The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I am attempting a day of fasting. My stomach is already complaining about it and it is only 6:45 am
  • Versicolour
    I think my current profile picture accurately describes my current mood
  • KetoNewLife
    KetoNewLife Posts: 88 Member
    Hey fellow singles. It’s my start of 4 whole days off!!
  • Versicolour
    Nice! I hope you enjoy them!

I have the night off tonight. The kids are going to the ex
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Well then ladies what are your plans?
  • Versicolour
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

Well, I delivered my friend's birthday cake, then when shopping for another friend's birthday present. Now I am going to sit down for some D&D character creation before having a zoom chat with my friends. Then relax the rest of the day maybe?

What about you?
  • KetoNewLife

Some quality beach time, barbecuing, hiking and fixing both my bikes. Maybe some painting too!

What about you?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Some quality beach time, barbecuing, hiking and fixing both my bikes. Maybe some painting too!

What about you?

Sounds better than my weekend. Laundry is in progress, then shopping for basics (food, pet food, cleaning materials). Hopefully will be able to get some cleaning done and should study atbsome point for the exam I take 30 days from now.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    edited August 2020

Well, I delivered my friend's birthday cake, then when shopping for another friend's birthday present. Now I am going to sit down for some D&D character creation before having a zoom chat with my friends. Then relax the rest of the day maybe?

What about you?

What about you?

Well I ran some errands this morning and I will finish up painting my ex girlfriend's bedroom. Other than that, some food. Nothing fun really unfortunately.
  • KetoNewLife

What about you?

Sounds better than my weekend. Laundry is in progress, then shopping for basics (food, pet food, cleaning materials). Hopefully will be able to get some cleaning done and should study atbsome point for the exam I take 30 days from now.
    I’ll be doing all that to, except pet stuff because I can’t have one 😢I’ll be saving my “chores” for Tuesday night.
    What kind of exam are you studying for?
  • Versicolour
    At least with boring there is no pressure to be extroverted! For example, it is now 5pm and I am drinking vodka and orange juice while washing dishes (well, I will be when the dish water cools to just below boiling point)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

What about you?

I’ll be doing all that to, except pet stuff because I can’t have one 😢I’ll be saving my “chores” for Tuesday night.
    What kind of exam are you studying for?

It's an "add-on" certification to something I already have. I'm a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) already and this exam is Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis (CSCA).
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

What about you?

Roll good! I miss doing that. Used to just randomly roll up characters for no reason. Just to see what I could come up with.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

What about you?

Uh oh.. What happened with the bikes?
  • Versicolour

What about you?

Roll good! I miss doing that. Used to just randomly roll up characters for no reason. Just to see what I could come up with.

That sounds like fun! Maybe after a few characters I will get the hang of it
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

What about you?

That sounds like fun! Maybe after a few characters I will get the hang of it

Unfortunately, I haven't played in years. Last time I played was when v3.5 came out (2003/4?) and thought it was a mess. The majority of my playing was Advanced Dungeons & Dragons versions 1 and 2. Started in the late 70's when it was Dungeons & Dragons and played until 2001/2002 when my long-time group fell apart due to kids/family life.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    My plans detoured... part of my 'cleaning' was scanning some files. I'm frustrated with my scanner only working when it wants to. There is a Best Buy 1 hour drive away, so I bought a scanner and am going to pick it up with the curbside pickup option. I've never done curbside before, but how difficult could it be? As long as they don't put my scanner in the wrong car...
  • Versicolour
    edited August 2020
    My plans detoured... part of my 'cleaning' was scanning some files. I'm frustrated with my scanner only working when it wants to. There is a Best Buy 1 hour drive away, so I bought a scanner and am going to pick it up with the curbside pickup option. I've never done curbside before, but how difficult could it be? As long as they don't put my scanner in the wrong car...

Oh dear. Good luck with all of that
  • KetoNewLife

Road bike has a flat and my hybrid (not electric) bike needs a new tire too after a 1.5” carpenters staple went through it and left me stranded 6 miles from home. I’m DEFINITELY going to carry extra tubes in my pack from now on.
    I was stranded until my ex-boyfriend came by....very awkward ride home😳😣

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX

Road bike has a flat and my hybrid (not electric) bike needs a new tire too after a 1.5” carpenters staple went through it and left me stranded 6 miles from home. I’m DEFINITELY going to carry extra tubes in my pack from now on.
    I was stranded until my ex-boyfriend came by....very awkward ride home😳😣

Oh, that's definitely a tough situation and an awkward ride home. I have a seatbag on each of my bikes that has spare tube, patch kit, levers, etc in it. Definitely worthwhile!