Woah, we're half way there!

ultraastra
ultraastra Posts: 30 Member
Its been a while since I put anything on here

At the start of this year I had reached a weight I was incredibly unhappy with,
All of my xxl clothes were getting tight, and my BMI had crept up to over 36%

In January, after many attempted starts of this journey something seemed to 'click'
I always think the hardest shift is the mental one, so when I finally made it, the weight started to come off.

Until the middle of march I was doing well, but then...... Lockdown
For the first four weeks my weight started to go up and down, pretty much maintaining, which was incredibly frustrating!
Anyway from there I decided, I dont care how slow this is, my weight going down! So slowly, since the end of April, I have walked, jogged, cycled, and logged eveything I eat, and slowly, slowly I am back on track. I have now lost 40 lbs (try lifting that to see what it feels like)
I am wearing Large clothes, and have thrown out a bunch of bigger clothes to make sure going back the way is too expensive to contemplate lol

I have 40 lbs to go to be in the 'Normal' weight range. I am still obsese, but only 5 lbs from 'overweight' which seems a strange thing to celebrate, but I will be treating myself to some new trainers when I get there.

I expect to be another 20 lbs down by the end of the year, and at the target by Summer next year.
I'll post some pictures at some point, but for anyone struggling, if I can do this, so can you!

Keep the faith
hmmmm, two Bon Jovi references, I am showing my age

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    All is well with how some of us are opting to approach getting healthier, fitter and stronger, committed to doing everything better, as we get older.

I also staggered when the pandemic started, then recovered, now paced with my daily workout.

Btw, thanks for referencing Bon Jovi's "Keep the faith."

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Great tip about getting rid of larger clothes - i did not do that on my previous two big losses and the weight crept back on. All too easy just to reach for the larger clothes if they are still in the wardrobe - having to go out and buy new ones would be far more powerful reminder that things are slipping. I am hoping that, in 20 pounds time, my closet will be alot emptier.
  • ultraastra
    ultraastra Posts: 30 Member
    I have to be honest
    I really wanted to keep some of them
    Too much monies worth to do easily :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!