Share Your Day

Replies

• maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Found it hard-going with the swimming today. Probably because I didn't sleep well last night and I'm exhausted. But I still went and did 45 minutes. Pre-booking is a good way to ensure you actually go. Considered a brief walk afterwards but it was still really hot at 7pm and I really couldn't get the motivation. Plus I was hungry! I needed my dinner! Bought a huge peach at the green grocer so saved it for dessert. Love peach season. Hopefully tomorrow brings more exercise motivation because I didn't meet my step quota today either.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I was traveling for work. I spent the morning in an interview and after lunch I had a 4 hour drive home. I didn't eat much at lunch because I just didn't. On the drive home I stopped at a gas station and didn't find anything that looked good for a snack but i bought jerky and cheese and some crackers, neither of which were to good so I didn't eat much of either. two hours down the road I was starving and decided to stop at a fast food place rather then stop at a sit down and be late getting home. Fast food was mediocre. I got home and was still hungry. Anyways lesson learned. Don't settle. Stop at a normal place I like and get something nutritious and good that I like rather than settling and eating more.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Today has been a good day....meaning I have been in control of what I am eating....I ran errands all morning and fixed dinner tonight....not saying that I won’t mess up again but glad today has been a good one!
  • Packing to move, eventually. I have to be careful because if I get exhausted and have a flare, meals don't get cooked. That's why we had pizza last night, and why I had pizza for lunch. It works within my calories but it's not as satisfying as eating real, slow food.

The packing is progressing well. The plan is to put all the stuff-we-don't-actually-need-to-function in boxes and put it in the garage. Then we will go and find the new house. At that point, we have to sell this house, so we clear the tops of the desks and make the beds and have an open house so people can see it. Then, once it's sold, we can pack up everything else and stack it in the garage, and get the house stripped down to just furniture, and let the movers handle that.

The only things I want us to hand carry are my fine china, our large-screen TV, our computers (which have laptop bags anyway) and a large suitcase and a small overnight bag apiece. Our backs won't take moving a ton of stuff ourselves, and I know quite well that we'll be exhausted when this is all done.

Our two cats are going to go stay with his mom and dad from the time we pack up the kitchen to the point where we are in the new house and the furniture is where it's going to go, and we're just at the point of starting to open all the boxes and unpack ourselves. That will be easier on them and easier on us because we don't have to worry about anyone dashing out an open door, and they will come home to a new house where their things are already in place, and the beds are there to hide under until they feel like exploring the new house.

I'm also doing some food planning because I don't need to have my allergies go off in the middle of all this, and my partners will similarly need safe food to eat. I'm not going to so much worry about exact calories for those three to four days because I will be moving and working more than usual, but I eat so much less now that it's not as easy to overeat.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I think today will be an excellent food day. I have had so much going on over the last few weeks that I have not been eating "my way" or the way I know works the best for me as much. Flexibility is important but there are definitely good, better, best versions of how to eat, at least for me. There are obviously poor ways to eat too that do not control hunger well at all. Anyway "good" is fine but I am looking forward to a "best" day. For me that is high protein, high fiber, high volume, and whatever on the fat and carbs. I have also been calorie creeping more than I should earlier in the day in the name of fueling all my morning exercise. Enough of that. I need some calories but not that much. It is funny how fast a food lie can take hold and sad how much losing an extra 280 calories early in the day can cause budgeting headaches later. Enough of my mental nonsense making things slightly harder! Time to point my compass back towards easier.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I think today will be an excellent food day. I have had so much going on over the last few weeks that I have not been eating "my way" or the way I know works the best for me as much. Flexibility is important but there are definitely good, better, best versions of how to eat, at least for me. There are obviously poor ways to eat too that do not control hunger well at all. Anyway "good" is fine but I am looking forward to a "best" day. For me that is high protein, high fiber, high volume, and whatever on the fat and carbs. I have also been calorie creeping more than I should earlier in the day in the name of fueling all my morning exercise. Enough of that. I need some calories but not that much. It is funny how fast a food lie can take hold and sad how much losing an extra 280 calories early in the day can cause budgeting headaches later. Enough of my mental nonsense making things slightly harder! Time to point my compass back towards easier.

Soooo true! It seems like such a good idea at the time (and such a small amount) until dinner rolls around... Enjoy your "best" food day - no doubt it will feel great!
  • NovusDies
    I received a request for some volunteer work and I was not that busy today so I went. I made it clear I would be returning home for lunch and then coming back after. On the plus side I am firmly in my "best" food system. On the slightly negative side I have burned through a lot more calories today than I expected and since I had not planned to do this I didn't exactly take it easy this morning. I think my feet are just about mad enough to secede from my body.

• I'm having a terribly painful fibro flare and have decided to just eat maintenance today and be good to myself as much as I can.
  • NovusDies
    I'm having a terribly painful fibro flare and have decided to just eat maintenance today and be good to myself as much as I can.

Sounds like a great plan. I hope it passes quickly.
  • NovusDies
    Second day back doing what I know works the best. Yesterday, despite burning more calories than anticipated, was an effortless deficit day. It is very important for me to accrue those days. They give me rest and remind me that when life needs me to be more flexible that those are the unusual days. I can get through most unusual days without much difficulty but some difficulty is not no difficulty.
  • Today is better. I'm going to call around and see if I can find some soup bones. Apparently no one makes stock any more from scratch, because the grocery store doesn't have them. I'll try the Mexican butcher down the road.
  • conniewilkins56
    Second day back doing what I know works the best. Yesterday, despite burning more calories than anticipated, was an effortless deficit day. It is very important for me to accrue those days. They give me rest and remind me that when life needs me to be more flexible that those are the unusual days. I can get through most unusual days without much difficulty but some difficulty is not no difficulty.

It’s nice to have those great days when everything seems easier!...you are amazing!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Today is better. I'm going to call around and see if I can find some soup bones. Apparently no one makes stock any more from scratch, because the grocery store doesn't have them. I'll try the Mexican butcher down the road.

Depending on what kind of stock you want to make, you can buy a semi-boneless ham to get the bone or a pack of bone-in pork chops, or buy a whole chicken - those are relatively cheap, or get a small turkey breast bone in (not so cheap). Beef is harder; the only thing I can think of are t-bone steaks.
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 We get all of our extra stock bones from the local Asian supermarket if we need to bulk up what's in our freezer. You can usually find all sorts of goodies in the meat case there.
  • conniewilkins56
    Or you could buy some Swansons Beef Broth!
  • NovusDies

It’s nice to have those great days when everything seems easier!...you are amazing!

'Amazing' is pretty generous. It is probably more accurate to say that since I have been doing this for 2.5 years I have a more tried and true understanding of how I really need to feed myself to generate those days.

Today I am feeling a bit more tired. I didn't sleep that well last night and even though I thought I would be resting more this week that hasn't happened. Tomorrow I have a food charity event which will probably wear me out again but I am okay with it. I am eating maintenance today plus eating in my system so it will be a really easy food day.

• Or you could buy some Swansons Beef Broth!

They add salt to that. Too much salt for my palate. And, quite frankly, once you've had homemade stock made with roasted bones and vegetables and slow-cooked for six hours, you find anything else insipid.

• NovusDies
    A mid twenty-ish guy showed up at my door to sell me a new exterminating service. Despite the fact that I have a "No Soliciting Unless You are Kids" sign on my front door I let him get away with being pushy for a few moments even though I said I was happy with my current exterminator. His, of course, was so much better. They even kill bugs 2 feet into the ground.

"Why would I want to kill the bugs going about their business in my yard? That is where I want them. Not in my house."

I guess his script didn't prepare him for that.

Mosquitoes and Fire Ants I want to keep controlled which my current exterminator does. Anything that eats my garden or landscaping vegetation I want to deal with personally. Everything else can do whatever it is they do as long as it is out there and not in my house.

Also, I do not switch services on whims and certainly not for a kid that can't read a sign. I am loyal to people who take good care of me.

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    A mid twenty-ish guy showed up at my door to sell me a new exterminating service. Despite the fact that I have a "No Soliciting Unless You are Kids" sign on my front door I let him get away with being pushy for a few moments even though I said I was happy with my current exterminator. His, of course, was so much better. They even kill bugs 2 feet into the ground.

"Why would I want to kill the bugs going about their business in my yard? That is where I want them. Not in my house."

I guess his script didn't prepare him for that.

Mosquitoes and Fire Ants I want to keep controlled which my current exterminator does. Anything that eats my garden or landscaping vegetation I want to deal with personally. Everything else can do whatever it is they do as long as it is out there and not in my house.

Also, I do not switch services on whims and certainly not for a kid that can't read a sign. I am loyal to people who take good care of me.

gotta love sales guys :)

I'm like you - as long as its not killing my fruit trees or my flowers or my lawn, I don't care if its in my yard. I usually even leave the spdiers in the corners of my house alone - usually. However, the eyelash spiders are getting to be too many so I plan to spray for them the next dusting cycle.

I even leave the garter and black snakes in the yard alone. For instance: I was putting gas in my riding mower Thursday evening and when I glanced up at the upper beam along the wall in the back, I saw 2 black beady eyes staring back at me attached to what had to be a 2 1/2 ft long black snake. I just backed my mower out of the shed, watched him fall off the wall then poke around corners in the shed, then just shrugged and went to mowing my lawn. I really don't care that he's in there; in fact, he's welcome to stay - he can keep the mice out of my shed. I'll just know to be watching for him so he doesn't startle me or I don't accidentally grab him by mistake!

So today is my bi weekly extra day off. I did manage to get the house plants watered and the garbage down to the bin to be picked up. I've gotten nothing else I planned done today. Instead, I spent 4 hours helping my mom and dad cut wood and clear brush. I figure I don't need a walk today after that - running that power saw (12" battery one then the 16" gas one) for most of that time has my arms feeling like jelly, and we're not done! I'm going to spray week killer again, then go hover and help mom unload the wagon and cut up the large branches then split what they brought up.

I'll definitely be needing pain killers tonight......
  • Too hot. Too humid.
    I did get the front room thoroughly deep-cleaned. Deep cleaning is when you move furniture and sweep/mop Under and Behind everything, wiped out the grooves in the window tracks, and aired the room out before it got awful this morning. Upended the soft furniture and ran the upholstery tool and the crevice tool over the undersides, too. By the time I got done, it was time to make lunch. (Monday lunch is always chicken quesadillas, with or without extra jalapenos, depending on people's taste.) Made that, ate it, determined that these days I can't eat a chicken quesadilla AND chips at the same time, and realized it was too blessed hot to work on the kitchen and the library. Girlfriend came out of her room and did dishes, and that helped a lot. But I was sore from upending furniture (surprise surprise...) and so went and laid down for a couple hours because it was too blessed hot to get anything else done. I seriously look forward to getting the twin bed for our guest room because today I would have napped on it. The guest room is smaller and the a/c unit newer.
    So I was still hot when I got up, and couldn't face cooking, so we got sandwiches. Then I sat around and gamed and drank lots of water, and felt blah. Until about nine-thirty, when everything cooled off and I could go clean the kitchen and the library. Going to wait to do the bathroom, the laundry room, the pantry, and the sunroom, though. I'm out of steam for today.