Declare your own challenge AUGUST 2020 [Samples included]

12346»

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    3rd week done. I had an ok to good week, meaning that I stayed within calories all except one day. Not so great part was that I had processed food for 2 days while visiting family out of state. Overall it made me so bloated, messed up my sleep, and added a pound on the scale, that I have to behave for this last remaining week, to function.
    The 3 exercises were there, just less intense and planned ahead: moved kid to college, a morning walk if 4 miles, take the dog an extra walk daily.
    The part that I’m proud is recognizing the traps and choosing the least damaging option from the menu while away from home. That pound is water.
    I’m excited for the 4th week with same 2: stay in calories and 3 exercises .
    Good luck everyone!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Hello all! Wow! Finale week of August. I don’t know about you but this month has felt weird for me.

My past week was good for staying hydrated (this actually the first time I’ve actively logged my water so it’s been good to know how much I need until I’m hydrated) bad for lights out on time. 😬 Not much will change in my weekly plan but I realize I can calculate a guess for my sleep time. I’m going to continue starting my day with a glass of water even though it’s sometimes hard for me to get down.

Below is my suppers, I need to use my produce.

Mon 8/24 - Kohlrabi Schnitzel
    Tue 8/25 - Cashew Crunch Salad
    Wed 8/26 - cauliflower parm
    Thu 8/27 - green bean and chickpea salad
    Fri 8/28 - spaghetti with roasted veggies
    Sat 8/29 - meatballs and roasted veggies
    Sun 8/30 - cheat/unplanned meal
    Expected Total sleep hours: 52.5 hours of sleep

@Vetleanni hope your allergic reaction has subsided and you’re feeling rested from the extra zzzz’s!

@GabiV125 i know the frustration of travelling or staying with others and not being able to eat how you like. I hope the move to college went well for everyone. You must be proud!

And I can’t remember other folks’ specific comments and don’t want to click back and lose what I’ve typed. 🤭 BUT I know you’re all kicking it with being consistent and being a support. Your workouts, menus, and attitudes are keeping me motivated because right now I am getting “tired” of it and tempted to not log, but because of you all I know I have folks watching my every move 😉.

Let’s nail this last week of August!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Wow the end of August- I feel like this month just flew by. My favorite season is fall so I am very excited to be inching towards September. All my fall home décor will be up by Sept 15th, and my fall baking/freezing sessions for Christmas will begin (I am the family baker and supply every house treats, however since I bake with regular flour and not gluten free I don’t touch it 😊).

I had some scale success at long last- I dropped 4.1 lbs. This is a woosh for sure- it’s typically how my body is always playing catch up for prior weeks. I don’t expect much movement again till September.

@vetleanni thank you! That sounds really interesting I am going to look into Moskha this week 😊 I hope your reaction is clearing up-those are never fun or enjoyable!
    @xiaolonbao thank you😊! Have you ever tried like the sodastream version? Not sure how it would work for you.

@gabiV125 it sounds like you made really good choices given the circumstances and did what you could to mitigate it. I don’t enjoy limited selection or options either. I bet you burnt some good calories moving your son in! I know you’ll stick to your plan 😊!

@fstrickl August honestly has flown by- so crazy! I cant believe it’s the final week already. Your dinners this week sounds delicious- especially the cashew crunch salad 😊 mmm.

Here is this weeks plan:
    08/24/2020- workout, stick to calories, 2L water in - workout lifting (done!)
    08/25/2020- workout in the evening or am, stick to calories, get 2L of water in. (workout- legs)
    08/26/2020- workout, stick to calories, 2L water in (workout- TRX weight loss)
    08/27/2020-rest day (minus dog walk), stick to calories, get 2L water in
    08/28/2020-workout, stick to calories, get 2L water in (workout- cardio and free weights)
    08/29/2020-rest day (minus dog walk), stick to calories, get 2L water in
    08/30/2020-workout, no excessive snacks, get 2L water in (workout- TRX lean body or TRX weight loss).
    08/31/2020- workout, no excessive snacks, 2L of water, come back here and share my final stats 😊!
  • tenazhsc
    tenazhsc Posts: 70 Member
    Hi Guys!
    It's amazing to see the great progress you all have made. I look forward to see our progress in one week.
    @Xiaolongbao I've been doing a 10 minute jumping rope workout.

Here's my program for this week.
    08/24/20 Monday 10 mins
    08/25/20 Tuesday 10 mins
    08/26/20 Wednesday
    08/27/20 Thursday 10 mins
    08/28/20 Friday 10 mins
    08/29/20 Saturday 10 mins
    08/30/20 Sunday 10 mins

10 minutes means one workout.
    Let's finish strong!
  • GabiV125
    Well the month is not over, just almost there.
    On this last week I did about half of my promises: kept within the calories about half of the days and although I exercised 3x, I did not meet my walking minimum about 3 days in a row.
    Weight wise I am about a pound less than was at the beginning, but I did try plenty new things, so it was definitely a learning experience. A positive one, not stellar, and I have to teach myself to be ok with it.
    Not an easy thing because I have about 20 years of bad self talk, to fight against. It never worked in the past, it never pushed me to improve, to try harder, or longer so I’ll go with what people here are saying. Breathe in and out and keep on paddling . This time it has to stick, no, this time it WILL stick.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    I weigh in on Saturdays so this is the end of the month for me.

August 1 I was 65.7 kg with a trend weight of 65.8kg. Today I’m 63.1 kg with a trend weight of 63.4kg. So just over 2kg for the month which I’m very happy with.

In relationship to my goals:

1. Walk 80,000 steps a week. I blew this away with over 120,000 steps every week in August.

2. I can’t remember if I ended up even officially making this a goal but I wanted to do a short Pilates series at least 4 times a week and I achieved that.

3. Was no PepsiMax/Diet Coke etc. I did this for the first 3 weeks and then I decided to quit last weekend. I have excuses but the honest fact is that the mental energy I was using to deny myself my one treat a day was starting to feel counterproductive. I even tried baking and eating some cake each day instead. But I decided to focus on weight loss this past week and go back to having a can a

So not a bad month. I hope everyone else’s wraps up ok too.
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 65 Member
    Last sunday of the month, and the challenge. Hope everyone have had a good week :smile:

I missed this weeks challenge, by 10 min on 2 out of 7days 🙄 one of them beeing today eaven though I had today off. Woke up too early because i drank too much water yesterday, and could not fall back to sleep.. all and all though, I'm really happy with this last month! I have for sure had a better sleep pattern now than I have had in the last 6 months probably! :smile:

Thank you @fstrickl and @MeganD1704 , my eye is all better now :smile:

@Xiaolongbao , you freakin killed it this month!! :smiley:

And @GabiV125, you kicked *kitten* too! you still got good results, eaven though you didn't hit your numbers on all days this week :smile: 20 years of bad self talk is really tough 😞 I hope you are able to break the bad circle
  • Vetleanni
    @tenazhsc how did your week go?
    And what now? Are we doing something for september? :)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    I have enjoyed this thanks for setting it up.j003w6cqcdy8.jpg
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Hello everyone! Here we are at the end of the month. Here are my stats

INITIAL STATS
    August 1st
    Weight - 175.2 lbs
    Fat% - 27% or 34% (two different calculators. 1st was from verywellfit.com, the other is the US Navy Method, the link provided by tenzasch)

Measurements
    Neck - 14.25
    Bust - 42.5
    Waist - 31
    Hips - 43
    Forearm - 10
    Bicep - 12
    Thigh - 25.25
    Calf - 15

Stats on August 31st
    Weight - 170.95
    Fat % - 27(from very well fit) or 32.6 (from link provided)

Neck - 14
    Chest - 41.5
    Waist - 30.5
    Hips - 42
    Forearm - 10
    Bicep - 12
    Thigh - L:25 R:24.5
    Calf - 15.(both)

Drinking more water went well this month! Getting more sleep not as well. Overall, however, I am pleased. A bit concerned my thighs are different sized 😖. I can actually tell too, the muscle on my left thigh is more visible.

Thanks for all the planning you put into this @tenazhsc !! And thank you everyone for the accountability and encouragement throughout the month. It looks everyone has made progress and learned something even if they aren’t where they wanted to be. Way to be consistent everyone. May September be a month you nail it again!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Wow that went by fast!!!

I still have to take my measurements- This morning i had to be in early but I know they've come down. I will update that part tomorrow.

INITIAL STATS
    August 3rd
    Weight -172.2
    Fat% -31% as per scale
    Photos taken

Measurements
    August 1st
    Chest- 36
    Waist-41
    L Thigh- 26
    R Thigh- 25.5
    L + R Arm Bicep-14.5
    L + R Calves- 16.5

END Stats
    August 3rd
    Weight -167.8 (4.4 lbs lost)
    Fat% -29.7 as per scale
    Photos taken

Measurements- to update tomorrow
    August
    Chest-
    Waist-
    L Thigh-
    R Thigh-
    L + R Arm Bicep-
    L + R Calves-

Very pleased with how August went. Its been a rough year but my hormones and my mood are finally shifting more positively from my miscarriage back in June. I appreciate the support this group brought me and can't wait to read all the updates tomo :)!
  • tenazhsc
    you-did-it.jpg
    It's been an interesting month and I learned a lot.
    I see some of your goals and it really inspired me to look into them. During this month I made a sleeping schedule and while it wasn't my main goal I think it's something that'll benefit me moving forward.
    I also did intermittent fasting and it feels great to do plus I learned about the benefits of doing it.

My goal was to incorporate a 10-minute workout into my daily routine and I'll say that this part I failed.

I'm not a superstitious person but the weirdest things happen every time I say I want to do something good for myself something major happens that I would otherwise interpret as 'signs' but then again I'm not that person.
    For instance I left the baby gate partially locked and my son was able to dislodged it and he fell down the stairs. I did this one morning when I was going to go for a walk. And I just had any number of problems that made this month just a bit too challenging to see any real progress.

My stats for the end of the month, the end of the challenge are as follow:

Weight = Up 0.8 lbs
    My body dimensions remained exactly the same except for hips which is bigger 3/8" yeah my butt grew lol.

It was great overall because if not for this challenge I think I would have completely given up on any sort of goals and while I did not see the goals I wanted at least it kept me grounded.

@Vetleanni I start classes on September 8th and I know I'll be booked but I'm interested in knowing what you guys have in mind. We can also just do it at the FL level since most of you log daily and participate over there as well.
  • tenazhsc
    And just a quick roll call to see how many are left lol
    We started the month with:
    @Xiaolongbao
    @cilia2k
    @MeganD1704
    @GabiV125
    @fstrickl
    @annliz23
    @debrakgoogins
    @6mogoal
    @Vetleanni
    @Lyallatron
    @msunat97
    @Mithridites

Are we all still here? even if you didn't participate week to week, how was your month? What's your plan for September?
  • Vetleanni
    Im still here ;) and getting ready for september. I summed up august above, so im not gonna repeat myself ;) My plan for september is to go keto. I have been dabbeling with low carb before, but this time im gonna log everything, I just bought a ketone blood tester also so ill be able to know exactly where im at.

@tenazhsc glad to hear the challenge kept you grounded, when august turned out to be such a challenge. What is the FL level?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    tenazhsc wrote: »
    And just a quick roll call to see how many are left lol
    We started the month with:
    @Xiaolongbao
    @cilia2k
    @MeganD1704
    @GabiV125
    @fstrickl
    @annliz23
    @debrakgoogins
    @6mogoal
    @Vetleanni
    @Lyallatron
    @msunat97
    @Mithridites

Are we all still here? even if you didn't participate week to week, how was your month? What's your plan for September?

I am still here I plan on building on this month by trying to improve on some if my results and increase my exercise levels.
  • GabiV125
    I’m here too, and since I’m having trouble with the calories, that’s the only thing I’m going to work on in September
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am still here...just didn't post actively. This is how I did..

Caber: I will turn the caber in competition (my white whale...has happened in practice, not in competition). Since I can't practice this at home, I will do rock drills to build my explosive strength. (I have a competition on 9/19 - let's see what happens!)

Weight for distance: Throw 40' with the 14 pound and 30' with the 26 pound (I concentrated on the 14 pound and hit my goal once but not consistently.)

Weight for height: Clear 13' with the 26 pound (Cleared 11', still working on this!)

Hammer throw: Toss 50' with the 12 pound and 45' with the 16 pound (I have consistently been doing between 15 and 55 feet with the 12 but haven't been working on the heavy hammer.)

Braemar stone: Put 20' with the heavy stone (not nearly what I want to do but stone putting is my worst event)
    Open stone: Put 25' with the light stone (refer to the last entry about how I kind of suck at stone putting)) (Done and done for stones!)

Sheaf: Clear 19' (by far my best event) (Cleared over 19' consistently...even came darn close to 22!!)

For September I have my upcoming competition so I will just keep working to improve before that then work on my weakest events for the rest of the month.