What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Hides their phone
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    anyone who has a lot of people in their life that they no longer speak to, but speak about.

Depends on why they no longer speak to them. There are good reasons not to speak to former friends/acquaintances. Narcissism, abuse and being a toxic person come to mind.

Now if they're all a bunch of people that that person refuses to ever call by their actual name and only refers to them by a hate-filled moniker, then yeah.. I would say it's a red flag and you should skidaddle.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited August 2020
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    If she asks you "does (whatever clothing item) make my thighs look fat?"
    ...pretend you didn't hear...you won't answer this one right

Buuuuuuuuuut... the Snickers commercial just told me to shove a Snickers in my mouth to fix the problem. Is that not accurate? :lol:

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    When it suddenly dawns on me that he’s all in my head. 🤯
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    pronounces the word "tortillas" very ostentatiously at a restaurant

"thorteeyass"
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    If her beard is thicker then mine 🤣
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    iMago wrote: »

"thorteeyass"

Or worse.. talks about their trip to

“Barthelona”
  • iMago
    hrichts wrote: »

"thorteeyass"

“Barthelona”

Ibitha
  • CacoEther

"thorteeyass"

“Barthelona”

Ibitha

I’m too uncultured to know what this is 🤣

Red flag for me- when he never lets me drive
  • iMago

"thorteeyass"

“Barthelona”

Ibitha

can you drive stick?
  • CacoEther

"thorteeyass"

“Barthelona”

Ibitha

can you drive stick?

Learned how to drive (and took my drivers test) in an old manual transmission colt vista 😆
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    anyone who has a lot of people in their life that they no longer speak to, but speak about.

Depends on why they no longer speak to them. There are good reasons not to speak to former friends/acquaintances. Narcissism, abuse and being a toxic person come to mind.

Now if they're all a bunch of people that that person refuses to ever call by their actual name and only refers to them by a hate-filled moniker, then yeah.. I would say it's a red flag and you should skidaddle.

I get not speaking to someone for whatever reason, but i agree its a red flag if they still speak about these people.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    People who somehow equate doing 80% of the talking to winning the argument 😑
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member

According to Jordan Peterson, winning an argument is less important than just making peace with a disagreement. Not sure if i buy that.....but its a thought......
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

According to Jordan Peterson, winning an argument is less important than just making peace with a disagreement. Not sure if i buy that.....but its a thought......

I agree with Jordan Peterson...there is no changing someone's mind...they are spending their time coming up with a rebuttal to your points.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

I agree with Jordan Peterson...there is no changing someone's mind...they are spending their time coming up with a rebuttal to your points.

Not always true... I've never been afraid of saying "You're right"... But in most cases, you're right...

See what I did there 😏
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

Not always true... I've never been afraid of saying "You're right"... But in most cases, you're right...

See what I did there 😏

😁

Yeah not every person is incapable. Just the majority...we are rare @Mr_Healthy_Habits
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    If anyone wanted to give me a red flag, I’d take it. It’s nice to receive gifts
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

See what I did there 😏

😁

Yeah not every person is incapable. Just the majority...we are rare @Mr_Healthy_Habits

We just be passive aggressive like...

th?id=OGC.06282cabff1d7685792823c65db73d9b&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f1gVU8rDxMOli0eTcIe%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=UfsuqZFH9HOokwEgz09n0nIyPU5auWgyK4S%2bKH%2bkYno%3d