Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2020
    Good morning Kathryn and Sara and Dawn and everybody else who stops by later on~~

I was up in the middle of the night, so I slept in this morning - and I missed the "dishes rattling" earthquake here in NC. Dang. I have never experienced an earthquake, even though I was right there for roughly six of them throughout my life.

Kathryn - thank you for the wonderful puppies & mama photos! How amazingly cute and sweet they all are.

Dawn - Thank you for telling us of the latest of DD and DM and grandmother.
    Has your DM talked with the doctors directly?
    It is not good mentally for old people to be in the hospital so long because they do not get their needed sleep, and then they start having delusions, etc., which adds to the physical problems they came in with. Hoping that they move him to rehab soon. Is there any talk of nursing home?
    Sending you big hugs 🤗
    Take good care of yourself Dawn!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Lana I lived long enough in SF to feel earthquakes. I have slept through a couple. Glad you and your things are okay.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Kathryn- those babies are so cute! Love puppies!

Lana/ Sara- I don't know if DM has talked to Dr's, lately. She said, she is leaving it all to him. She's not dealing with it, cuz he won't listen to her. Nursing home has been mentioned. They both say, absolutely not. I agree, he probably should go to Rehab. Especially, since he has not really walked in almost 9 days. DM is worried about blood clot.

I'm just mentally and physically exhausted. This weekend was just horrible. My family is so odd. We don't talk about anything. We just sit in awkward silence. I try to talk, and feel judged...I honestly would be ok, if I could just stay away...I love them..i just don't feel like I belong... anywhere
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    My sister got a 3-for-1 surgery last Monday. She went in for gastric bypass surgery and was having gall bladder issues, so the dr agreed to remove gall bladder while he was in there. While that was going on, they discovered a hernia, so he stitched that up while he was in there too. She is extremely sore but got everything done at once so she wont have repeated hospitalizations/procedures. She had tried diet and exercise so many times but was unable to lose the weight. It also had to do with an adrenal issue and thyroid removal and the associated medications that kept her from losing the weight. She is on the road to recovery now! Thank goodness!!

Meanwhile, I have no motivation to stay on program with weightloss. I just dont have any focus lately. Not sure what it is, but I really need to get back on track. I have gained enough weight that I am now feeling it in my joints and having other issues that I am pretty sure are weight related. Not to mention, I am refusing to purchase bigger clothes so I only have 2 pairs of pants and one pair of shorts that fit (and they are tight!) I need to lose weight to regain comfort and my wardrobe.

CW - 180
    HW - 216
    GW - 150
  • LanaCabana537
    cokcelpietaz.jpeg
    *** MONDAY August 10th ***

Good morning all~~

Getting us started.... Where is Philippe with the half-caf?

Lana

259.4 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Something is working right, weigh in today is around the amount I had in March!!! So I will keep going.

It is Monday - but I leave early for an eye apt. Dilation means someone must take me.This place is not too far from an ice cream store.......???

Hang in there. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Kathryn - glad your sister is on the mend. That is a lot of surgery! Your writing about motivation is me in a nut shell! I will try and send you some motivation if you send some my way! And those puppies - too cute!
    Good morning Sara and Lana!
    Dawn - I wish I could make things better. I am sorry this is all happening and it is taking a toll on you.
    Lost a first cousin this weekend. He was only 58- heart attack. Opens my eyes again to working on cherishing every day!
    Have a great Monday.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    Sara - Hope that your appointment goes well; maybe there is some ice cream in your future....Congrats on the good weigh in!

Kathryn - glad for your sister that they got 3 things done in one surgery. That is great.
    I hear you about the clothes!

Dawn - you are certainly going through a tough time. Sending hugs out to you. 🤗

Lynn - so sorry about your cousin. Too young and a shock to the family! 😓
    You are right about cherishing every day we have.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Eye exam went well, did get ice cream ( birthday cake that flavor was okay will try another one next time) - need to have visual field done again it was too wonky and she wants to make sure it was the way the test was given and not my eyes.

Will be inside for a couple hours before I try and walk. Have 3700 already so I dont need to get too many steps in and it is upper side of very warm and not quite extremely hot so I can wait.

I did fall asleep waiting to see eye dr ..... so maybe a nap now? I will try anyway as I eyes are still dilated.

If I dont fly by before lights out, wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2020
    Good morning,

Lana do you collect money from the other walkers? If it motivates you to walk, then better to spend $$$ on something that is not food. Thank you for getting us started. Any chance of a bunny picture?

Got 6k walking last night.

Boss off for today/tomorrow!!! Cboys are planning a party at the cabana.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Hey there Sara - Nice going on your walking! Good for you 👍🏻😁

I'm not going to ask for money from the other walkers for a bunch of reasons. I'm able to afford it on my own, and I consider it a "good deed".

As for the bunny, I will try to get a photo of her. Just over the past few days, I've happened upon her in a certain area, where she just sits there and grooms herself. I can stand 8 or ten feet away from her, in plain sight. She must see me, but I hold still, so I don't seem to be a threat.
    She's just an Eastern cottontail, but I love her! She is a good spirit.

*looking for Maurice to make arrangements for the Monster-Free Happy Hours at the Club today and tomorrow*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy hour! I am on my way!
    Popping in to say hi!
  • LanaCabana537
    4si7colyrvii.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY August 12th ***

Good morning everyone~~

Sara - Enjoy another Mrs. Monster-free day, OK?

Lynn - yes, the happy hour will feature foot massages, pillow fluffing, and zero-calorie drinks and snacks!

Waves to Dawn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Holly and Runa and Missy and Sara in the UK and Saltine and whoever joins us later on~~

Time for me to go walking with The Ladies, and walk off those cookies that hopped into my cart at Target yesterday. 🤓

Lana

259.4 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana dont you just hate it when those things just have the nerve to jump into your cart like they belong there?? Enjoy your walk.

Hopefully another quiet day at work. Decided when I woke up that I would take a nap at lunch.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi everyone!

I have become obsessive about the scale and food and everything again. I am trying to get myself to stop, but it’s so compulsive.

Someone notified me today they tested positive for the virus. It will be almost a full two weeks since I have seen them, but I will be talking with the nurse practitioner at my doctor’s office about any necessity of getting myself tested or contacting everyone I have had contact with since then. Seems like it would be odd for me to test positive and be asymptomatic only because I have so many health conditions (asthma, prediabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) that I’ve read has made others much more sick than average, whatever that is nowadays.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be. I am sorry about the different family and stuff that is going on. I know it can be really hard. One of my dear friends got diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer this Spring. She’s 11 months older than me. For a year she was being treated for COPD and the doctor never once ordered a chest x-ray. When they gave her one as part of a preop for something else, they thought she had TB or lung cancer. I wonder if anything could have been found earlier and made any difference in her prognosis. Three other friends are also in hormone therapy or doing chemo for different cancer diagnoses. My heart goes out to folks. I’d take on all the sickness for folks, if I could.

Here’s hoping for a much better weekend upcoming!

Runa
  • LanaCabana537
    Hi Sara~~

Hi Runa~~ I hope that the Corona virus leaves you alone! Keep us posted.
    Although you may feel compulsive right now with the scale and everything, it might not be a bad thing so long as you are eating enough healthy calories, right? Maybe you feel compulsive because you have re-committed to your goals and you are highly motivated! Run with it! 💖

I sure did my walk this morning, but I think the pace was a bit quicker than usual. I was worn out at the end, and I never really regained my energy all day. Dang.

Everyone have a good evening and get enough sleep if you can!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    I could have swore I posted the other day...

Kathryn- glad they we able to take care of everything for your sister. Hope she is doing well and on her way to recovery...I am right there with No motivation....I just feel drained...mentally, physically...you’ll get there...hugs

Lana- good for you, stepping up to lead walking group...

Sara-there are so many “Birthday Cake” flavored things...not sure I get it...I saw, didn’t try, Birthday Cake flavored Kit Kat...although, I would try the “Apple Pie” one, if they would have had it...

Runa- sending positive thoughts that you stay Covid Free...hugs..

Lynn- so very sorry about your cousin,,,hugs
  • arniedog74
    edited August 2020
    I do finally have some better news...DD is home and doing pretty good. He’s been up, moving around, doing stuff...I’m sure he’s taking it easy...but, he’s up...getting all that fluid (16lbs) off really helped....we knew it would...if he just would have listened...hopefully, when I go to nieces wedding next month, things will be much calmer...

I now have a new Scentsy teammie! I’m so excited! I had a Recruit last year..but, she would never really commit...this girl, is so super excited..she just signed up Monday and already had her first sale...she already has a party booked...i think she is going to do great!

Speaking of Scentsy...the New Catalog is out...tomorrow, Captain America warmer is coming out...Rocket and Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, next week, Harvest Collection and Nightmare Before Christmas Collection September 1st...so much great stuff...

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/12758875/Fall Winter 2020

• LanaCabana537
    vaca0lee4y6i.jpeg
    *** THURSDAY August 13th ***

Good morning All ☀️

Dawn, I am so glad for you that your DD is home and moving around! Hopefully the current meds will keep him stable and able to do things.
    Good news about the new teammie!

Waving to all who stop by later on....

*tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

259.4 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal