Anyone Try Omada Health?

breefoshee
breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
edited August 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I get it free through my employer and signed up-- because... well. FREE. You get a digital scale and it basically sends your weight to a coach every day. You also get a support group and nutrition material.

It looks like it's flexible and not a strict diet program where you have to follow all their rules... but basically like a glorified accountability tool.

Has anyone tried this? If so, how helpful was it?

I tend to be really motivated by accountability-- but, it has to come from someone I have a healthy fear for lol! Otherwise, I could care less.

Replies

• ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I did it several years ago through my employer so I could earn HSA cash. I wasn’t serious about losing weight at the time but I remember doing a lot of eye rolling. I bet the program has improved since then. Good luck!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    If accountability is a major motivator for you, definitely do it. And FREE? Well... can't argue with that.

Heck, perhaps pioneer for some people and make a thread with periodic updates on what you find works and doesn't work with it.
  • breefoshee
    I'm not sure that the info will be new or fresh because weight loss really stays the same. But... free digital bluetooth scale and a place to talk with people about my journey and be accountable.

Sometimes I just like to chat about what I am doing or what I am excited about, but for my friends that don't struggle with weight loss it can be more of a one-sided conversation.
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    I'm doing it right now. Like you, I also like the accountability. I haven't learned anything ground breaking, but I have picked up a few things. And, I have lost weight!
  • stevechisnell
    stevechisnell Posts: 1 Member
    Same as most of you. Have used it for last year and the self-accountability has helped me drop 45 pounds and built some good habits. Still using it, but finding it more annoying now because 1) it's not as detailed as other apps like MFT and 2} doesn't integrate with them well, so I'm making everything twice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Hmmmm I bet I could coach and build a better program. Lol, maybe I'll consult them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • breefoshee
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hmmmm I bet I could coach and build a better program. Lol, maybe I'll consult them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

It wasn't bad but it wasn't AMAZING. My group wasn't super active but my coach was really good. They were really positive and encouraging and not extreme like many programs. They eased you into it.

I did feel like my coach had to read from a script. Through google stalking him, I learned that he was actually a super ripped fitness competitor in his late 60's and he trained other competitors and helped people lose weight.

I had wanted to get back into lifting since my apt. gym was open so I asked him for advice. He was really encouraging, but sent me an Omada article on how to body weight exercises.