Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,276 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I've only had two spontaneous remarks so far (down 44 lbs from a BMI of 34 to 27, since August of last year).

One person remarked that I looked good and asked if I had changed anything, indicating my face. Funny that she didn't consciously notice the weight loss, but a compliment nevertheless.

Then last week another person blurted out: "You've lost a lot of weight, no?!"
    Which was funny since I had seen her mid-June (only a few lbs difference) and she hadn't noticed anything then.
    "Did you lose the weight after the last time I saw you (June)?" Nope, lol.
    "Since Covid then?" Nope again, lol. Apparently it was my face (again) that made them notice the weight loss.

The funniest thing was how they focused on my food afterwards. Asking if I was 'allowed' a scoop of ice-cream with the fruit tart they were offering.
    But especially: "Are you not drinking alcohol because of your diet?" I've always been someone who drinks very little alcohol (usually one drink at the beginning of the evening is enough) and they've known me for at least 15 years!
    I've noticed this, too! This spring/summer, I mostly plateaued on the scale, but I've been getting more positive comments in the last couple of months. I think it was my face, too. :)
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    gcminton wrote: »
    Well, it finally happened. When asked how I lost weight, another woman interrupted to say that CICO is no good.

Apparently there’s a thing with estrogen being stored in fat that prohibits pre, peri, and post menopausal women from losing weight.

I feel like I need to pinch myself to see if it’s all real. Because, according to this otherwise lovely woman, it’s “impossible”. Maybe I’m a figment if my own imagination?

Absolutely bizarre. I guess my 110lbs lost so far is all imaginary, too. I mean I do swear I still see it in the mirror sometimes...

I have heard stuff about estrogen being stored in fat, but that was more along the lines of being mindful that it may/will be released into your bloodstream as you lose fat, affecting your moods. No idea if that's true, either, if I'm honest, but it at least sounds more plausible.

I'm not going to go into details (too personal), but I had experiences with how I felt during one stage of weight loss (for a couple of months) that lead me to suspect the estrogen release might be a thing. I'm post-menopausal, and it definitely hit me for a while there in ways like earlier-life estrogen levels felt.

This is interesting...I've noticed that I have more cystic acne (I'm well into my 30's) while losing weight. It so annoying!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!