August 15th - 31st: Where have you been and where are you going?

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
What’s your plan for the second half of August?

Also, Posting here makes me feel focused, supported and accountable - thank you!!

Replies

• MsAdventure19
    I am starting at 192 and my goal is to get to 190 by the end of the month.

I also have a few other goals that I am going to put here to help me be accountable for them:

1. Get a bicycle! A co-worker helped me find a couple good possible bikes, I just need to commit to taking a little time away On a workday to get to the shops when they’re open and purchase one.
    2. Continue doing home workouts on days I can’t get outside - including strengthening exercises (I’m gonna be able to do push-ups someday - I know it!).
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    I'm 196.6 now. My goal for the end of the month is to never go back to the 200s and to reach 194. I'm going to try and stick with it despite the fact that menopause is making this my hardest weight loss journey ever!
  • tmbg1
    Hope everyone is doing well! I'm still in plateau but I'm not giving up!
  • MsAdventure19
    Ahh - plateaus are frustrating!!! Don’t give up, because it will pass (and maybe when you least expect it!).

One thing that has sometimes worked for me to break a plateau is to make a shift in my eating and exercise routine for a couple days - a little change or jolt to shake things up. For me, it’s been to maybe add some calories to my diet for a couple days while also adding some extra exercise that is different that what I usually do. (Like add two longer hikes on two different days on top of what I normally do and also add an extra 300-500 calorie meal or snack.
    Mkeep in mind I have no scientific evidence to back this up and it may not work for you at all, but it has helped me a couple times.

Either way, don’t lose hope - you’ve got this!
  • tmbg1
    Well I didn't make my goal of 194 but I made it to 195.2. I'm heading in the right direction but it's slow!
  • MsAdventure19
    I stayed right at 192 - no movement, but honestly I am not upset about it. I’m glad I maintained and I am trying to give myself some grace. I’ve lost 64 pounds so far. I’ve gone from obese to overweight, and I feel active and good. Of course I am not giving up, but I’m not counting this as a failure either.

I did manage to buy a bicycle this past weekend (it was trickier to find one then I thought) but disappointment is that one of the pedals will not stay on! 🤦. I am know of an area where people repair bikes so I’ll take it there On the weekend and hopefully I’ll get rolling!!
  • tmbg1
    I stayed right at 192 - no movement, but honestly I am not upset about it. I’m glad I maintained and I am trying to give myself some grace. I’ve lost 64 pounds so far. I’ve gone from obese to overweight, and I feel active and good. Of course I am not giving up, but I’m not counting this as a failure either.

I did manage to buy a bicycle this past weekend (it was trickier to find one then I thought) but disappointment is that one of the pedals will not stay on! 🤦. I am know of an area where people repair bikes so I’ll take it there On the weekend and hopefully I’ll get rolling!!

You are such an inspiration!
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »

You are such an inspiration!

That is REALLY sweet of you to say! It brightened my day!