What's on your mind?

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Sometimes questions posted here make me really think...I answer, then sometimes I get paranoid that I'm in a social experiment and being psychologized

...what if mfp is a social experiment? They get a lot of varied voluntary data from users and personality input

But so many of us give "fake" answers...skewing data completely...???? Or...wait...am i apart of this research 😬
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Sometimes questions posted here make me really think...I answer, then sometimes I get paranoid that I'm in a social experiment and being psychologized

...what if mfp is a social experiment? They get a lot of varied voluntary data from users and personality input

But so many of us give "fake" answers...skewing data completely...???? Or...wait...am i apart of this research 😬

Oh ya, the "married vs single" stats and "how many calories were in that wine/peanut butter I didn't log" stats would be waaay skewed

...and yes, yes you are part of the research b/c our cell phone cameras (and the alien intelligence agents) SEE EVERYTHING
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I've got news for you honey... This whole damn reality is one giant social experiment created by advanced us from the past or future... However you look at it...

😬🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Me to my son...

You know son, you may think you're treated unfairly and held to much stricter standards than your little sister...

But just wait until you guys are teenagers, because I'm likely to be waayy more strict with her, and probably let you get away with waayy more than she ever could 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Vikka_V

I've got news for you honey... This whole damn reality is one giant social experiment created by advanced us from the past or future... However you look at it...

😬🤷🏽‍♂️

See, I like these ideas. Makes me feel like everything will be "ok" and "most things are out of my control" - it's comforting.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

😬🤷🏽‍♂️

See, I like these ideas. Makes me feel like everything will be "ok" and "most things are out of my control" - it's comforting.

It's amazing how this theory pretty much solves everything, right down to why we have not made contact with extraterrestrials yet 🤷🏽‍♂️...

It also explains how the future and past can be happening at the same time and why we experience it like a movie 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm pretty scared now 😬😂...
  • Vikka_V
    edited August 2020
    Me to my son...

You know son, you may think you're treated unfairly and held to much stricter standards than your little sister...

But just wait until you guys are teenagers, because I'm likely to be waayy more strict with her, and probably let you get away with waayy more than she ever could 🤷🏽‍♂️

NO NO NO!

...little tip, my brother and I are one year apart. We always did everything super fair, split things right down the middle type stuff. As a teenager my mom requested extra stuff from me and wanted my brother to accompany my friends and me when we went out (which he didnt want to - he wanted to stay home and play video games)

...know what that causes? Teen-aged girl rebellion...the reason I don't want kids and if I did I sure as helk wouldn't want a daughter (like me)

...be forewarned

Treat her fairly and equally, Trust her

Teach her the stuff you teach your boy too. I don't know how to change a tire and used to get other people to pump my gas (I can do it now, but have never put in swisher wiper fluid)

I did watch and help my more capable friend change my headlight bulb tho - she broke it in the fixture and I figured out how to get it out!

Anyhow, my 'not a parent' advice is to treat them the same and provide the same life skills to both...and trust you are building their confidence and skill sets...gender exclusive

Fair is square!!
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    The people in Louisiana and Texas that are in for a nightmare tonight. This storm exploded overnight and it doesn't look good. I'm sure some of you may be affected by this. I wish the best for you

My family are going to get direct hits. I was able to thankfully talk my grandmother into leaving. I ended up evacuating last minute. From what I’m reading in local Facebook groups is lake Charles and Sulphur is already without power. I’m my area where I live is getting tornado spin offs already. Plus the poor lady in the news looks like she might fly away if she doesn’t go inside soon.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

😬🤷🏽‍♂️

It's amazing how this theory pretty much solves everything, right down to why we have not made contact with extraterrestrials yet 🤷🏽‍♂️...

It also explains how the future and past can be happening at the same time and why we experience it like a movie 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I'm pretty scared now 😬😂...

You ever reach a point in a discussion where your eyes cross and your brain goes whoa, back up? Me=here=now
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited August 2020
    Damn...

I tried so hard to give my daughter a unique cool name that wasn't over popularized like, Cayden or Aiden...

And now Katy Perry names her daughter Daisy 🙄...
    Now everyone is going to be freaking doing it 🙄...

Or they are going to think that we did it because she did it... Even worse 🙈

I'm really upset about this 😂
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Damn...

I tried so hard to give my daughter a unique cool name that wasn't over popularized like, Cayden or Aiden...

And now Katy Perry names her daughter Daisy 🙄...
    Now everyone is going to be freaking doing it 🙄...

Or they are going to think that we did it because she did it... Even worse 🙈

I'm really upset about this 😂

Your Daisy is the reason for the hype.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Me to my son...

NO NO NO!

...little tip, my brother and I are one year apart. We always did everything super fair, split things right down the middle type stuff. As a teenager my mom requested extra stuff from me and wanted my brother to accompany my friends and me when we went out (which he didnt want to - he wanted to stay home and play video games)

...know what that causes? Teen-aged girl rebellion...the reason I don't want kids and if I did I sure as helk wouldn't want a daughter (like me)

...be forewarned

Teach her the stuff you teach your boy too. I don't know how to change a tire and used to get other people to pump my gas (I can do it now, but have never put in swisher wiper fluid)

I did watch and help my more capable friend change my headlight bulb tho - she broke it in the fixture and I figured out how to get it out!

Anyhow, my 'not a parent' advice is to treat them the same and provide the same life skills to both...and trust you are building their confidence and skill sets...gender exclusive

Fair is square!!

I see what you're saying and while I appreciate your input, I respectfully disagree although not completely...

There is a reason why Mara had a stronger sense for danger compared to Luke...

I guess I want my son to be more like my father, and my daughter to be more like my mother... One brave albeit maybe a bit too nice and willing to help people, one wise and maybe a bit too overly critical... 😂

I wonder if all subconsciously try to raise kids like our parents... At least those who had good experiences with their parents...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    And just to add, they can barely maintain a logging platform, data analysis can take quite a bit of horsepower :)

Maybe thats why they can barely maintain a logging platform - all the resources are going into data analysis!

giphy.gif
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I was told that when my hair grew back it could grow out curly, my hair grew out straight until yesterday morning. Not sure what happened over night but if my hair would be red I'd look like Annie the Orphan 😅
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

I don’t know anything about your curly hair, but I have curly hair and I sleep with it in a pineapple (basically a high pony tail) and am pretty much able to take it out give my head a few shakes and go. Sometimes I spray some water with a bit of conditioner or curl cream in it and give it a scrunch. I highly recommend sleeping with a pineapple!

No ponytail for me 😅 I lost all of my hair when i was going through chemo. It started to grow again but all of a sudden it's curly AF and my hair is only like 2 inches long at the moment😂 I'll have to try that when my hair is longer if it's still curly. Thanks for the tips xox

Well, you rock it then! Hope you're feeling healthy and kicking it<3

ps: sorry I was late in replying to this . . .
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Me to my son...

NO NO NO!

...be forewarned

Fair is square!!

just yesterday a very strict parent friend told me how she came home mid-day last week to check on her kid who was virtual schooling and found a boy hiding in the closet in his underwear so i think this is right
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Me to my son...

NO NO NO!

...be forewarned

Fair is square!!

just yesterday a very strict parent friend told me how she came home mid-day last week to check on her kid who was virtual schooling and found a boy hiding in the closet in his underwear so i think this is right

terrible. just terrible. you know back in my day we respected women.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    I was told that when my hair grew back it could grow out curly, my hair grew out straight until yesterday morning. Not sure what happened over night but if my hair would be red I'd look like Annie the Orphan 😅
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

I don’t know anything about your curly hair, but I have curly hair and I sleep with it in a pineapple (basically a high pony tail) and am pretty much able to take it out give my head a few shakes and go. Sometimes I spray some water with a bit of conditioner or curl cream in it and give it a scrunch. I highly recommend sleeping with a pineapple!

No ponytail for me 😅 I lost all of my hair when i was going through chemo. It started to grow again but all of a sudden it's curly AF and my hair is only like 2 inches long at the moment😂 I'll have to try that when my hair is longer if it's still curly. Thanks for the tips xox

Well, you rock it then! Hope you're feeling healthy and kicking it<3

ps: sorry I was late in replying to this . . .

@Miss_Chiev0us
    That friend I told you about, I hadn’t see her since late last summer. I saw her a few weeks ago and her hair is back to its regular straight texture! It was soooo curly. I didn’t think it would go back, I had no idea. She looked good either way but she’s more comfortable like this.