Want to Gain Fat +weight please help

Hello all,
I am 5'2" and 110 pound. I don't have any fat according to my nutritionist, she wants me to gain 6 more pound and little more fat. I will be heading to college soon . I need to do it quick please help me.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eat more. Calorie dense stuff. Peanut butter, nuts, ect high fat foods with some protein and carbs.

If that's hard - don't eat stuff that fills you up a lot.
    Food with lots of water in it already can do that.

Oh - unless you are doing some weight lifting routine and this can take many weeks to accomplish - you will gain 6 lb of almost all fat.
    Not sure this theory of gain 6 and a little of it fat.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Peanut butter, milkshakes, any high calorie/low density food. Eat more calories than your body uses and you will gain weight.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Did she tell you what your body fat % is, and how was that determined? Do you feel like you need to gain weight?
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Is the nutritionist a registered dietician? Anyone can claim to be a nutritionist nowadays.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    improveme9 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I am 5'2" and 110 pound. I don't have any fat according to my nutritionist, she wants me to gain 6 more pound and little more fat. I will be heading to college soon . I need to do it quick please help me.

If you didn't have any fat you would be dead. Fire the nutritionist and see a Registered Dietitian if you feel you need advice on your diet.

Not to mention a nutritionist would have no problem building a diet plan to add some weight. Not just throw her to the wolves.

Sounds like a self proclaimed guru.

Also it's not healthy to rush weight gain, why do you need it right now? Why not slowly and steadily increase your weight overtime. Itll help prevent potential eating disorders and unwanted weight gain
  • arirose1117
    arirose1117 Posts: 4 Member
    Your BMI is normal and you do not need to gain weight. I wouldn't see that nutritionist anymore.
  • Hey, I’m 5’2” and at around 113-115, and I’ve definitely had body fat even when I was at around 105. I suggest instead of trying to gain fat you gain some muscle if you would like to get bigger but otherwise don’t listen to that nutritionist.
  • sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    I had that problem . 3 years ago weighted 103 pds .. started working out add a protien powder sometimes whey isolate other times vegan before bed time to sustain me through the night increased water intake to almost a gallon. Now I weigh in at 133 to 136 always .. you can do this simple small steps towards your goals. Never miss your bedtime protien. Its proven by my gains ..
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Don't do it too quick without resistance training. Make sure your diet does not consist of junk food. Eat healthy fats.