August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    @katharmonic so sorry life is treating you like a punching bag! You have been burning the candle at both ends for a while. Think it's time to hit pause and rest for a while. It will do your body and mind some good. Hope you feel better soon!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @katharmonic so sorry life is treating you like a punching bag! You have been burning the candle at both ends for a while. Think it's time to hit pause and rest for a while. It will do your body and mind some good. Hope you feel better soon!

I agree. Sounds like you are burnt out. Find a way to back off and breathe, IMO.
    Sorry for the unloading. I think I could use a good run. I'm meeting a friend tomorrow morning who is an excellent running buddy and excellent listener so that should be a nice way to de-stress a little.

Running with this friend does sound like a good idea though.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    August Goal: 55 miles

8/1 3.00
    8/2 off
    8/3 4.00
    8/4 off
    8/5 3.00
    8/6 off
    8/7 4.00
    8/8 off
    8/9 2.50
    8/10 snorkel 2 hours
    8/11 3.75
    8/12 off
    8/13 3.00
    8/14 off
    8/15 3.56
    8/16 off
    8/17 4.00
    8/18 2.75
    8/19 off
    8/20 3.20

Total 36.76

@hamsterwheel6 I'm so sorry at the loss of your cousin....

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

Big Island Challenge (virtually run 110 miles from Hilo to Kona by 9/27)

uxSIKHu.jpguxSIm10.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    The very last race of 2020 for me just canceled. So this is the year with out a single race. yay.

I'm pretty sure the ones still on my schedule are going to be cancelled, too.
    Thank goodness I will have enough other fails in my yearly goals so that not having run any races at all will just get lost in the shuffle.
    2020 will eventually go down in history as "The Year that Wasn't."

The worst is the one race I have still clinging to a tiny shred of hope on my calendar, but they won't announce ANYTHING about it. It's getting close so I'm thinking they're just gonna forget about it, but then they have typically announced other races a few weeks out, even before all this *kitten virus*... just tell us either way, people!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    @skippygirlsmom I haven't gotten my ScoobyDoo stuff yet.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    8-1 rest
    8-2 7k easy
    8-3 rest
    8-4 7k easy
    8-5 7k moderate
    8-6 7k easy
    8-7 7k easy
    8-8 7k slow
    8-9 7k easy
    8-10 rest
    8-11 7k slow
    8-12 7k easy
    8-13 11k slow
    8-14 7k easy
    8-15 7k slow
    8-16 7k moderate
    8-17 rest
    8-18 7k easy
    8-19 7k easy
    8-20 7k moderate
    8-21 rest

August Total: 116k
    August Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k

2020 Total through July: 1236k / 176.5k per month

Hooray!!! Golf instead of running. Counts as a rest day. Hooray!!!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    @katharmonic So sorry you are having a hard time right now. Hoping your run with your friend today will help you de-stress and feel better.
  • quilteryoyo
    @rheddmobile That looks like a great place to run.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent was just talking with Nick and Sophie last night about the community aspect and the adrenaline and feeding off of others’ adrenaline that comes with an in person race.

Finishing 33 miles alone is freaking hard. Especially since nobody is there to say “You’re doing great!” Nobody is there, so who cares if you finish or don’t? - that’s an easy mindset to slip into and I am so looking forward to having actual people around to encourage and be encouraged by!

I am sorry about your race. :(

Don't lose sight of the fact that WE care!!!

Absolutely! Last Saturday when I was struggling to complete my 15 miles I thought of you @Camaramandy648 and thought if she's doing thirty-something miles today surely I can hang in there and complete my 15!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member

This! Go back and read your post and look at everything you have been doing! I get tired just from reading - lol! Seriously, it's ok to take a day or two or three off from the pressures that you can control. There are many things that we can't walk away from - work and other adult responsibilities, but we can control many things and not let them control us. Hugs!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    4 miles this morning. Finally out after a weird week.

30.8/80

Thinking that 80 is going to be hard to hit 🤷🏼‍♀️

It was 85 out and DH was like it should be nice. Yes, if it wasn't 60% humidity. Not sure which I dislike more today or 90 and 10% humidity. It all feels gross.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    8/1 - 5 mile trail race
    8/2 - 4 with Skip and Champ
    8/3 – rest day
    8/4 – 6
    8/5 – 5 with Champ
    8/6 – 5
    8/7 – 3 with Champ
    8/8 – 5
    8/9 – 0 drove Skip to college move in
    8/10 – 3
    8/11 – drove home from college move in
    8/12 – 3 with Champ
    8/13 – 0
    8/14 – 5
    8/15 – 10K Scooby Doo Family and Pet Virtual Run
    8/16 – 5 with Champ on trails
    8/17 – 5
    8/18 – 4 with Champ
    8/19 – 5
    8/20 – 3 with Champ

72 of 115 miles

@quilteryoyo Skip got hers, I haven’t gotten mine except an email saying it was shipped 8/11.

@katharmonic hang in there! hugs

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
  • mahmood_ak
    mahmood_ak Posts: 15 Member
    exercise.png
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »

This! Go back and read your post and look at everything you have been doing! I get tired just from reading - lol! Seriously, it's ok to take a day or two or three off from the pressures that you can control. There are many things that we can't walk away from - work and other adult responsibilities, but we can control many things and not let them control us. Hugs!

Awwwww you're making my eyes fill up with wet stuff!

I do the same thing - think of you all and the obstacles you all have to overcome just to get out there and do it - from all over the world. What an inspiration!

Counting down til Monday when the Sinister challenge starts. The distances for next week are: 5K, 9K, 18k, 27k, 54k. The 54K will include the third marathon and third ultra and will be the third PR for distance in one day. I am excited but I am really working to fix up my right big toe. It's got to be better at least by next Saturday. I can hobble just fine on the shorter distances but the 54K is a different thing entirely. I'll need to not be hobbling... Lord, help me.

I am doing a better job with my food today. Spinach and tuna for lunch. I'll have a protein drink later. I think I should stop stressing about eating so much the week after the last challenge. I think I wouldn't let it go on into next week, but I need to be more graceful with myself. Besides, next week is another 113K total. I think it'll probably be okay.

@katharmonic Be graceful with YOURSELF. Hold space for you. Rest is a good thing. Stepping back is wisdom.

Here's to the weekend! I think I will not be doing a very long run tomorrow. I'll be happy with seven or ten miles. I am not going to push myself too hard because of the next challenge starting so soon.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    exercise.png

Didn't get too far before the sprinkling started. Made it home just before it became steady rain.

Need to make up some distance on my morning run tomorrow.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Awwwww you're making my eyes fill up with wet stuff!

I do the same thing - think of you all and the obstacles you all have to overcome just to get out there and do it - from all over the world. What an inspiration!

Counting down til Monday when the Sinister challenge starts. The distances for next week are: 5K, 9K, 18k, 27k, 54k. The 54K will include the third marathon and third ultra and will be the third PR for distance in one day. I am excited but I am really working to fix up my right big toe. It's got to be better at least by next Saturday. I can hobble just fine on the shorter distances but the 54K is a different thing entirely. I'll need to not be hobbling... Lord, help me.

I am doing a better job with my food today. Spinach and tuna for lunch. I'll have a protein drink later. I think I should stop stressing about eating so much the week after the last challenge. I think I wouldn't let it go on into next week, but I need to be more graceful with myself. Besides, next week is another 113K total. I think it'll probably be okay.

@katharmonic Be graceful with YOURSELF. Hold space for you. Rest is a good thing. Stepping back is wisdom.

Here's to the weekend! I think I will not be doing a very long run tomorrow. I'll be happy with seven or ten miles. I am not going to push myself too hard because of the next challenge starting so soon.

You HAVE to fuel the engine.