Thinking

I am wondering if I'm the only one that thinks about food all day ? I eat and then say to myself in a couple hours I can have a snack ect .

Replies

• autumn_e712
    autumn_e712 Posts: 2 Member
    Not at all; I do the same thing.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Yep. First and last thought of the day.
    Hubby is not helpful when 90% of his questions are ‘what’s for lunch/dinner’ 🙄
    Maybe I am the only person in this household that knows where the supermarket is...
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I grew up in a foodie household, almost any conversation with my mom will at some point include food... I thought that was my “why” for always thinking about my next snack/meal! :lol: But you’re definitely not alone!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I think about it often - unless I'm busy with other things.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    I recently started intermittent fasting and hardly ever think about food. I try to see how long I can go without eating. It’s like a race against myself. I dropped 1 pound in the first 6 fasts. It may not seem like much but it has inspired me to keep going. There’s an app for it and it works like social media in a way.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I’m in!
    I find staying busy works for me.
    I find the hardest part of the day is the after dinner before bed relaxing part of the day. We typically take the dogs for a walk after dinner, then watch tv for an hour or two. That tv time just screams “I need a snack!”. Strategies I use:
    Water - drink a glass of water or two first. Often that hunger is really thirst.
    Defer - wait as long as possible
    Portion - just take a handful rather than a bowl of whatever it is.
    Healthy - reach for a piece of fruit or cut up veggies before peanuts before chips

Take care