• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2020
    beastier wrote: »
    Did online intervals at lunchtime then biceps thus evening:

Barbell curls
    Decline outwards dumbell curls
    Incline bench dumbell spider curls
    TRX triset - alternating cross body curls (upper/middle/lower)
    Supaset: bent over hammer grip dumbell curls/bent over hammer grip resistance band curls
    Supaset: close grip barbell curl/close grip resistance band curl
    Supaset: benched bent over kneeling dumbell curls/high anchored resistance band curl x6nihswzvqi9.jpeg

Ahem...wrong thread, sir 😍 lol

Haven't posted here in so long but you all are always so inspiring
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    40 minutes of cardio today. Just a bit harder than yesterday but still pretty light stuff.

Got my new Plank Board in. It's called "Stealth". It's a plank board with a phone app that you put on your phone and play games as you plank. I learned I can't hold a plank for 3 solid minutes real quick! 90 seconds or so is my limit right now. The wife thought it was fun too, so an added bonus.

I am terrified to ask what light cardio is of you 👀
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    beastier wrote: »
    Did online intervals at lunchtime then biceps thus evening:

Barbell curls
    Decline outwards dumbell curls
    Incline bench dumbell spider curls
    TRX triset - alternating cross body curls (upper/middle/lower)
    Supaset: bent over hammer grip dumbell curls/bent over hammer grip resistance band curls
    Supaset: close grip barbell curl/close grip resistance band curl
    Supaset: benched bent over kneeling dumbell curls/high anchored resistance band curl x6nihswzvqi9.jpeg

Ahem...wrong thread, sir 😍 lol

Haven't posted here in so long but you all are always so inspiring

:-) thank you
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    40 minutes of cardio today. Just a bit harder than yesterday but still pretty light stuff.

Got my new Plank Board in. It's called "Stealth". It's a plank board with a phone app that you put on your phone and play games as you plank. I learned I can't hold a plank for 3 solid minutes real quick! 90 seconds or so is my limit right now. The wife thought it was fun too, so an added bonus.

I am terrified to ask what light cardio is of you 👀

LOL, it was light, I promise! 55% to 60% of max HR. Easy enough that I was flipping through Spotify if I didn't like songs and playing selected ones I liked. When it's hard, my wife says she hears me making "sounds that make me wonder if you're OK"...

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Last day of strength phase, thank goodness! On to 4 weeks of hypertrophy!
  • MikePfirrman
    One hour of easier cardio today (my normal Sunday -- 60 to 65% or so of max HR). Maybe a bit lighter than normal but back feels fine after. Did an hour of splashing around in the pool after as well. Working on 200 pushups today as well. Just 25 at a time.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was ill on Wednesday and Thursday, so was fairly sedentary. (I somehow managed 12,000 steps on Wednesday, without leaving the house and felling rubbish.)

I recovered on Friday, so I walked 6 miles and then had a bit of a climb.

Yesterday, all I did was a 7 mile walk.

Today, I did an hour of yoga. Then I went for an afternoon climb for 2 hours. I got loads of hard routes - it was really good fun.

I am off for a walk this evening to go end the evening.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I swim for over an hour four days a week
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Four days ago I got an elliptical trainer machine. I've worked out every day since, 20min, 31min, 33min, 40min. At low levels of resistance.

Y'all may find this singularly unimpressive, but I've been extremely sedentary during lockdown, gotten completely deconditioned, and started this workout plan at 299lbs. So it's a lot of hard sweaty work for me, and I'm proud that I'm sticking with working out every day. I have a medically complicated child and live in a covid hotspot, so most days I don't leave the house at all :/ This way at least I'm moving again!
  • MikePfirrman
    Four days ago I got an elliptical trainer machine. I've worked out every day since, 20min, 31min, 33min, 40min. At low levels of resistance.

Y'all may find this singularly unimpressive, but I've been extremely sedentary during lockdown, gotten completely deconditioned, and started this workout plan at 299lbs. So it's a lot of hard sweaty work for me, and I'm proud that I'm sticking with working out every day. I have a medically complicated child and live in a covid hotspot, so most days I don't leave the house at all :/ This way at least I'm moving again!

Most of us have been big before. I was around 255 when I started. So any consistency is very impressive. The first workout takes a lot of courage too. To keep it up, even better. Great work!

Did 52 minutes today, moderately easy stuff again. Going to have to go out and clean up a bit outside after work. We got a nasty hail storm last night. Thought we came out unscathed but one of my concrete roof tiles is laying on the roof of the patio, so we got some storm damage. That sucks, going to have to find a roofing company to fix it.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Anytime you are moving you are one step ahead of the couch potato💪

Today I did 2 thirty minute hitt workouts one with weights and one body weight and burned around 525 calories
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member

kvp8qyzaa8wp.jpeg
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yesterday
    1 hour yoga before breakfast.
    Hangboarding in the evening, followed by finger curls, followed by weighted core gubbins. It was around 2 hours in total - my finger strength was pretty good.

Today
    I got a decent, 70 minute walk in over my lunch - ahem - "hour". It rained heavily for a bit, so the park was nearly empty.
    I am off climbing this evening, I assume for 90 minutes. (One needs to pre-book, and that's the maximum slot length).
  • MikePfirrman
    edited August 2020
    Great work all. Really inspiring.

Hard, short interval day. Same workout that hurt my back (again) last week. We'll see if the chiropractor is mad at me again after tomorrow. :D Did 16 short intervals. 1 minute slow, 1 minute intermediate, one minute hard -- repeat 16 times -- then around an 8 minute C/D and some pushups after. Been doing the plank board nightly to try to strengthen the core to avoid back injuries.

Really nice Watt average @amorfati601070 Strong rider!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yesterday was:
    1 mile run with my pup followed by squats (warm up and work sets, following Wendler's 5/3/1); 3x10 squats with 65 lbs and a band over my knees; dumbell rows 3x10 at 25 lbs; bulgarian split squats (I only did two sets of ten because I have a hip issue that was acting up); Yoga; inversions.

Today is bench day, so I'll follow my 5/3/1 program; and do 3x10 bench at 45, 3x10 at 45 incline bench, run 1 mile, pendlay rows, single arm pulls using bands, hip abduction using bands, and probably high step ups cuz every day is bum day.

• jmaddensgirl
    jmaddensgirl Posts: 3 Member
    #mbf Day 6 was a doozy!!!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Sydney cummings 40 minute legs and ab workout it was fun but tough for me 😎 it was all I could squeeze in today 😮
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Still doing the easy machine row 6 days, this week alternating a day around 4.5k with a day around 5.6k, mostly Z3/UT2 (so under 70% heart rate reserve), usually around 18-19spm, pace between 2:35 and 2:40, thinking technique and meters per stroke. Today, about 40 minutes messing with dumbbells, which is normal on the shorter-row days. At least it's something. 🤷‍♀️

I got challenged into a "25 push-ups for 25 days" thing via Facebook, which annoys me quite a lot in various ways, but I'm doing the push-ups anyway, best way I can (one shoulder doesn't appreciate as of now; we'll see if it gets better or worse as the days roll on 🙄 - it's only day 2).
  • MikePfirrman
    edited August 2020
    Did 50 minutes of light cardio yesterday. All pretty easy stuff. I'm working hard on the days after my interval work to really watch intensity. I did a hard interval session Tuesday, so yesterday was light. Today will be moderately easy, then harder again tomorrow.

Still planking every night to build up my core some more. Back is feeling much better. Not 100%, but it's getting there. Not rowing still as I don't want to push the back and it's HOT still. We have not had a day under 100 yet in August. By far, the hottest August ever in Tucson. Not even close. Global warming is real.