What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Erm 'rest day' today so only 100 push ups with 10 minutes of jump rope.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    50 minutes again of cardio. First half hour around 65% to 70% of max, then eased up a bit on the last 20 to roughly 60% max. Back's feeling good and I haven't been to the chiropractor in over a week. Go again tomorrow.

Will do the plank board again this evening for like 5 minutes or so -- that's about all I can take. I can hold the first one over a minute or so, but after that, not as long. I'd like to work up to 3 minutes or so at a time.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Tire flip and slam ball.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Rest day yesterday, so I did an hour's yoga and a 7 mile walk.

Today, I hangboarded for 40 minutes over lunch. I'll do some upper body lifts later.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hiked to Colchuck Lake in Leavenworth Washington. A little over 4 miles each way 2500 feet of elevation gain.
    63jp1xlv2f1c.jpg

tem0bi4qx6sz.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    @gearhead426hemi - that is gorgeous. Makes me miss the NW (I lived there around two years in law school years ago, near Eugene, OR). I hated the Winters but in the late Spring, Summer and Fall, there's no place in the US as pretty! And that's a HUGE hike. Nice job!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,939 Member
    @gearhead426hemi - that is gorgeous. Makes me miss the NW (I lived there around two years in law school years ago, near Eugene, OR). I hated the Winters but in the late Spring, Summer and Fall, there's no place in the US as pretty! And that's a HUGE hike. Nice job!

I think you'd find the climate in and around Leavenworth Washington a lot different from Eugene Oregon. Winters are long, dark, and wet in the Willamette Valley. It can be a mental struggle. We are so fortunate for modern waterproof breathable fabrics and warm layers. If you can get out and enjoy the outdoors through the winter, it's a lot better. From commuting by bike to hiking to kayaking, it helps a lot. You just have a smaller window in the day to get it done because... dark. Most of our whitewater rivers are rain-dependent, so you HAVE to paddle in the winter and spring.

No way could I deal with your summers.

My previous (now retired) dentist was so excited to move here from the east coast. He read that there's no ragweed. His excitement was crushed when he realized we have every other allergen.
  • MikePfirrman
    @mtaratoot - we are looking at that area eventually, maybe East more, where prices are (slightly) lower. Looking at a fractional ownership for the hotter Summer months, which aren't normally as bad in Tucson. Even this year, they are normally tolerable if not for having to eat outside with Covid-19. It's like 10 to 12 weeks of really hot weather where you don't spend much time outside for around 8 hours during the heat of the day. Mornings are tolerable as are evenings. We'd like to own up there as well. But I wouldn't trade Tucson for anywhere. It's fantastic for us.
  • oliverwnc
    oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
    I'm really, really enjoying the post-lockdown workouts because getting back into the gym means we can all enjoy newbie gains while using really light weights and low volumes. All I did today is in the picture attached...

...but the pump was awesome, I feel everything activating nicely, my strength is increasing and in only 3 weeks since returning to the gym, I'm already seeing some gains.

NB - weights are in KG, if not obvious.

ml8nb12gb9c6.jpeg
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    This morning I tried Country Heat for the first time. I really liked it a lot. I burned almost 300 calories in 30 minutes per my Fit Bit. Who knew you could sweat so much by a little dancing. Tonight I'm going to do a strength training DVD.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Deadlift day for me.
    275@5
    310@3
    345@6
    Defecit deads 2x5
    Wide grip rows 3x15
    Dumbell pullover 3x15
    Close grip lat pulldown 4x5-8
    Preacher curl 3x15
    Shrugs 2x10
    Reverse hypers 3x10
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2020
    Gearhead - that is stunning. I had a holiday to Washington and Oregon many years ago (my first trip to the USA) - I really liked it.
    drmwc wrote: »
    Rest day yesterday, so I did an hour's yoga and a 7 mile walk.

Today, I hangboarded for 40 minutes over lunch. I'll do some upper body lifts later.

The hang boarding was good - my finger strength was decent. The upper body lifts were terrible. I have no idea why. My bench worksets were after midnight, which may have been sub-optimal.

Anyway, I did:
    5 sets of 10 ring dips
    3 sets of 5 military press, 35 kgs
    3 sets of 5 bench, 50 kgs.

Today was leg day. I started off with benching to see if yesterday was a one-off. I got a set of 5 at 60kgs, which is closer to my max.

I then did:
    5 pistols both legs, unweighted
    3 says of 5, bent over rows, 60 kgs
    Squat, 3 sets of 5, 75 kgs
    Deadlift, 3 sets of 5, 100 kgs

I finished the day with a 7 mile walk. Today was better than yesterday for training.

Climbing tomorrow! 😀
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Rowing machine, 4 x (2K on, 2' off). Each of first three "off" segments was 5* row-out (about 15"), drink water/wipe sweat, about 45" row-in; last 2' "off" was row easy/continuous CD. Work pieces all easy SS, focus on technique and meters per stroke, maxed at just over 70% heart rate reserve (145bpm), averaged just under 65% (135bpm), 2:36.9 average split, 18spm. 860m rowed, total, in the "off" segments, for a grand total of 8,860m. It's slow, but not truly terrible SS for a LW60+, I think.

Yeah, I sweat lots even rowing that easy. It's a little warm in here, but mostly it's that I'm just very good at sweating. 😆
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Hiked 4.5 miles today! We got a little lost and got an extra mile and a half in. Tbh it was hard in hot weather and since I’ve focused more on lifting, my cardio fitness has been way down. So glad to know I could get this done! Would definitely do again in cooler weather.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did an easy hour yesterday. 10 minutes rowing (pretty easy), 50 minutes of LateralX and AD Pro (Assault Bike). All under 70% of HR Max.
  • MikePfirrman
    52 minutes today a bit harder than yesterday. All on the LateralX and AD Pro Bike. Kept it all between 65% of max and 72% of max. Tried to cap it at 70% of max but the HR drifted up a bit too high.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Ran a 5K
    30+ chin-ups
    50+ push-ups
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Taught some Bodypump tonight! Altho this is not conducive to my lifting goals, still worth the free gym.
  • Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    edited August 2020
    A 9.5 mile walk.