saggy breasts and only 21

Options
13»

Replies

• jdh419
    jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    momentai wrote: »
    I spend way to much time wording about it.
    I never had perky breasts even when I weighed more, but now that I lose weight they look terrible. They have not shrunk much still fit the same cup different band size, but they look deflated and empty.
    I'm only 21 is there a way for them to get better?
    I still have 20ish pounds to lose.
    My biggest insecurity are my breasts, I'm young and have the breasts of a 40 year old woman that had like five kids. :(

The best way to handle this is, matter how bad it gets, don't degrade yourself; especially in front of others. Don't let them see you sweat! We all have insecurities but when we air them that's when people take advantage. Stand up with pride! Buy the best bra, do chest exercises, eat right and be the best you. After that, if you still don't like what you see, you could get small implants or a lift. BTW I am 56 and when I was in my 40s my boobs didn't sag. It wasn't until the has few years that them puppies started going south. Genetics has a lot to do with it, as well as how you treat yourself. Weight training helps lift the muscle which makes your boobises appear firmer. 😊😊😊🤪🤪🤪❤❤❤
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So we determined this is a zombie thread, it doesn't matter, I am sure others feel the same way.
    I will go against the norm response here and say, let them babies breathe.

A couple years ago I lost between 40-50 pounds during a broken shoulder issue. I was not able to fasten my bra, so I went almost 6 months just wearing an extra tank top and no bra. I found my breast were actually in better shape then wearing a bra, they were becoming "perky" again and I have 4 kids and was in my mid 40s at that time.

Loosing weight, that is the first place weight disappears for me. So instead of a firmer bra I say... let them breathe more and work on your posture.

There have been studies done that have shown regular bra use can weaken the supporting ligaments and muscles, while not wearing one makes your body do the work of supporting your breasts, which can help with sagging and back pain.

I don't have any of that info handy, but anecdotally it seems true in my personal experience and comparing notes with other women. It doesn't make any difference for whatever our genetics hand us or personal aesthetics; I'd consider it just another reason to work on strengthening exercises, and maybe forgo the bra at home.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    gcminton wrote: »
    So we determined this is a zombie thread, it doesn't matter, I am sure others feel the same way.

A couple years ago I lost between 40-50 pounds during a broken shoulder issue. I was not able to fasten my bra, so I went almost 6 months just wearing an extra tank top and no bra. I found my breast were actually in better shape then wearing a bra, they were becoming "perky" again and I have 4 kids and was in my mid 40s at that time.

Loosing weight, that is the first place weight disappears for me. So instead of a firmer bra I say... let them breathe more and work on your posture.

There have been studies done that have shown regular bra use can weaken the supporting ligaments and muscles, while not wearing one makes your body do the work of supporting your breasts, which can help with sagging and back pain.

I don't have any of that info handy, but anecdotally it seems true in my personal experience and comparing notes with other women. It doesn't make any difference for whatever our genetics hand us or personal aesthetics; I'd consider it just another reason to work on strengthening exercises, and maybe forgo the bra at home.

trust me, when I was in a DD cup, no amount of natural lift was going keep those puppies up and perky. And I went with and without the bra and I'll take with the bra any day for support to alleviate the back pain caused by going without any support at all.

Now I'm down to a C cup and while they might look deflated, I don't really care - I'm thrilled to see and feel that weight gone! Without the bra now doesn't cause any back pain now that they are smaller, but I still prefer with the bra just to keep them out of the way.......

I just figured it was life - most of the women in my mom's family were very fully chested so sagging breasts were what was normal to me and I didn't think twice about it. Course, other than my doctor on occasion, I'm the only one who sees 'em these days lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    gcminton wrote: »

Probably why older women in cultures where toplessness is/was a cultural norm, and hard muscular work common, are/were as perky as teenagers, eh?

Except, if National Geographic and equivalent are to be believed, they weren't.

Call me skeptical.

And as bmeadows said, size is relevant. Before the surgeon stole mine for cause, I was mostly a A cup, even when obese (it's hard to find a 42A, so sometimes wore B, because I'm cheap - no sense in spending the big bucks when coverage for work and such was more the issue than good support). I didn't sag, wasn't likely ever to sag. Not enough gravitational challenge.

Certainly, though, strong underlying tissue can be helpful to some, to some extent, in certain ways.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Probably why older women in cultures where toplessness is/was a cultural norm, and hard muscular work common, are/were as perky as teenagers, eh?

Except, if National Geographic and equivalent are to be believed, they weren't.

Call me skeptical.

And as bmeadows said, size is relevant. Before the surgeon stole mine for cause, I was mostly a A cup, even when obese (it's hard to find a 42A, so sometimes wore B, because I'm cheap - no sense in spending the big bucks when coverage for work and such was more the issue than good support). I didn't sag, wasn't likely ever to sag. Not enough gravitational challenge.

Certainly, though, strong underlying tissue can be helpful to some, to some extent, in certain ways.

Oh I'm certainly taking the info with a grain of salt, especially since I don't have the studies handy, but comparing notes to other women about this is interesting. We all have different genetics, muscle mass, breast shape, etc. so speculating is just that.

My breasts are large enough (yay G cup, and sadly "growing" in cup size as I lose fat) that I do run into quite a few people who expect me to have back pain because THEY have back pain with the same cup size or smaller (or know someone who does), and they complain about sagging, and are always always ALWAYS wearing a bra if they're awake and not showering.

I'm in my mid-30s, don't have back pain at all and have shockingly little sagging. I also only wear a bra if I'm going out in public, and have decent upper body strength, particularly compared to the women I've previously compared notes with.

I could easily believe it's just the luck of genetics. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I haven't changed my bra habits, and don't intend to, but it's interesting to wonder how much it does make a difference.