5'7 ladies what are your goal weights!

2»

Replies

• ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    155. I'm maintaining here, feeling satisfied and able to eat to fuel my steps per day. I've tried lower weights and eventually gain back. Now I'm keeping healthy and working with the body I've got to naturally. I like to log calories and excersize, gives me confidence and more understanding of my energy needs; what foods work best for my needs.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Well.... I feel like my goal of 160 is not enough when I see all of these goals of 130-140.... How are you all doing towards your goal? I did great 2 years ago for my daughters wedding and once that was over, I went NUTS!! Trying to stay on track now for myself:)

@bigdaddyrio Your goal of 160 is perfect. Height is only one measurement to gauge what the right weight is for you. You have to consider age, births, heredity, bone structure--these all play into what weight is most healthy for you. I'm 5' 7", but also 58 y.o., two births, medium bone structure... Have I ever weighed 130-140? Yes, in my very early 30's when I was busy chasing 2 kids and buying into the waif-look is healthy myth of that era. Now I am working my way to a toned 160, hoping to get there and maintain a healthy muscle blend. There is not one magic number that is realistic for all of us. You do you and feel healthy! Wishing you all the best!
  • JadeAmberD
    JadeAmberD Posts: 9 Member
    150-160 for now. Last time I was those weights I thought I was heavy-- but I thought I was heavy at 135 and look... wrong? in those pictures. I wanna see what I look like at the weights I held the longest before deciding if lower is right for me.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    I’m 5ft 7. Currently 164lb and goal is 140lb. My BMI is 25.8 so I want to get well into the normal range as I enjoy running and feel too heavy to do it comfortably at the moment. I’m not very muscly so BMI is probably fairly accurate for me.
  • burgerqueen20
    burgerqueen20 Posts: 7 Member
    5ft 8 and 150 with muscle is my goal!
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Currently 173, 1st goal is 154. I will hopefully maintain for a little while at that weight and see how I feel.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Well.... I feel like my goal of 160 is not enough when I see all of these goals of 130-140.... How are you all doing towards your goal? I did great 2 years ago for my daughters wedding and once that was over, I went NUTS!! Trying to stay on track now for myself:)

I was 165 for most of my adult life, and thought I looked GREAT.
    Then I found out that 160 is overweight for 5'7".
    My current goal is 150. I am able to maintain that easily.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm about 5'7 1/2. I want to get down to 150-155 range. I'm muscular, curvy and I have a large frame and there is no way I could get down below 140. I'd look awful and unhealthy. Also, I'm almost 50 and I like wine and cheese too much.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ponycyndi wrote: »

I was 165 for most of my adult life, and thought I looked GREAT.
    Then I found out that 160 is overweight for 5'7".
    My current goal is 150. I am able to maintain that easily.

159ish is the upper limit of "Healthy" for BMI at this height. BMI is notoriously less than clinically helpful for populations who are not males of Caucasian origin.

So if you're 160, I wouldn't necessarily stress based on that metric alone. Instead I'd check in with my healthcare team about what my weight loss goals should look like for me. Speaking of which...
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    My first big goal is to get to 200 - it's going to take quite a while to get there. I think I'd like my final weight range to be somewhere near 170ish? I won't know for sure until I get closer to that weight to know what I feel comfortable with.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2020
    I bookmarked this thread a while ago and thought I posted. It has been interesting reading everyone's goals!

As someone who is also 5'7", I don't have a solid weight target per se. All I want out of life is to have a body fat percentage between 21% and 24%. I'm ~4% off the upper range as of now and don't expect to hit goal before next Spring.
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    I'm 5'6-ish and would love to be around 145 lbs with a good amount of lean muscle on my frame.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,910 Member
    65 kilos 😊
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    150 lbs. to start with!
  • Dayannahernandez30
    Dayannahernandez30 Posts: 30 Member
    5 feet and I want 140 my weight now it’s 156
  • Nikonana
    Nikonana Posts: 13 Member
    I am 5"5" and currently weight 255 lbs. My goal for right now would be 200, and then I'll see how I feel. Ideally, I would like 165 lbs. I am almost 71, in a mobile chair most of the time because of osteoarthritis in both knees. This precludes intense exercise, so I'm not fooling myself.
  • persimmonfig
    persimmonfig Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm 5'7" and currently fluctuating between 161-164, down from 167.5 (and several inches down in body measurements) from a couple of months ago. I'm 31. Aiming for about 145, but honestly I'll be very happy if I can hit and maintain the mid-150s. More on why below!

167.5 was my highest recorded weight--I started in the mid 140s in early 2018, then rapidly gained to the upper 150s after dealing with a very stressful life event and severe depression. The last ten pounds of my weight gain were mostly as I finished my PhD in the last year or so.
    I found it pretty easy to maintain a weight under 150 while exercising only very moderately just a couple years ago, when I was 29 (so my weight gain was not due to some great mysterious slowdown in my metabolism due to aging!). I didn't have a whole lot of muscle, and my only exercise was walking a mile or so to work, hikes with my partner, and some occasional heavier cardio.

I went from being completely sedentary earlier this year to keeping a five-day-a-week exercise schedule, which I've maintained since the beginning of this May, upping duration and intensity as I adapted to higher activity levels. One of the things I started doing then was weight training. Another is bodyweight exercises (including as cardio/HIIT). Because of both of those things, I think I've gained a good amount of muscle, possibly more than I've ever had before. I think I still have a pretty high body fat percentage, but the measurements and photos don't lie--even without an astronomical weight loss, I've still lost a significant amount of fat. I've been tracking food for the past six weeks and losing slowly, but continuing to lower my measurements.

There's still a part of me that is nostalgic for my two-years-ago body, so I don't think I'll completely give up on the idea of aiming for 145. But if I keep gaining strength and endurance and find that it's hard to drop the last 5-10 pounds without starving myself, I'll be pretty happy staying there as long as I can and enjoying my new muscles!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    I'm 5'7 and would like to get back to 175ish. On me, that's a good weight. I have a medium frame and a lot of muscle from lifting. I also have loose skin - my highest weight was around 350 lbs full term pregnant with twins.

At 175 I was wearing US size 4 top and 6 - 8 bottom (classic pear shape, nothing changed that!) But after losing 160+ lbs and maintaining it for a few years, the weight did creep back on. Currently 250ish.

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Shooting for 150 for sure. Anyone is more than welcome to add me as a friend. Please send a message with the request. I’ve been on here since 2009, had a good run the first 6 years. Then divorce happened (yay. For real), I stopped counting, I stopped running. Here I am trying again and practically starting over. Been doing intermittent fasting.