how do i maintain my weight?

I completed my weight loss journey from 145 to 94 pounds. I am currently 5’0. I’m not sure how many calories i should be eating a day to maintain 94 pounds? I currently eat around 1200 or less a day

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    You can set your goal on mfp to maintain weight, and adjust if you notice you are losing more weight, or gaining to much weight.

The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 calories a day. Please don't eat less.

At 94 lbs you are a little underweight.
  • thearianadiaz
    thearianadiaz Posts: 9 Member
    thank you! it says to eat around 1500 calories a day to maintain my weight, does it matter where the calories come from? can i eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my caloric limit?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,950 Member
    thank you! it says to eat around 1500 calories a day to maintain my weight, does it matter where the calories come from? can i eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my caloric limit?

For weight management, it doesn't matter where the calories come from.

For best odds of long-term good health, it would make sense to allocate whatever part of the 1500 is necessary, to getting sensible minimums of protein and healthy fats, plus eating plenty of varied, colorful fruits and veggies for micronutrients and fiber. Once the nutritional bases are covered, other things can fit in, including calorie-dense but low-nutrition choices you might enjoy (if there are any), or even alcohol in moderation.

If you'd like a little more detailed discussion of finding your maintenance calorie level, and transitioning to that level, there's a thread about that here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638211/how-to-find-your-maintenance-calorie-level/p1

Congratulations on achieving goal weight, and best wishes for permanent, satisfying weight maintenance!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    The stickies at the top of the page are the best place to start:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300324/most-helpful-posts-goal-maintaining-weight-must-reads#latest

Good luck! And welcome to Maintenance!