New at Maintaining...

h5o314shzqf7.jpg

I have dropped nearly 70lbs and need to start maintaining instead of losing. Any tips will help. TIA

Replies

• Thanks! I have slowly transitioning to a new way. I workout 5 days a week and break on the weekend. I still try to eat the same in the weekend. But im excited to learn new ways .
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Thanks! I have slowly transitioning to a new way. I workout 5 days a week and break on the weekend. I still try to eat the same in the weekend. But im excited to learn new ways .

THIS. This is how I have sustained my loss for almost 3 years now. I loss 100 lbs from January 11th to September 15th of 2017. Once I reached goal (100 lb loss) I started taking my weekends off. I wouldn't gorge myself, but I ate more freely, no weighing or logging any meals & usually avoiding the scales to weigh myself. First thing Monday morning.. I weigh myself and get right back to my healthier choices. This method has basically kept me in a weight loss mode of sorts as when I weigh frist thing Monday morning my weight has usually shifted up some but it is right back in my 'comfort zone' by Wednesday/Thursday. From Sept 2017, I would take off most every weekend until COVID. Since we were home more, I found myself staying the course even over the weekends here and there. I have taken extended time off (the latest being 9 consecutive days - August 1st through 9th while we were camping at the lake). Yeah, my weight shifted up some, but no more than it does over a weekend. We relaxed a lot, but managed to get right much swimming, some walking and a little biking in which obviously helped. I think there will always be a fear of 'going back', but it has decreased a little over time. I made lifestyle changes and I know for a fact that is how I have managed to keep the weight off (and even loss more).

Congrats on your loss!! Best of luck with finding the balance now that you've reached your goal and give yourself time to test the waters and find what exactly that means for you as an individual.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    All the above....and...borrowed from my WW Days:

When getting to goal, have two weight goals. One is your absolute Target Weight number, the other is your Goal Maintenance Zone of +/-5 pounds. This accounts for those fluctuations that occur (Water, Sodium, Monthly Cycle, Food in the tubes, etc). It's freedom because life happens, yet we have the tools to work ourselves back to Zone.

This has saved me endlessly from focusing on ONE NUMBER and having a range I'm ok with. Again, Life Happens and our bodes aren't absolutes. Sometimes they do their own thing.

We work hard to get healthy, so why spend our maintenance season to freak out if we're .2 over Target Weight? No fun in that.

Congrats and onward!
  • Thanks! I have slowly transitioning to a new way. I workout 5 days a week and break on the weekend. I still try to eat the same in the weekend. But im excited to learn new ways .

THIS. This is how I have sustained my loss for almost 3 years now. I loss 100 lbs from January 11th to September 15th of 2017. Once I reached goal (100 lb loss) I started taking my weekends off. I wouldn't gorge myself, but I ate more freely, no weighing or logging any meals & usually avoiding the scales to weigh myself. First thing Monday morning.. I weigh myself and get right back to my healthier choices. This method has basically kept me in a weight loss mode of sorts as when I weigh frist thing Monday morning my weight has usually shifted up some but it is right back in my 'comfort zone' by Wednesday/Thursday. From Sept 2017, I would take off most every weekend until COVID. Since we were home more, I found myself staying the course even over the weekends here and there. I have taken extended time off (the latest being 9 consecutive days - August 1st through 9th while we were camping at the lake). Yeah, my weight shifted up some, but no more than it does over a weekend. We relaxed a lot, but managed to get right much swimming, some walking and a little biking in which obviously helped. I think there will always be a fear of 'going back', but it has decreased a little over time. I made lifestyle changes and I know for a fact that is how I have managed to keep the weight off (and even loss more).

Congrats on your loss!! Best of luck with finding the balance now that you've reached your goal and give yourself time to test the waters and find what exactly that means for you as an individual.

Thanks, for thw advice and support. Congrats on your weight loss as well
  • GBO323 wrote: »
    All the above....and...borrowed from my WW Days:

When getting to goal, have two weight goals. One is your absolute Target Weight number, the other is your Goal Maintenance Zone of +/-5 pounds. This accounts for those fluctuations that occur (Water, Sodium, Monthly Cycle, Food in the tubes, etc). It's freedom because life happens, yet we have the tools to work ourselves back to Zone.

This has saved me endlessly from focusing on ONE NUMBER and having a range I'm ok with. Again, Life Happens and our bodes aren't absolutes. Sometimes they do their own thing.

We work hard to get healthy, so why spend our maintenance season to freak out if we're .2 over Target Weight? No fun in that.

Congrats and onward!

Thanks! I definitely understand the 'window' weight fluctuations. Thanks for the advice
  • hunnahs26
    hunnahs26 Posts: 288 Member
    Awesome job! (:
  • hunnahs26 wrote: »
    Awesome job! (:

Thank you ☺