing my hair.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    I've not been on Facebook for nearly 5 years now. Best thing I ever did. You can truly have a peaceful life without being sucked into everyone else's bull.

Well done on the 8lb loss!
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    I have never done Facebook. I think I missed out on the hype memo. Rest of family seem hooked on it though and have a paddy if I say it is ok to take my picture but don’t put it on Facebook...
    Keep safe out there folks and wash those paws 🐾
    Chris
    🤣💪🏼🌈
  • ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    I deactivated my FB account 3 months ago. I was able to keep the messenger app on my phone and still use that. The only thing I miss is the marketplace page on it. Everything else was stressful.
  • Aimeesdiet
    Aimeesdiet Posts: 27 Member
    Deleted fb, insta and snap 3 days ago, it has been a good experience, I think I get a lot more done in the day now. Its quite lonely though but I think deleting your socials is the way forward, everyone seems to be doing it
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    I haven’t had fb in about 7 years ! I deactivated a LONG time ago. No insta nothing. Not even snap.

I spend a lot of time on my phone looking at the news and in mfp
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    It’s such a peaceful life once you get off Fb and Insta. All they do is encourage you to kill precious time and compare your life to others instead of being ultra grateful for the life you have! I stopped all that stuff about six years ago (Fb) and two years ago (Instagram) and I have felt more satisfied and fulfilled because of it. There are studies on teens and depression due to social media so it’s not a stretch to think it causes internal strife for adults as well. With all the free time you have NOT looking at other people’s highly exaggerated lives, you have time to invest in your own!

By the way, congrats on 8 lbs. in three weeks! Wow. 💪
  • kfarnworth2785
    kfarnworth2785 Posts: 46 Member
    Congratulations on the 8 lbs! 🎉🎉🎉
  • cbreck77
    cbreck77 Posts: 13 Member
    I stopped checking Facebook last week. First couple days were surprisingly hard but now I feel so much freer.
  • ultraastra
    ultraastra Posts: 30 Member
    Congratulations on the 8 lbs! 🎉🎉🎉

Thanks so much! :)
    I'm down 40lbs now
    MFP seems to be working
  • ultraastra
    ultraastra Posts: 30 Member
    steph6556 wrote: »
    It’s such a peaceful life once you get off Fb and Insta. All they do is encourage you to kill precious time and compare your life to others instead of being ultra grateful for the life you have! I stopped all that stuff about six years ago (Fb) and two years ago (Instagram) and I have felt more satisfied and fulfilled because of it. There are studies on teens and depression due to social media so it’s not a stretch to think it causes internal strife for adults as well. With all the free time you have NOT looking at other people’s highly exaggerated lives, you have time to invest in your own!

By the way, congrats on 8 lbs. in three weeks! Wow. 💪

Thanks alot :)
    It slowed down as I continued, but still on track, and now 40 lbs down
    Loving the difference
  • naturegirldebbie
    naturegirldebbie Posts: 11 Member
    I gave up FB when I started getting personalized ads for funeral homes, hospices and miracle cures after visiting my doctor about a serious condition. I have to use messenger (on computer, not app) because that's how my family communicates. I want to give that up too. Since giving up FB my life is far less stressful and my BP is much better.