Looking for friends/accountability buddies

Hey everyone! I'm starting over (again) and would like some friends along my journey who will inspire me. I have a lot of weight to lose, at least 100 pounds. So I would love to have some like minded individuals to befriend. Thank you ❤️

Replies

• ls5073
    ls5073 Posts: 2 Member
    Would love to be accountable too as am starting yet again...
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    Same! Feel free to add me! :)
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Count me in! I’m embarrassed about the number of times I have started over! I’m 65 and the time is now!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    edited August 2020
    I’ve been on this site/app since 2009. I kicked *kitten* in the beginning. I’m starting over again also. At one point I had logged in 3 years in a row, never missing a day. I had also lost 46 pounds and was only 5 pounds from my goal weight. Then divorce happened, (it was a good thing) and I stopped running, and stopped caring. I have since started intermittent fasting and am loving it. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • ella30376
    ella30376 Posts: 7 Member
    Same here new! Also on weight watchers! Add me I need quality friends. I live in Colorado
  • carla7328
    carla7328 Posts: 25 Member
    Hey! I’m in the same position tried and failed before but nows the time for it, my goal is to loose about 4 stone.
  • ella30376
    Time to get real!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    ella30376 wrote: »
    Same here new! Also on weight watchers! Add me I need quality friends. I live in Colorado

Adding you. I love Colorado, too!
  • JoanneAcevesMoss
    JoanneAcevesMoss Posts: 7 Member
    Hi!! Please add me too. I have 115 lbs to go.... and i need help with accountability and encouragement especially the first 21 days. Im 52 and I have lost 80 lbs before but gained it all back and more.
  • ella30376
    Add me. I have about the same amount to loose!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    edited August 2020
    Feel free to add me would love to support/cheer anyone on their journey :) I had 129 lbs to lose and I have lost 44 lbs
  • JMarieC29
    JMarieC29 Posts: 1 Member
    Add me. Back after a long hiatus. 100+ to lose.
  • ktgbgrme
    ktgbgrme Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2020
    Not sure how to go about doing it, but I’m like-minded and would love to help; I could use some feedback, too. 61 and would like to drop 35 pounds of stress weight.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Same here over 100 lbs to lose, few free to add me
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    One thing that can help is a support team - and I have a great one to suggest! @Megan_smartiepants1970 who posted above is a member, and I think she will agree that it works for a lot of people.

The Fat2Fit group has six teams, each around 25 people. The members and teams all work together to lose weight and get more fit. It is a supportive and encouraging environment, with friendly challenges, plenty of help when things aren't going as well as you'd like, a kick in the rear when you need one, and lots of laughs.

Come to the main page and look around. Read some of the discussion threads (full group under "Announcements" and team chats under "Discussions"). If you think it is something you'd like to try, join up! We add new members only at the end of each month for people to start the following week, so hop on it - the September challenge starts on Sunday August 30th.

Here are the links:
    Main page: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Sign-up/Registration: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10808058/registration-for-new-members-september-2020#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    One thing that can help is a support team - and I have a great one to suggest! @Megan_smartiepants1970 who posted above is a member, and I think she will agree that it works for a lot of people.

The Fat2Fit group has six teams, each around 25 people. The members and teams all work together to lose weight and get more fit. It is a supportive and encouraging environment, with friendly challenges, plenty of help when things aren't going as well as you'd like, a kick in the rear when you need one, and lots of laughs.

Come to the main page and look around. Read some of the discussion threads (full group under "Announcements" and team chats under "Discussions"). If you think it is something you'd like to try, join up! We add new members only at the end of each month for people to start the following week, so hop on it - the September challenge starts on Sunday August 30th.

Here are the links:
    Main page: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Sign-up/Registration: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10808058/registration-for-new-members-september-2020#latest

Thanks Jugar for suggesting me :)
  • jaevolner
    jaevolner Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there, been working my MFP for 15 days now and I too am looking for friends to inspire and be inspired by feel free to send me a friend's request. I am active on my profile and check it to respond and chat a couple of times a day.
  • daze3am
    daze3am Posts: 2 Member
    Just realized I have been dealing with MFP since 2014. Tired of the weight being the main thing I want to change. Looking for additional support. Feel free to add me☺️
  • lorimiller18
    lorimiller18 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2020
    In the same boat, looking to lose 30-35 lbs, for the 4th time now. I'm 45 and the 40's have kicked my *kitten*. when I restarted my account, been here since 2012!!!