Watermelon good for you

KasimK
KasimK Posts: 14 Member
Are watermelons good for weight loss? How much is just the right amount to eat? (Grams)

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Weight loss is caused by being in a calorie deficit. Eat as much as you like just stay within your calorie deficit, and you'll lose weight.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    One serving of fruit is 80g so I guess you could use that as a figure to go by. Otherwise just eat as much as you want and make it fit to your calorie intake if that is a food you enjoy.
  • KasimK
    KasimK Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for that! Do you know if having, let say around 400grams of watermelon is bad for you.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    kasimRK wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Do you know if having, let say around 400grams of watermelon is bad for you.

Why would it be bad for you?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    kasimRK wrote: »

You might have to make extra trips to the bathroom for awhile. :) Other than that, I see no issues?
  • gategannesh
    gategannesh Posts: 12 Member
    Like all berries, watermelon contains a lot of sugar.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    According to Dr. Beyoncé's 2013 thesis titled "Drunk in Love" an amount such as 400g of watermelon may have other benefits 🍉
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    What's wrong with sugar from berries and watermelon?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I regularly eat 3-400g of mixed melons for breakfast and I seem ok. It's low calorie, filling and adds to my 5 a day. If you enjoy it then have it.