THE Low Calorie Recipe Thread of Awesomeness

happysquidmuffin
happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
Light Funfetti Cake Dip:
(lower sugar/fat/calories, high protein)

.5 cup/ 127.5 g nonfat plain Greek yogurt (75 cal)
.5 cup/ 113.5 g unsweetened coconut milk (20 cal)
2 scoops/ 32 g Designer Protein - Lite Vanilla Cupcake (120 cal)
.5 pckg/ 14 g Jell-o Sugar Free Cheesecake pudding mix (50 cal)
.5 tsp/ 3.5 g vanilla extract (6 cal)
.25 tsp/ 1.7 g cake batter flavor extract
1 tbsp/ 12.5 g rainbow sprinkles (60 cal)
1 tsp/ .5 g granulated sucralose

Combine the Greek yogurt, coconut milk, protein powder, and pudding mix and beat with whisk until smooth & thick. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Entire recipe: about 305 grams/ 331 calories.
Makes 18x 17g (one level tbsp) servings.
Per 17g/Tbsp:
18.4 calories
2.1 g carbs
.3 g fat
1.8 g protein
.8 g sugar
50 mg sodium

2 tbsp funfetti dip is perfect for 1 whole graham cracker sheet. 37 cal dip + 65 cal cracker = 102 calorie snack. Double that for a more satisfying snack/treat. Or just enjoy half the recipe at a time with a spoon. It’s high in protein!

The dip isn’t overly sweet, but if you’re accustomed to the taste of artificial sweeteners, it’s surprisingly tasty and very low calorie, compared to similar full calorie, more indulgent recipes.

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    g4ahr9apeonh.jpeg
  • happysquidmuffin
    Spoonable Chocolate Bean Fudge

10 deglet noor dates, pitted (200 cal)
    1 cup drained (about 170g) canned great northern beans (210 cal)
    5 tbsp cocoa powder (50 cal)
    6 tbsp PB Fit powdered peanut butter (210 cal)
    1 tsp vanilla extract (12 cal)
    1/4 cup white sugar (195 cal)
    1/4 cup granulated Stevia (zero cal)
    1/8 tsp salt

Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes & reserve the water. In food processor, combine beans & soaked dates & process until as smooth as possible. Add some of the date water as needed to get the mixture wet enough that the food processor will grind up the dates.
    Add remaining ingredients and process several minutes, until smooth.
    Yields 400g of thick, spoonable fudge. It won’t set because there is no added fat.
    Makes 16 x 25g (about a spoonful) servings.
    Per 25g:
    55 calories
    .5 g fat
    10.7 g carbs
    2.4 g protein
    95 mg sodium
    6.7 g sugar
    2 g fiber

01swyrzsulv1.jpeg

084fh2me4uk2.jpeg

I will be revising this recipe. I don’t believe the dates added anything meaningful (their intended purpose was volume + sweetness), and it was very difficult to get them to process completely smooth. I will be trying this recipe again without dates and adding chocolate protein powder in place of the stevia. Will try adding some real peanut butter too, to see if the fat helps it solidify like real fudge.
  • happysquidmuffin
    I can’t edit my posts using the app for some reason. But I wanted to add that this fudge tastes REALLY quite good! But not very much peanut butter flavor, so I couldn’t call it chocolate peanut butter fudge. The PB Fit still adds some dimension to the flavor, and absorbs liquid to help thicken the fudge.
  • happysquidmuffin
    Cabbage Shirataki “Ramen”

15 g/ 2 tbsp minced red onion (6 cal)
    10 g/ 2 tsp minced garlic (10 cal)
    2.5 tsp chopped fresh chives (2 cal)
    2 tsp Roasted Beef Better Than Bouillon (20 cal)
    2 tbsp nutritional yeast (40 cal)
    122 g/ 2 cups finely chopped cabbage (30 cal)
    1 package Nasoya Pasta Zero Spaghetti shirataki noodles (30 cal)
    2 tsp potato starch (22 cal)
    1.5 cups + 2 tbsp water, divided

Drain the Shirataki noodles & rinse well with hot water in a strainer. Run a knife across them a few times on a cutting board, so they’re not too long.

In a pot over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, garlic and chives in a small amount of water (2 tbsp) until softened and the water is almost gone. Add the boullion paste and nutritional yeast, stir well. It will quickly start to stick to the bottom of the pot. Add 1 cup water, stir & use spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
    Add the cabbage & Shirataki noodles & bring to a full simmer/ low boil. Stir the potato starch into 1/2 cup (cool) water. Pour into pot, stir well & bring back to a simmer. Turn heat down to med-low, simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
    Let sit until cool enough to eat, garnish with black pepper to taste. Enjoy!

Makes 2 servings, or you can eat the whole pot.
    Per 1/2 recipe:

80 calories
    16 g carbs
    .1 g fat
    5.2 g protein
    2.3 g sugar
    4.8 g fiber
    702 mg sodium

Compared to packaged ramen, this is no-brainer way healthier. Yes, it’s high in sodium, but it’s still less than ramen noodles, and satisfies in the same way for less than half the calories, is high in calcium and fiber, and actually has some protein and B-vitamins.
    You can make this vegan by using a different Better Than Bouillon base, like seasoned vegetable or roasted garlic.
    This is a versatile recipe. You can change up the herbs, the bouillon flavor, add other veggies, crack an egg into it, add tofu or meat, use less or no bouillon for lower sodium, etc.
    fajwd89bsx2i.jpeg
  • happysquidmuffin
    Best Beany Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

1 can great northern beans, drained & rinsed (340 cal)
    4 tbsp PB Fit (140 cal)
    3 tbsp dark brown sugar (135 cal)
    1 tbsp honey (60 cal)
    1 tbsp vanilla extract (36 cal)
    1/8 tsp artificial butter flavor
    1/8 (rounded) tsp salt
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp erythritol sweetener
    2 tsp granulated stevia sweetener
    2 tbsp cacao nibs (125 cal)
    1 tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips (70 cal)

Add the first 10 ingredients (everything but nibs & chocolate chips) to food processor & blend until smooth.
    Stir in the chocolate chips & cacao nibs. Chill, keep refrigerated.
    Yields about 10 servings, 40g each (about 2 tbsp)

Per 40g serving:
    90 calories
    14.2 g carbs (12 net?)
    2.3 g fiber
    6.9 g sugar
    4.2 g protein
    1.8 g fat
    190 mg sodium

Toddler approved! Mmm. It’s got just the right balance between fake sugar and real sugar, so that you can’t detect the fake sugar but it’s plenty sweet enough and gives you that cookie dough fix for way less calories! Hooray for white beans; they’re a versatile base for many recipes & full of fiber.
    sz38b41uy39n.jpeg
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing these wholesome, nutritious, enjoyable, AND low-calorie recipes.
    Please, please keep them coming!!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I agree. Keep it coming! Even though no one seems to be replying, we're all watching I'm sure. Lol. At least I am. I'm a "volume eater" for sure.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • thakurhimanshi815
    thakurhimanshi815 Posts: 10 Member
    When I was looking at the recipe image, my mouth was watering. It looks delicious. thank you for sharing
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Thank you for sharing these!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    For your frankencrepes you mention the weight in grams for the cauliflower. Is that a small, medium or large head of cauliflower? From the U.S.A. Sorry, but I do want to get this right. They look delicious and the pizza looks so good that I want to attempt it. Thanks for the recipes. Keep them coming.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Another question on the frankencrepes. In the ingredients you list "baking powder", but in the directions you say add "baking soda". Which is it or is it both? Please answer back ASAP, I want to make these this evening.
  • happysquidmuffin
    For your frankencrepes you mention the weight in grams for the cauliflower. Is that a small, medium or large head of cauliflower? From the U.S.A. Sorry, but I do want to get this right. They look delicious and the pizza looks so good that I want to attempt it. Thanks for the recipes. Keep them coming.
    I highly recommend getting a food scale ;) I’m in the USA too 🇺🇸
    I used roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of a medium-sized head of cauliflower, I think. It was a lot of cauliflower; I had to process it in two batches in my food processor. You could probably get away with an entire small-ish head?
    And it is definitely Baking Powder. Sorry for my mistake in the directions.
    I hope these turn out great for you! Let us know how it goes. If your batter seems too thick, due to too much cauliflower, just add a few more Tbsp of egg whites or a little water and it should be fine. If it ends up too runny, like thinner than pancake batter, just add more flour.
  • happysquidmuffin
    Low-Cal Sour Cream & Chives Salad Dressing
    3 tbsp/ 45g light sour cream (60 cal)
    2 1/4 tsp (6g) ranch salad dressing mix (15 cal)
    3+ stalks fresh chives, snipped/chopped (or dried chives, to taste)

This is my 105 calorie salad:
    6epaqpbbsxcj.jpeg

Iceberg lettuce, white mushrooms, green bell pepper, Roma tomato, green onion, and the above dressing. Way better than low-fat ranch (nasty!). Homemade, simple, satisfying.

Another dressing hack: Want a light dressing for taco salad? Forget the store bought salsa ranch with a million ingredients. Simply top your salad with 3-4 tbsp light or regular sour cream, plus as much salsa as you like. (I probably use a 1-1 ratio.) Add some sriracha or Tabasco or other hot sauce if you like. (Extra Taco Bell packets come in handy!) Add a splash of lime juice. Yum!
  • happysquidmuffin
    Vegan Scrambled Breakfast Burritos
    For volume eaters!

72.6 g /7-8 small white mushrooms, sliced (16cal)
    25 g /1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (5 cal)
    19 g /a big handful fresh spinach (4 cal)
    61 g extra firm tofu, hand-crumbled (100 cal)
    5 g /5 sprays olive oil cooking spray (10 cal)
    9 g /1 small stalk chopped green onion (3 cal)
    4 tbsp chunky medium salsa (20 cal)

Seasonings: fresh chives, salt, pepper, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, parsely, oregano to taste (2 cal)

Add cooking spray to pan over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms & bell pepper until mostly cooked, then add the tofu & spinach & cook until spinach wilts. Season as you go, to taste. Add green onion & salsa (& fresh chives if using) at the end. The salsa will help deglaze the pan if anything starts to stick. No more than about 4-5 mins total cook time.
    Makes enough filling for 2 generously filled burritos.
    I had this for breakfast with 2x 90-cal taco sized tortillas, for a total of 340 calories. It was very filling and satisfying.

Per recipe (filling only):
    160 calories
    16.9 g carbs
    7.1 g fat
    14.8 g protein
    7.8 g sugar
    6 g fiber
    560? mg sodium

h8ikq9m0wyqe.jpeg
    t9dy1vfphgdw.jpeg