What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Idk if this is unpopular but I really do not like fruit flavored yogurt or fruit Popsicles, ice cream etc.

I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I do find it a little bit dull. I'd rather just have the actual fruit. For yogurt, I prefer chocolate, vanilla or honey flavorings. The only exception would be coconut, I do like coconut popsicles a ton.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Idk if this is unpopular but I really do not like fruit flavored yogurt or fruit Popsicles, ice cream etc.

I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I do find it a little bit dull. I'd rather just have the actual fruit. For yogurt, I prefer chocolate, vanilla or honey flavorings. The only exception would be coconut, I do like coconut popsicles a ton.

Okay, to clarify... I guess with frozen desserts I can do fruity ice cream... like strawberry cheesecake, raspberry chocolate chunk or blueberry, etc. as long as it is sweet cream based. But fruity ice, granitas, sorbet, etc. I don't like. And popsicles. I do like fudge pops or banana based pops. idkkkkk
  • RelCanonical

Okay, to clarify... I guess with frozen desserts I can do fruity ice cream... like strawberry cheesecake, raspberry chocolate chunk or blueberry, etc. as long as it is sweet cream based. But fruity ice, granitas, sorbet, etc. I don't like. And popsicles. I do like fudge pops or banana based pops. idkkkkk

Ah yeah, I can understand that. I don't dislike ice-based sweet treats, but I do prefer them to be cream-based as well. I suppose fruit-flavored, cream-based treats would be middle-ranked for me as far as preference.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    edited August 2020
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There is no appeal to me for those over-the-top milkshakes that have all kinds of crap stacked on top of the milkshake. Like, on top of a milkshake, let's stack a doughnut, a cupcake, an ice cream sandwich, some Oreos, and cover it in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, caramel, etc. It just looks a mess, not appetizing at all. How do you even eat that? Just pick a dessert and go with it...you don't need ALL the desserts smashed together in a milkshake glass.

End rant about silly milkshakes.

I'd generalize that to silly bloody marys, among other stack'em'up bevs.

@AnnPT77 is this what you mean? They just forgot to wash their dishes so they stuck the dinner on a toothpick and put it on top of the glass instead.
    https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/9-of-the-most-ridiculous-bloody-marys-ever-created/
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member

Ah yeah, I can understand that. I don't dislike ice-based sweet treats, but I do prefer them to be cream-based as well. I suppose fruit-flavored, cream-based treats would be middle-ranked for me as far as preference.

Would you folks like this or consider it a waste of good wine?

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/blackberry-cabernet-sorbet/
  • pancakerunner
    I actually like the bottom of the nut butter jar where its hard and crumbly.
  • incognitomamii
    incognitomamii Posts: 3 Member
    Chocolate milk doesn’t taste that good
  • pancakerunner
    ojb1fqmma4ma.png
    would you pay $120 for a cheesecake?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    ojb1fqmma4ma.png

Is it made by gnomes riding unicorns in gold castles? And filled with the nectar of ancient Mayan fruits, preserved in the caves of the Andes Mountains for 400 years?

No?

Then, no.
  • pancakerunner
    ojb1fqmma4ma.png

Is it made by gnomes riding unicorns in gold castles? And filled with the nectar of ancient Mayan fruits, preserved in the caves of the Andes Mountains for 400 years?

No?

Then, no.

They could at least give free shipping lol
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I think Doritos smell like feet. Stinky feet.
  • RelCanonical
    lkpducky wrote: »

I’m not a big wine person either so I would pass either way lol.

Tangentially related, I love over cooked pizza. I like it when the cheese is brown and a little chewy.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There is no appeal to me for those over-the-top milkshakes that have all kinds of crap stacked on top of the milkshake. Like, on top of a milkshake, let's stack a doughnut, a cupcake, an ice cream sandwich, some Oreos, and cover it in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, caramel, etc. It just looks a mess, not appetizing at all. How do you even eat that? Just pick a dessert and go with it...you don't need ALL the desserts smashed together in a milkshake glass.

End rant about silly milkshakes.

I'd generalize that to silly bloody marys, among other stack'em'up bevs.

@AnnPT77 is this what you mean? They just forgot to wash their dishes so they stuck the dinner on a toothpick and put it on top of the glass instead.
    https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/9-of-the-most-ridiculous-bloody-marys-ever-created/

Exactly. Even the simple stuff at my local makes me eye-roll a little.

mdl5tvcgn756.jpg

Don't know why I care, because Bloody Marys aren't normally vegetarian anyway (Worcestershire), even without all the "decor".
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

Tangentially related, I love over cooked pizza. I like it when the cheese is brown and a little chewy.[/quote]

I like the crumbly part too, a lot! Burnt ends on pizza( if I had pizza anymore) too.

I like sweet potatoes over cooked in microwave so they get chewy, slightly burnt popcorn, some undercooked pancakes when its gooey in middle.

I do NOT like banana flavored anything- except when I ate taffy- even banana bread. I do like zucchini bread
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    I think Doritos smell like feet. Stinky feet.

They kind of do...😆
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Before I was vegan I loved salmon skin burned on grill.
  • pancakerunner

I’m not a big wine person either so I would pass either way lol.

Tangentially related, I love over cooked pizza. I like it when the cheese is brown and a little chewy.

this is how I feel about lasagna and enchiladas too. and scalloped potatoes
  • Cheese balls made with Velveeta. :s It made me gag and I still hate anything with Velveeta in it.
  • pancakerunner
    Cheese balls made with Velveeta. :s It made me gag and I still hate anything with Velveeta in it.

I like velveeta.... depending lol
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    I cannot STAND carrots! :s