Embarrassing truths

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Aww @happimess01

Hey Brother I didn't say you weren't a fine specimen of manly... I said you weren't a hot chik πŸ˜‚

I'd pretend to like that curry if you made it too man πŸ˜‚

no worries, I didn't realize you were into footlongs πŸ˜‚πŸ€—

My therapist told me I need to pull that thorn out and own that *kitten* sometimes πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

Wish I was as brave as you and could openly admit to having this recurring dream of being overpowered by female bodybuilders, but I'm afraid that's not me.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Aww @happimess01

Hey Brother I didn't say you weren't a fine specimen of manly... I said you weren't a hot chik πŸ˜‚

I'd pretend to like that curry if you made it too man πŸ˜‚

no worries, I didn't realize you were into footlongs πŸ˜‚πŸ€—

My therapist told me I need to pull that thorn out and own that *kitten* sometimes πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

Wish I was as brave as you and could openly admit to having this recurring dream of being overpowered by female bodybuilders, but I'm afraid that's not me.

Hey Buddy... What happens in the man cave stays in the man cave... 😬
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    fstrickl wrote: Β»
    Truth: I’m following this thread just for the banter and it does not disappoint πŸ˜‚.

Truth be told... Part of the reason why I stay and come back is because this place has really helped me learn how to banter...

I'm much less shy in a group setting now and more willing to just say whatever I'm thinking..

I'm sure a big part of that is the weightloss... But a lot of it has to do with these people as well πŸ’•

This has been great place for me to practice behaving with confidence which has led me to feel more confident.

Sometimes

You know... Confidence is an interesting thing sometimes and can be pretty elusive...

I like to think there is a charm in the willingness to embarrass yourself... Although there is a fine line between embarrassing yourself and being creepy... 😬

Like for example if I say
    I like feet πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚... It's totally embarrassing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But if I'm overly confident about it and I'm all
    Hey, I like feet πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‰... It's kinda creepy πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

Although it helps that you guys kinda know me πŸ˜‚

Insightful, charming, and hugged
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I totally like feet πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚... There I said it...

🀒

Oh come on, is it really any different than being attracted to someone's @ss... I mean think about it 😬

as long as they clean

I won't even go there πŸ˜‚...

But no I mean, think about it... How clean is someone's @ss... I mean you can't tell me everyone showers every time they use the facilities πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

Especially if you pee sitting down πŸ˜‚

This is why I keep coming back. You can’t get these conversations irl

That's why I miss my youngest dd so much; these are exactly the kind of conversations we'd be having. Looking forward to Christmas again just for the laughs.

And presents. :)

Oh ok. And food.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I’m listening to the Newcomers podcast with Nicole Buyer and Lauren Lapkus. They’re watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time. It has reminded me of an embarrassing truth.

In junior high I was a HUGE LOTR fan. I probably had like 8 posters, all the soundtracks, special edition DVDs, behind the scenes book, just a super fan. But the embarrassing truth is that I spent hours pouring over the appendixes of the books to translate Elvish to English. I read the notes and drew the chart and figured out what symbols where what English sounds. I was so proud.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited August 2020
    I’m listening to the Newcomers podcast with Nicole Buyer and Lauren Lapkus. They’re watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time. It has reminded me of an embarrassing truth.

In junior high I was a HUGE LOTR fan. I probably had like 8 posters, all the soundtracks, special edition DVDs, behind the scenes book, just a super fan. But the embarrassing truth is that I spent hours pouring over the appendixes of the books to translate Elvish to English. I read the notes and drew the chart and figured out what symbols where what English sounds. I was so proud.

I love LOTR... This adorable, chiks who can speak Elvish is πŸ”₯...

Eta... Way less embarrassing than my admittions here πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚
  • fstrickl
    Unfortunately I can’t speak Elvish anymore. But I still really do love LOTR and may have kept some of my memorabilia. And my crush on Aragorn still persists. And then I learned Viggon Mortenson (the actor) didn’t use a fake sword for his sword fighting scenes, he used the real steel ones. I mean...*swoon*

Could that admission be LOTR related? The little Hobbit feet just do it for ya? πŸ˜‰
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Unfortunately I can’t speak Elvish anymore. But I still really do love LOTR and may have kept some of my memorabilia. And my crush on Aragorn still persists. And then I learned Viggon Mortenson (the actor) didn’t use a fake sword for his sword fighting scenes, he used the real steel ones. I mean...*swoon*

Could that admission be LOTR related? The little Hobbit feet just do it for ya? πŸ˜‰

OMG you did not just bump that πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚...

I prefer the Elves actually πŸ˜‚... And if I'm being perfectly honest, I've always had a serious thing for the lady of wood...

Like I totally wish she had taken the ring because I would totally love her and despair πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚...
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm probably the one person on the planet who hasn't read/watched anything related to LOTR. Eek. OR Game of Thrones. :/

I need to catch up.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»
    I'm probably the one person on the planet who hasn't read/watched anything related to LOTR. Eek. OR Game of Thrones. :/

I need to catch up.

you're not alone, I haven't either :)
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

I need to catch up.

you're not alone, I haven't either :)

Me either 😊
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I forgot to feed my dogs this morning 😭 I'm a horrible person
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member

I feel this so much :D All my friends and I had a thing for Orlando Bloom, but my one friend was OBSESSED and claimed Legolas as her husband because middle schoolers say stupid things. Anyway, my dad tried to be cool and bought me a TON of LOTR posters for Christmas... Along with a life-size Legolas cardboard cutout. My friend didn't like me much after that because I was "copying her" and "stealing her crush."

My embarrassing thing: back in those days I put my name into an online Elvish generator. I still use a variation of my Elvish name as a gaming handle.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I forgot to feed my dogs this morning 😭 I'm a horrible person

Wait! We have to feed them?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I had a Orlando Bloom poster in my room and I did kiss it sometimes. I also wrote a love letter to his fan mail.
  • fstrickl
    I feel this so much :D All my friends and I had a thing for Orlando Bloom, but my one friend was OBSESSED and claimed Legolas as her husband because middle schoolers say stupid things. Anyway, my dad tried to be cool and bought me a TON of LOTR posters for Christmas... Along with a life-size Legolas cardboard cutout. My friend didn't like me much after that because I was "copying her" and "stealing her crush."

My embarrassing thing: back in those days I put my name into an online Elvish generator. I still use a variation of my Elvish name as a gaming handle.
    I had a Orlando Bloom poster in my room and I did kiss it sometimes. I also wrote a love letter to his fan mail.

I definitely made an Orlando Bloom collage poster for one of my friends. For me I had the below poster by my bed 😍

hsxzmrie5c3p.jpeg
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member

Me too!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member

I definitely made an Orlando Bloom collage poster for one of my friends. For me I had the below poster by my bed 😍

hsxzmrie5c3p.jpeg

mp2bzign5k7r.jpeg

This was the one for me.
    I also had a page from a magazine of Harrison Ford and I cut his wife out of it. πŸ˜…πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ