The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• badgerfitness2005
    badgerfitness2005 Posts: 431 Member
    Hi Im Eddie 46 and looking for motivation. Feel free to add
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Happy Sunday all you fantastic people!!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Morning Middle-agers. :) Great to see new faces
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone. Feel free to add me. im 47 from Australia and looking to shed many Kgs (lbs) and my diabetes
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Sunday morning!!!! I totally slept in!!! Tell me what steak you like I'm off to buy some for dinner tonight
  • amreing
    amreing Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2020
    Since when is 30s middle-aged, lol?! I’m 55, by the way. Gotta shed this post-menopausal weight!
    Friend me if you share any of these common interests: love being outdoors, animals, baking, science, travel...

Oh yeah and favorite steak: Prime New York Strip! Yum.
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    amreing wrote: »
    Since when is 30s middle-aged, lol?! I’m 55, by the way. Gotta shed this post-menopausal weight!
    Friend me if you share any of these common interests: love being outdoors, animals, baking, science, travel...

Oh yeah and favorite steak: Prime New York Strip! Yum.

I too am struggling with post menopausal weight gain.. I'm a few years younger than you but had a hysterectomy and was plunged straight into the menopause. It's not been much fun.😖
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    A good day today finally lost another pound yippee, I guess slowly, slowly does it. Enjoy your Sunday!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Sunday morning!!!! I totally slept in!!! Tell me what steak you like I'm off to buy some for dinner tonight

Ribeye steak here. They taste great, but they are fatty. An occasional indulgence when I'm tired of eating tuna and chicken.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Really depends what you're looking for and how you want to prepare it.

It's hard to beat a rare to medium rare ribeye with minimal preparation. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let come to room temperature. Light the coals. For one steak, I light 17 to 23 coals depending on temperature and wind - I use a chimney starter. When the coals are right, cook on one side for about five minutes, turn once and cook another four or five minutes, then plate, add a little butter, cover with foil, and let sit ten minutes.

Ribeye is a tender cut; it's very marbled with fat.

NY Strip is from a similar part of the animal, but is less marbled. It does have a "strip" of fat on one side that you won't eat; that's fine. It adds flavor. It's also pretty tender and doesn't take much prep. It's a little lower on the calories because of the lower marbling.

Top Sirloin is a leaner choice. If you don't mind it being a little less tender. Also pretty darn good steak and lower calories.

If you choose leaner and leaner cuts, they can be a little tougher. Sirloin tip can benefit from a little marinade. Same with a cross-rib steak. They can also be quite tasty, but just a bit less tender.

Then there's the ever-popular T-bone. The big side is a ribeye, and the small side is a tenderloin. Mmmm.

I'm not a big fan of tenderloin on its own. Yes, it's really tender. It doesn't have as much flavor, though.

Good luck!

This is all newer to me. For about 30 years, I didn't eat animals. It was kind of funny when working in a restaurant to help pay for college, I got "promoted" to the grill. I was great with salads, sandwiches, pasta, and dessert. But the steaks and burgers kept coming back because they weren't cooked right. I had no clue. Now I have a clue.

I inherited a smoker a month or so ago, so I've been experimenting with that. It makes really tasty things.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hello everyone! Ribeye for me all the way. I'm 55 and am an ex fitness junky. I injured a foot and developed CRPS, so the most I can do now is walk. Luckily I love walking! I have some lbs to shed - felt sorry for myself, ate lots of chocolate, and stayed in bed for about a year. Fortunately, I recovered from my depression and now I'm up and moving and have fitness goals once again. :smiley:
  • shellbaby723
    shellbaby723 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I’m Michelle. I’m soon to be 48 and I’m attempting to lose 60+ pounds. I’m at 18 pounds down and I’m hopping to maintain. I got this app so that I could see what I was eating and hopefully it would help me loss then maintain.
  • AliNouveau
    I'm partial to a buttery filet mignon:)

Yes!!!! I love filets but today's are NY strip. I did a beef tenderloin last weekend strips this weekend
  • AliNouveau
    QuietBloom wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Ribeye for me all the way. I'm 55 and am an ex fitness junky. I injured a foot and developed CRPS, so the most I can do now is walk. Luckily I love walking! I have some lbs to shed - felt sorry for myself, ate lots of chocolate, and stayed in bed for about a year. Fortunately, I recovered from my depression and now I'm up and moving and have fitness goals once again. :smiley:

What's CRPS
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Greetings from California! 🇺🇸
  • smiles672
    smiles672 Posts: 76 Member
    Hello from PA, feel free to add!!
  • mvskoke_yekce3000
    mvskoke_yekce3000 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello! I used MFP for years. I left because of my health. I understand that terms evolve. I’m not offended by the OP caption. I’m 44 years of age and still have people think I’m in college and live on campus. The number of my age does not bother me. I do care to not look older than I am which I do not. 😊
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,888 Member
    Hi, my half century birthday is approaching and I need to get rid of my extra lockdown lumps. What's in store for me?
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Monday fabulous people!!