August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @Camaramandy648 With all of the running you are doing, I don't think you need to worry about food - except for eating enough. I still haven't managed to run a HM. I can't imagine doing a 54 k, especially after running so much the days before. I'm dreading my 9 miles this weekend. LOL

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @Tramboman man, i am fueling, that’s for sure! I feel like i have just eaten and lifted all week. I did other things too. Like work and raise kids and run with my dog. But i don’t feel like ive ever not been hungry all week’
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I'm already dreading running this weekend. Low of 88 with 50% humidity. Still at least another month or two to go 😭😭😭
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Camaramandy648 - I think there is a lot of pressure on young women runners to be at low weight/low body fat believing it will make them faster. Mary Cain is a perfect example at an elite level. More and more are speaking out so hopefully things will improve as they realize being healthy is much more important in the long run (pun intended).

I am 5'11" with a 31-inch waist. Some people say I am a bit on the skinny side. AND YET, according to "race weight" calculators, I need to loose TWENTY POUNDS. They claim I will never reach my true speed potential unless I lose it and all that.

So, yeah, I can see that happening. I know better than to believe those calculator, but since they are normally backed by famous runners/coaches, I can see people falling for them.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @shanaber Phoenix is breaking record highs right and left. And June is usually are humidity month and much dryer in July & August. Weather is definitely different this summer 😵
  • PastorVincent
    @shanaber Phoenix is breaking record highs right and left. And June is usually are humidity month and much dryer in July & August. Weather is definitely different this summer 😵

I just got home from errands, and today is my long run. It is 93 currently. So yeah. July was the hottest ever recorded here with plenty of triple digit days. So yeah. Feeling the heat.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    I didn't feel like running out side today so I am cleaning my house instead 🙃
  • PastorVincent
    I didn't feel like running out side today so I am cleaning my house instead 🙃

Same, but more of browsing on Amazon and less of the cleaning.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    8/1 - 5 mile trail race
    8/2 - 4 with Skip and Champ
    8/3 – rest day
    8/4 – 6
    8/5 – 5 with Champ
    8/6 – 5
    8/7 – 3 with Champ
    8/8 – 5
    8/9 – 0 drove Skip to college move in
    8/10 – 3