Morbidly Obese Crew( 300 and Up) Lets Unite

Replies

• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Highest weight was 570 in August 2009. Lowest weight was 369 in December 2010 and July 2011. Bouncing between 410 and 470 for the last 9 years. I was 467 last July. I'm currently 396. What has been different since July 2019?

Consistency. I'm not even exercising. I'll start somewhere around 380. What do I do differently? I found a way of eating that I don't have to think about. Protein, lettuce, cabbage, green beans, Atkins protein bars, and water. Ill have the occasional trip to McDonald's or Sonic, but that's it. I know how I looked at 369, so 300 with muscle is the goal. I'm 96 lbs away from my goal. Not to see a 4 at the beginning of my weight was such an emotional milestone after 9 years. Finally, finally, finally, I have the right mindset. I don't take this for granted like I did 9 years ago. Going to enjoy a nice bbq for Labor Day and go right back to what I'm doing. 370 by year's end is more than obtainable. It's realistic. If I do better, great, but hit that mark first.

You're 415, so 16 lbs away from being in the 300s. Focus on just that right now, 399. You're close. Keep going. Just keep going. Diet is 85% of losing weight. Increase that water, cut those carbs, focus on good protein, and watch that weight come off.
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    the diet is crucial. I work in a pizza place and used to eat pizza everyday. I haven't had any in about 3 weeks now. No pasta or chicken wings. I'll have a salad but am careful of what I put in it and use a little dressing. I make sure I bring healthy snacks and protein bars and shakes with me to work. One of my coworkers I just found out lost a 145lbs she was 300 now 155 and she did it in 1.5 years. So that keeps me optimistic.
  • brendog79
    Exercising will really help with your mood. Try doing a brisk walk while listening to some music that will keep you motivated. I used to only walk for about 8 to 13 min. But once I could breathe easier I can do walks of an 1hr to 1hr 20 min. If I want to and it only took a few weeks. Plus it will help with your calorie deficit in losing weight.
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    Though I've never quite hit 300 lbs, I've a long way to go in my journey as well. To any of you coming across this post, feel free to add me as a friend! Hats off to each and every one of you who've made the decision to turn your life around for the better. Truly, it's very inspiring. 💕
  • brendog79
    My sodium is almost always over. If your eating over 2000 calories probably more like 2500 if your closer to 400 lbs your always going to be over. Ive more than doubled my sodium before. Just try not to exceed your calories that mfp suggests and the weight will come off. Also try drinking beverages with 0 calories or close to it.
  • ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    I am just over 330, I was just under 330 on Thursday, but hen had a weekend at Disney World eating Pooh sized portions. I walked miles though so that probably helped.

Monday, back to it. I have no motivation to work out today, but I am going to be good with my food. Climb back on the wagon. I am doing this for the right reasons, health first, vanity second.

Always happy to have friends (accountability buddies) along the way
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Jax_Grim My compliments. Regards to all of you. <3 It took me 2.5 years to release 100 lbs. I'm in Maintenance now but every day I have to remember why I started in the first place. The brain, my brain enjoys flying by the seat of its pants. Structure, routine and consistency, consistency, consistency are key. I'm looking waaaay down the road. All of this took me month hunks of time. Don't let plateaus grind you down. Just keep tooling along when it happens.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Many times, words and emoticons are not enough. You don't know me and I don't know you but I do know that you are real. The social media thing. Most of us have been duped/catfished by it at one time or another. It's just the nature of the beast. You've put your heart on the line. You're a praying family man. o:) I can do my part, too.

In a nutshell and not the whole bushel, I understand the diabetes and those other struggles, too. I'm glad you're here. You've got friends in high places. o:)
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Hi everyone! I started at 347 now down to 334. My goal is to get down to 200, and then see what I'm working with :) I am currently doing intermittent fasting and watching my calories and exercising 4 times a week.