Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Face mask or no face mask?

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I don't believe the numbers. We are being lied to. The CDC and the WHO are master manipulators. Even Dr. Fauci himself was seen not wearing his mask, nor social distancing. Yet, people hang on to his every word. You are being programed, if you believe anything the puppet masters say. Unplug yourself.
    I don't believe the numbers. We are being lied to. The CDC and the WHO are master manipulators. Even Dr. Fauci himself was seen not wearing his mask, nor social distancing. Yet, people hang on to his every word. You are being programed, if you believe anything the puppet masters say. Unplug yourself.

So what do you consider to be an accurate source of information on COVID-19, the current impact on the US, and how to reduce risk?

Or are we in a "reality is unknowable" situation?

Absolutely unknown.
  • cgvet37
    heybales wrote: »
    Have you taken the time and energy to go look up local newspapers - as small as you care to get, in these cities and towns that are having increases and deaths?
    Read the personal stories of families effected, sometimes they just give a paragraph per death. I know that you won't be able to find all of them to add up to the numbers we hear in total, but you can get a clue there are deaths and cases at the rates being discussed. The pictures of the mass burials of those without family members retrieving their relatives.
    Or you think that even the smalltown paper is playing along in this masquerade?

Where are you seeing Dr Fauci in public group close without a mask? Dated picture of course.
    Like many the mask comes off in front of the mic when it's time to talk, but not seen him next to someone close - unless you are unaware of camera angles and focus and distance and how that can fool the brain.

Like hospitals being paid to count every death as Covid related? Or footage from Italy being used by the Media in a false manner? Or scewed test data? Shall I keep going? Are you that gaulable?

6 friends that work in 3 different hospitals around here, ER, staff nurses, office paperwork.
    All have confirmed that not all deaths are tagged as Covid. Already came up because of exaggerated claims.

So all test data is screwed and all news is lies? Apparently not as gullible as you.
    And while I do believe groups will play something up to get more fed money (bigger the scare bigger the help needed) - we are well beyond that.

Some hospitals have done so. Hospitals in Florida were busted scewing numbers. So how can you believe numbers with so much false data? You can't.
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2020
    Have you taken the time and energy to go look up local newspapers - as small as you care to get, in these cities and towns that are having increases and deaths?
    Read the personal stories of families effected, sometimes they just give a paragraph per death. I know that you won't be able to find all of them to add up to the numbers we hear in total, but you can get a clue there are deaths and cases at the rates being discussed. The pictures of the mass burials of those without family members retrieving their relatives.

Where are you seeing Dr Fauci in public group close without a mask? Dated picture of course.
    Like many the mask comes off in front of the mic when it's time to talk, but not seen him next to someone close - unless you are unaware of camera angles and focus and distance and how that can fool the brain.

Like hospitals being paid to count every death as Covid related? Or footage from Italy being used by the Media in a false manner? Or scewed test data? Shall I keep going? Are you that gaulable?

6 friends that work in 3 different hospitals around here, ER, staff nurses, office paperwork.
    All have confirmed that not all deaths are tagged as Covid. Already came up because of exaggerated claims.

So all test data is screwed and all news is lies? Apparently not as gullible as you.
    And while I do believe groups will play something up to get more fed money (bigger the scare bigger the help needed) - we are well beyond that.

Some hospitals have done so. Hospitals in Florida were busted scewing numbers. So how can you believe numbers with so much false data? You can't.

Can you please cite a source that proves hospitals in Florida were busted skewing numbers? (ETA: I found these articles, but they are relatively old, so I don't know about anything recent)

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/05/20/trust-index-are-hospitals-inflating-covid-19-death-count/
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Like hospitals being paid to count every death as Covid related? Or footage from Italy being used by the Media in a false manner? Or scewed test data? Shall I keep going? Are you that gullible?

There was a member here from Italy back when the going got truly bad there, she kept warning the U.S. how bad it would/could be. Who was that and where is she? That was a source right from where it was happening, with nothing to gain personally. :(
    As far as exact numbers? I think there is too much room for error to be considered exact, but I feel the numbers are definitely close enough to bother me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Like hospitals being paid to count every death as Covid related? Or footage from Italy being used by the Media in a false manner? Or scewed test data? Shall I keep going? Are you that gullible?

There was a member here from Italy back when the going got truly bad there, she kept warning the U.S. how bad it would/could be. Who was that and where is she? That was a source right from where it was happening, with nothing to gain personally. :(
    As far as exact numbers? I think there is too much room for error to be considered exact, but I feel the numbers are definitely close enough to bother me.

@snowflake954 , I think. IIRC, she and her family live in Rome.
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    To @cgvet37 And others who took the baton and are running with it, I agree, brother.

Paridae man out, back to lurking.
  • cgvet37
    Hollis100 wrote: »

There are many reasons why I disagree with this comment. Aside from any facts I could look up and reference, here's the biggest reason why I don't believe in conspiracy theories: human nature.

We can't even cooperate with our allies and business partners over trade deals and other ordinary things. We disagree with each other over everything, from politics to religion to recycling. Human beings are a mess.

Yet, a whole bunch of large organizations are supposed to be working together in some shadowy plot to lie to us and program us -- for freaking what reason? People have never been able to organize worldwide over anything for long.

I wholeheartedly believe people swallow conspiracy theories because:
    (1) it's easier than facing reality, which is not only scary, but shows humans have no control over a lot of things
    (2) you can bond with others who believe in the same conspiracies and feel you're "right" and "know the truth"

Why has any nation wanted to rule the World? Why have people like Hitler existed? Power and control. If you think this virus is any different, you are blind. This virus was no mistake, it was man made in China. It has been used to spread fear. Is it real, yes. So is the Flu. Lets shut the Country down every Flu season.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    I used to help take care of my grandparents so I always kept a few in my car. That way if I was feeling any the bit under or if I had recently been around a sick person I had it ready. I feel like it should be that way. Just the sick peoples should have to wear them. I think that is why it has not been such a big deal in Japan, since this was already the way of doing things there.
    All of these cloth masks do literally nothing to protect anyone anyways. If I am going out to an enclosed space with others I do wear an n95 mask. I do not wear one when I am with people I trust to be honest about their health or outside.
    I did try to wear one in a hot yoga class and that was a joke. First downward dog I almost drowned!
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited August 2020
    ythannah wrote: »
    saintor1 wrote: »

Infectious diseases are common.

WHO mentions 17 millions of person in a year (a while ago).
    https://www.who.int/whr/1996/media_centre/press_release/en/

That 17 million appears, on a quick read, to be a cumulative total of ALL illnesses. Including mad cow disease. Not sure that's still a big threat these days, possibly in some parts of the world.

No, not all illnesses only infectious ones. Did you open the link? First line;

Infectious diseases kill over 17 million people a year:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

Infectious diseases are common.

WHO mentions 17 millions of person in a year (a while ago).
    https://www.who.int/whr/1996/media_centre/press_release/en/

That 17 million appears, on a quick read, to be a cumulative total of ALL illnesses. Including mad cow disease. Not sure that's still a big threat these days, possibly in some parts of the world.

No, not all illnesses only infectious ones. Did you open the link? First line;

Infectious diseases kill over 17 million people a year:

Sorry, I misspoke, infectious diseases. Skimmed a fair bit of the article but replied later... short term memory isn't what it used to be.

Point remains that it's a cumulative total of many, many infectious diseases (there's mention of "30 new ones" I think, but not of how many are actually included in the 17 million deaths, presumably considerably more than 30) and not just one single one.
This discussion has been closed.