ISO a no fail SUGAR FREE cottage cheese cheesecake

southrnchic479
southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
I’m not on keto - I just want something low cal and sugar free. Having trouble finding anything on Pinterest or google and with my recent baking fails using Erythritol and xylitol (excess moisture occurred and weird crystallization at the top both times I tried making a banana bread 🤷🏻‍♀️) I thought I’d see if anyone had something tried and true. TIA!!

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    I don’t, but I’m in to see if anyone has a good low cal cheesecake recipe! There was a thread in here that was really popular, but the member got banned from the forums so his recipe got deleted. I do have a yummy funfetti cheesecake dip recipe if you’re interested. It’s made with nonfat Greek yogurt.
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    I don’t, but I’m in to see if anyone has a good low cal cheesecake recipe! There was a thread in here that was really popular, but the member got banned from the forums so his recipe got deleted. I do have a yummy funfetti cheesecake dip recipe if you’re interested. It’s made with nonfat Greek yogurt.

I think I know who you're talking about!! I had it saved or was following it for the longest time, so I went to find it on here today and I couldn't :( yeah let me know what you find, if anything! My dad's diabetic and I'm trying to keep my calories low so thought I'd try to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    As the self-appointed digital widow of our dearly beloved and sometimes salty @just_Tomek (umm, unbeknownst to him), I gift you with the freedom of further searching the forums. Here's a recent thread with a version of the original recipe (which was later modified without explanation by a mod/mods)...

Where's the Cheesecake??
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45197825#Comment_45197825
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Not to mention the welcome return of said cheesecake author has now been removed too! Whether that’s a personal choice on his part due to draconian measures or admin decision who knows!

Twilight Zone! 😱
  • MaltedTea
    edited August 2020
    Come again now?? He's back? Don't play with my emotions @BarbaraHelen2013. Username stat, please lol
  • MaltedTea
    Correction: he WAS back. He's like Polkaroo (obscure Canadian kids' show reference. If you know, you know).

I'll keep a better eye out. He'll be back. I hope lol
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Light Funfetti Cake Dip:
    .5 cup/ 127.5 g nonfat plain Greek yogurt (75 cal)
    .5 cup/ 113.5 g unsweetened coconut milk (20 cal)
    2 scoops/ 32 g Designer Protein - Lite Vanilla Cupcake (120 cal)
    .5 pckg/ 14 g Jell-o Sugar Free Cheesecake pudding mix (50 cal)
    .5 tsp/ 3.5 g vanilla extract (6 cal)
    .25 tsp/ 1.7 g cake batter flavor extract
    1 tbsp/ 12.5 g rainbow sprinkles (60 cal)
    1 tsp/ .5 g granulated sucralose

Combine the Greek yogurt, coconut milk, protein powder, and pudding mix and beat with whisk until smooth & thick. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Entire recipe: about 305 grams/ 331 calories.
    Makes 18x 17g (one level tbsp) servings.
    Per 17g/Tbsp:
    18.4 calories
    2.1 g carbs
    .3 g fat
    1.8 g protein
    .8 g sugar
    50 mg sodium

2 tbsp funfetti dip is perfect for 1 whole graham cracker sheet. 37 cal dip + 65 cal cracker = 102 calorie snack. Double that for a more satisfying snack/treat. Or just enjoy half the recipe at a time with a spoon. It’s high in protein!
    The dip isn’t overly sweet, but if you’re accustomed to the taste of artificial sweeteners, it’s surprisingly tasty and very low calorie, compared to using regular pudding mix, whole milk, and cream cheese in similar full calorie, more indulgent recipes.
    cg4ijl1yivws.jpeg
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Ah man I can't believe that thread was gone...I've been looking for two weeks for it :D finally got some decent priced cream cheese ^.^. Thanks for the link!
  • MeganD1704
    https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/brownie-cheesecake-low-carb-and-gluten-free/

sub the sweetner for liquid stevia if you can- otherwise you get a bit of that icy after taste.
    This is the cake I made for myself last year when I was doing keto. I garnished with some fresh strawberries.
    10 servings no strawberries= 1/10th is 381 cal.
  • MeganD1704
    made this one in the fall
    again sub sweentner for liquid stevia if you can. No one complained about the icy after taste but I wasnt a fan when I made either with swerve the first time.

https://www.heyketomama.com/keto-pumpkin-cheesecake/