What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Cereal should NEVER be soggy. Any cereal becomes instantly disgusting as soon as it crosses the line from crunchy to soggy. That's why I either have to eat my cereal dry or really, really fast. Leads to stuff like this:

Hubby: Can you help me for a minute?
    Me: I JUST POURED MILK ON MY CEREAL!
    Hubby: But, I'm bleeding, and...
    Me: Oh, for God's sake...(throws out cereal)

gosh...I hope this situation doesn't happen too often in your house...all that wasted cereal!!!oh...and your poor, bleeding wife too🤣🤣🤣
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Cereal should NEVER be soggy. Any cereal becomes instantly disgusting as soon as it crosses the line from crunchy to soggy. That's why I either have to eat my cereal dry or really, really fast. Leads to stuff like this:

gosh...I hope this situation doesn't happen too often in your house...all that wasted cereal!!!oh...and your poor, bleeding wife too🤣🤣🤣

Ha, he's pretty accident prone, but to be fair, the bleeding situation/cereal chucking only happened once. But, he always seems to need SOMETHING as soon as I pour the milk...usually I just tell him he's gotta wait.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Ha, he's pretty accident prone, but to be fair, the bleeding situation/cereal chucking only happened once. But, he always seems to need SOMETHING as soon as I pour the milk...usually I just tell him he's gotta wait.

...I meant your 'poor bleeding hubby'...
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    Corn on pizza is pretty damn good... (Specifically white pizza.) And I hate chocolate ice cream.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I am the opposite!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member

Cheerios (only original) are the only cereal that I eat and the only way I eat them is dry (like popcorn).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

I kinda have to have my cereal soggy these days or let it be a kind that melts in your mouth (dental issues) :)

Your milk/cereal/hubby problem reminds me of a commercial for....chocolate?:

Kid: Mom, I fell!
    Mom: (thoroughly having some "me" time) Get a bandaid!
    Kid: I'm bleeding!
    Mom: (pause) Get two!
  • PAPYRUS3
    ccrdragon wrote: »

Cheerios (only original) are the only cereal that I eat and the only way I eat them is dry (like popcorn).

While I don't buy boxed cereals now - I too would most likely just eat as they are...or a topping on yogurt, etc.,
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I think sriracha sauce is overrated and not good
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

SAME! I really dislike it.
  • deepsea117
    deepsea117 Posts: 30 Member
    I think seafood like fish, squid, clams are overrated, smells and tastes TERRIBLE.

If you look at seafood on a menu and instead of numbers for a price, it has the letters "S.P."... then it's EXTREMELY overrated. 😊
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I like it on foods when it fits the flavor profile (like some Asian noodle dishes), but I can't understand why people want to put it on EVERYTHING. It has a very strong flavor, it's not just heat.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member

I might feel differently if there weren't any added sugars to so many of the brands I've found.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member

I like it on foods when it fits the flavor profile (like some Asian noodle dishes), but I can't understand why people want to put it on EVERYTHING. It has a very strong flavor, it's not just heat.

Yeah, agreed.
    mytyglotz wrote: »

I might feel differently if there weren't any added sugars to so many of the brands I've found.

There's less than 2 g of sugar in a tablespoon of sriracha (at least the kind I have), and it's not all added sugar. I can't imagine worrying about that in the context of an overall meal, but, yeah, sriracha has sugar in it, that's how it's made, even if you make it yourself at home.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited August 2020

Sriracha has some sweetness, it's part of the inherent flavor profile. I get that people may prefer an unsweetened hot sauce, but a sriracha without sugar isn't sriracha.

(I know, I know, I'm gatekeeping hot sauce. I get it's silly, but it's still true).
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Yeah, agreed.

There's less than 2 g of sugar in a tablespoon of sriracha (at least the kind I have), and it's not all added sugar. I can't imagine worrying about that in the context of an overall meal, but, yeah, sriracha has sugar in it, that's how it's made, even if you make it yourself at home.

I like a nice balance, and it's one of the things I strive for in my own cooking/baking efforts. A touch of acid (lemon, lime, vinegar, wine), a bit of spice, and a bit of sweet is, for me, a good collection of tastes to aim for. When I toss a salad dressing together, it's usually some kind of mustard vinagrette.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    What is everyone's opinion on best pizza chain??

Pizza Pizza. Because 1) price 2) they were the first to offer whole wheat crust option on all sizes 3) first plant-based pizza 4) consistent preparation/quality.

Worst would have to be Little Caesar's. We have two locations here and neither can produce a pizza that isn't nasty.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I am not fond of the "movie theatre popcorn" smell. (I think it's the butter. I get the same queasy feeling when Mom makes herself buttered toast.)