Healthy chicken meals

jesskendrick123
jesskendrick123 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2020 in Recipes
I need some healthy chicken meal ideas please

Replies

• jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Chicken is probably one of the most versatile proteins you can buy.

Soups, pan fried or roasted veggies, curries, rice bowls, pasta, the list goes on. All can be made healthy, no fuss.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    https://tasty.co/recipe/hainanese-chicken-rice
    Traditionally served with cucumber salad.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sounds SO good but too many ingredients I would need to buy.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Oven barbeque-Take the skin off of some chicken parts, back with salt, garlic and pepper for about 35 minutes in a 375 oven. Drain the fat after about a half hour. Flip over, and top with barbeque sauce for about another 10-15 minutes, depending on chicken parts, when the juices run clear. Serve with corn and coleslaw?

For boneless breasts or thighs-- Spray with vegetable oil on both sides. Mix salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan and a bit of Italian bread crumbs and roll the chicken in that. (I sometimes just sprinkle this mixture on one side.) Place on the dull side of foil in the oven, flip after about 15 minutes. It gets crunchier if you spray a little more oil on it on after flipping it, or putting it under the broiler.

Ground chicken- Brown with onions, garlic and salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook a cup of quinoa in a chicken bouillon flavored water. Add to pan of browned chicken, together with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes and peppers. Simmer to blend flavors. I stuffed this into a flour tortilla for my husband, who ate it with cheese and sour cream. I used a measured amount of corn chips and just ate this filling. It's good to have that crunch.
  • missylinny
    missylinny Posts: 3 Member
    how do you figure the calories for the meals
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Salsa Chicken= chicken breast in crockpot top with salsa and cook all day serve it as tacos, ocer rice, over sald endless possibilities. Sugar Free Hughes Bbq sauce over plain crockpot chicken. Chicken and cheese low carb or lettace wrap, homemade chicken soup with or without noodles, bbq chicken pizza, chicken salad, keto chicken strips
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    @acpgee , I love this recipe. My sauce # fermentd soybean paste, #ginger # garlic #hot chilies # lime juice # sugar.🍗🥢🌶