MyFitnessPal Connection to Strava or Another Cycling App

I was under the impression that MyFitnessPal could connect to Strava to obtain cycling data, as long as Strava also is connected to MyFitnessPal. Due to current physical limitations. I am no longer jogging/running and I am riding my bicycle. However, MyFitnessPal is not capturing the data from Strava. It even stopped getting Google Fit data. The only thing that works is Samsung Health, which counts steps. I've tried going to the website for both. Removing connections and then adding them again. No luck. Wondering if others are experiencing this same problem. FYI, I am on Android. More specifically, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and a Galaxy Tab S6 (tried on this and it didn't work either).

I did do multiple searches and could not find this question anywhere. Weird since if you Google you find a ton of people having this problem.

Replies

• Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    So I didn't have any issues connecting Strava with MFP via my Moto. It could be due to the newer phones. I also know that Strava has made changes to their app, downgrading features and making them premium. Not sure if this would effect syncing with MFP, but who knows. Try to sync the apps on an actual computer vs your mobile and sync through MFP to Strava, not Strava to MFP. See if that helps. I personally did not like how MFP listed my rides when synced with Strava so I elected to just personally add my rides. You could always go for the MFP sponsored Map-my-Ride. I never tried that app.
  • cdhaschka58
    cdhaschka58 Posts: 1 Member
    I also have spent hours trying to figure out why my Strava data does not link to My FitnessPal. It is very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an I Phone.
  • rcamarillo
    rcamarillo Posts: 1 Member
    I am on android and I have the same issue. Premium member on strava
  • amyjzed
    amyjzed Posts: 2 Member
    I have Garmin synced to Strava, and I really don't want to have to manually put in exercises here if I don't have to.
    I tried linking MFP to Strava through the MFP app on my phone but I don't see any of my exercises appearing. I ran earlier today before I added the connection to Strava. It would be nice to see some more information from MFP about this.
  • pennylsmith
    pennylsmith Posts: 1 Member
    I use a Garmin and Sync up to Strava, I don't record my rides on Strava directly. I just added the Garmin App to MyFitnessPal so I am hoping my workouts sync directly from there...
  • hammerstak84
    hammerstak84 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here, did everything both MFP and Strava says to do, everything shows connected, but nothing, not old, not new workouts are showing up in MFP. Very, very frustrating. Made the switch recently from Nike Run Club to Strava since I'm registered for a virtual race via Strava, thought I'd give it a shot. 2 days in to my free trial and I'm definitely not interested in paying for Strava after the trial, that's for sure.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    My activities are pushed from Garmin Connect to MFP. Never had much luck with Strava in the 5 or so years pushing to other apps. It's always breaking and needs to be reconnected. I think over the same time I had to reconnect GC a handful of times. Strava just seems not wanting to share but consume.
  • iancity
    iancity Posts: 26 Member
    My rides are recorded on Garmin connect which syncs with Strava and MFP, but its the Garmin that sends the data to MFP, not Strava. Works seamlessly :-)
  • pascalsuppers2016
    pascalsuppers2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Does MFP read these issues? I have the same, S10+, MFP-Premium, Strava but no sync of the calories :-( Feels a bit disappointing for all the hard work ...

Dear MFP, Please solve this issue ASAP
  • OldFatDood
    OldFatDood Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to MFP, longtime user of Strava premium and am surprised this “integration” is featured by MFP but does not appear to actually do anything… marketing gone amok? I noticed that on my Strava’s “My Apps” page MFP is listed off to the side under the “social connections” area, but not under the main list (eg where I see I’ve granted access to my Strava data to Trailforks and Zwift).

My inference is that the “social connection” is for stuff like sharing a Strava ride within community or other blog / forum contexts… which is meaningless to me. Clearly the value to MFP users, based on this thread, is for a real integration that pulls in actual exercise data from apps like Strava. Are the designers, engineers, and product managers listening?
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 190 Member
    They aren't listening here, as this is just a community forum with users such as yourself. I would suggest you send them feedback?