New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    p50tk7wgtudh.png

My region never gets all the good, new flavors. :(

AND I think we ran out of the little sugar pushers (parents) at work. My boss would end up buying like 40 boxes of cookies in total.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    p50tk7wgtudh.png

Wow these look interesting and giant! Id like to try them. I've actually never had girlscout cookies. (I know I am missing out, lol)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    g4uud5qqa8wt.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    g4uud5qqa8wt.jpeg

so basically just sugar and cinnamon? lol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    g4uud5qqa8wt.jpeg

so basically just sugar and cinnamon? lol

And lots of coughing when you accidentally inhale it.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    New to the community, just looking for ideas on getting easy vegetables for snack food with little or no prep.

Baby carrots (they are cut from big carrots and peeled by mechanical polishing). I know I will never get around to doing any peeling, so that's what I buy...

And anything packaged by Mann.

Mann's sugar snap peas are wonderful right out of the bag, every part is edible. Warning: they are addictively good.

Anything else by Mann likewise. You can snack on their raw broccoli, cauliflower florets for example. Green Giant has decent broccoli and cauliflower in bags in the refrigerated section, but stay away from their sugar snap peas. Really bad. Mostly inedible. Mann's is always good.

Mann's has good broccoli slaw also - I like to toss it in a bowl and mix in some eggfree mayo or whatever once I have devoured a lot of it plain. I even added some gloppy sesame tahini once and it was quite good.

Cabbage slaw can be used the same way.

Shredded or thinly cut carrots can be mixed with chopped onions and peanut butter etc. to make a wonderful sandwich filling or dip or big lettuce leaf filling or rolled up in a wrap or a deli slice or just eaten by its wonderful self. Any crunchy veg can replace or be added to the carrots. If you blend it in a good blender, it becomes a real uniform dip consistency.

If you can find it - the big stalk of broccoli is very tasty if the woody skin is properly peeled off. I once found bags of the peeled stalk cut horizontally to make stackable chips that were excellent. Mann's made them and called them Broccoli Clovers because the cross sectional pieces looked like clovers (sort of).

Also you don't have to peel or cook zucchini and yellow summer squash, just wash & slice & eat like cucumbers.

English cucumbers are no-brainer also - everything is edible. Don't have to peel or scoop out the soft and tasty seeds. They come in small sizes (usually in a package of several) if you don't want to use a knife at all to slice a big one....

Radishes are very tasty if you like spicy. Have to wash and chop off peculiar parts, but after that you can just gnaw on them.

Good celery is very tasty but you do have to wash it first. The hearts might be less trouble to prep.

Mushrooms are nice to just slice and eat raw, but take a little work to wipe off dirt. I just wet a paper towel for the job, they don't do well immersed in water unless you intend to cook them anyway. I find it easier to do this for whole mushrooms and then I just slice them through the cap and stalk. They sell sliced mushrooms, but the ones I've had still needed to be wiped clean.

Any color of sweet bell pepper is nice for munching, but you do need to cut them and pull out the seeds (and remove anything you don't like). The mini bell peppers sold in bags would be easiest for that. You pretty much can just pull those apart with your hands (maybe slice off the top) and pick out the little bit of seeds.

You can eat any of these plain, or dip in some salad dressing or nut/seed/peanut or other legume butter or hummus. If you are away from home, you can get 1oz or 2oz containers with tight lids that are marketed for people making their own baby food and freezing, but are good for holding small amounts of such dips for your snack or bag lunch.

I like to get Lilly's hummus cups - they are shelf-stable and contain about 2oz of hummus (just right for me) and when you're done eating the hummus, they make excellent small containers to hold or weigh small amounts of stuff/food and eat from. They seem to hold about 1/4 of a cup.

If you eat sandwiches - they can be filled to the brim with any green you like, including shredded cabbage or broccoli. I've managed to get as much as 1oz of greens into a regular sandwich... Be ready for lots of overflow, I use a bigger plate. I like to also have stacks of other raw veg/mushrooms on the side as well.

Or you can have sandwich in a bowl - I use a big 7-cup bowl and fill it half way with greens, then add raw veg. I eat a lot of it plain but eventually usually add some eggfree mayo or dressing or mashed avocado. Pieces of good bread can also be added to the bowl if there is room... but aren't actually necessary.

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    jwoolman5 wrote: »
    New to the community, just looking for ideas on getting easy vegetables for snack food with little or no prep.

Baby carrots (they are cut from big carrots and peeled by mechanical polishing). I know I will never get around to doing any peeling, so that's what I buy...

And anything packaged by Mann.

Mann's sugar snap peas are wonderful right out of the bag, every part is edible. Warning: they are addictively good.

Anything else by Mann likewise. You can snack on their raw broccoli, cauliflower florets for example. Green Giant has decent broccoli and cauliflower in bags in the refrigerated section, but stay away from their sugar snap peas. Really bad. Mostly inedible. Mann's is always good.

Mann's has good broccoli slaw also - I like to toss it in a bowl and mix in some eggfree mayo or whatever once I have devoured a lot of it plain. I even added some gloppy sesame tahini once and it was quite good.

Cabbage slaw can be used the same way.

Shredded or thinly cut carrots can be mixed with chopped onions and peanut butter etc. to make a wonderful sandwich filling or dip or big lettuce leaf filling or rolled up in a wrap or a deli slice or just eaten by its wonderful self. Any crunchy veg can replace or be added to the carrots. If you blend it in a good blender, it becomes a real uniform dip consistency.

If you can find it - the big stalk of broccoli is very tasty if the woody skin is properly peeled off. I once found bags of the peeled stalk cut horizontally to make stackable chips that were excellent. Mann's made them and called them Broccoli Clovers because the cross sectional pieces looked like clovers (sort of).

Also you don't have to peel or cook zucchini and yellow summer squash, just wash & slice & eat like cucumbers.

English cucumbers are no-brainer also - everything is edible. Don't have to peel or scoop out the soft and tasty seeds. They come in small sizes (usually in a package of several) if you don't want to use a knife at all to slice a big one....

Radishes are very tasty if you like spicy. Have to wash and chop off peculiar parts, but after that you can just gnaw on them.

Good celery is very tasty but you do have to wash it first. The hearts might be less trouble to prep.

Mushrooms are nice to just slice and eat raw, but take a little work to wipe off dirt. I just wet a paper towel for the job, they don't do well immersed in water unless you intend to cook them anyway. I find it easier to do this for whole mushrooms and then I just slice them through the cap and stalk. They sell sliced mushrooms, but the ones I've had still needed to be wiped clean.

Any color of sweet bell pepper is nice for munching, but you do need to cut them and pull out the seeds (and remove anything you don't like). The mini bell peppers sold in bags would be easiest for that. You pretty much can just pull those apart with your hands (maybe slice off the top) and pick out the little bit of seeds.

You can eat any of these plain, or dip in some salad dressing or nut/seed/peanut or other legume butter or hummus. If you are away from home, you can get 1oz or 2oz containers with tight lids that are marketed for people making their own baby food and freezing, but are good for holding small amounts of such dips for your snack or bag lunch.

I like to get Lilly's hummus cups - they are shelf-stable and contain about 2oz of hummus (just right for me) and when you're done eating the hummus, they make excellent small containers to hold or weigh small amounts of stuff/food and eat from. They seem to hold about 1/4 of a cup.

If you eat sandwiches - they can be filled to the brim with any green you like, including shredded cabbage or broccoli. I've managed to get as much as 1oz of greens into a regular sandwich... Be ready for lots of overflow, I use a bigger plate. I like to also have stacks of other raw veg/mushrooms on the side as well.

Or you can have sandwich in a bowl - I use a big 7-cup bowl and fill it half way with greens, then add raw veg. I eat a lot of it plain but eventually usually add some eggfree mayo or dressing or mashed avocado. Pieces of good bread can also be added to the bowl if there is room... but aren't actually necessary.

You speak my language with those veggies. I eat pretty much those same things every single day. Love them all! And you're right about Mann's sugar snap peas. I could eat a bag of those like done people eat potato chips. Delish!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2020
    https://www.ideafit.com/zoneperfect/ free sample box zone bars vl593jva6jkq.png

And 30% off quest bar product Purchase with code IDEA30
  • pancakerunner
    https://www.ideafit.com/zoneperfect/ free sample box zone bars vl593jva6jkq.png

And 30% off quest bar product Purchase with code IDEA30

these are gross imo
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Good deal $1 for box of 20 bars. They are really good! I got the pink and yellow. Kind of like larabars but softer and with more of a crunch. Really soft and lots of small chunks of nuts throughout. 98 calories per bar. Take the quiz until you get the yellow and pink. The yellow ingredients are just dates, cashews, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts. On the website it says the ingredients are dates almonds and apples... so kinda weird.

I recommend using paypal or paypal with a visa gift card with only a few bucks on it so you can easily cancel if they every try to charge you more. I emailed them after getting them and they said it's not a subscription like it says when you sign up and only if you want to continue you will be charged again.

m3sqt6s1bt32.jpg
    brdd3n4l6ary.jpg
    068pcf39we76.jpg

https://shop.myair.ai/

I got mine recently and they are yummy! I got pink and purple and can’t taste much difference, but great snack/light breakfast on the go. Thanks for always posting these. 😊
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Random - saw Smart Sweet gummy at my local Walmart. Just the Sweet Fish ones. I had no clue they stocked them. Wish they had the new watermelon ones for me to try before I splurge on an order box.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    upb15oav4n23.jpeg

@busyPK yay glad you liked them!! 😊I love sharing freebies with you guys!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2020
    0zadl9y5pcwn.jpeg
    0ya2jh4myta2.jpege1c8scofrjdu.jpg
    0puzdojhgpdb.jpg

These are SO good! I usually roast my cauliflower and broccoli until it is crispy and thats exactly what it tastes like but better. Kind of like puffed snacks. There is tons of BBQ seasoning on it. Awesome flavor. Really spicy though for a BBQ flavor.

Got these free with one of those facebook ad rebates! Here is the link in case any of you guys want to try them too! https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=169373561421748&id=111906510501787

I got my refund gift card as soon as it shipped from amazon!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2020
    https://www.facebook.com/DangFoods/posts/3251774714902559

Dang foods free bar rebate. Just ordered one and got gift card after it shipped to me! Anyone try these before? Any good?

Sharing in case others want to try them :smile:

g9coranvlk27.png
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    bx2pt16kqzk8.jpeg

:)

I am going to have to look for these. Oh my. I loovvve sour.
  • MeganD1704

Dang foods free bar rebate. Just ordered one and got gift card after it shipped to me! Anyone try these before? Any good?

g9coranvlk27.png

I've had them before,they are okay but not my first thing I reach for. This is the text I got when i clicked the link- I wonder why they think its deodorant ?! lol

"FREE KETO BAR!? Grab a favorite low carb keto bar! Click "Learn More" Below!
    Get 100% off plus Free Shipping on this top-rated and best-selling deodorant Today Only!
    Free Shipping for Amazon Prime customers. Limited Quantities available."
  • MeganD1704
    Also if you are keto in Canada- these hungry buddha tripple chocolate bars are 44% off currently. A steal for keto in Canada haha

https://naturamarket.ca/hungry-buddha-triple-chocolate-keto-bars-12-bars.html
  • Noreenmarie1234
    MeganD1704 wrote: »

g9coranvlk27.png

I've had them before,they are okay but not my first thing I reach for. This is the text I got when i clicked the link- I wonder why they think its deodorant ?! lol

Get 100% off plus Free Shipping on this top-rated and best-selling deodorant Today Only!

LOL it is because they copied an old ad they had for deodorant I think. Too funny!
  • pancakerunner
    MeganD1704 wrote: »

g9coranvlk27.png

LOL it is because they copied an old ad they had for deodorant I think. Too funny!

Lol. I work in the ad industry and have done something similar :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    These are just okay. Not great but not bad. Just taste like pumpkin seeds coated with mild chocolate pb flavor. 5q4njdd9qe5x.jpeg
    zpjcx11hxdu3.jpeg