New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• TrishTherkelsen67
    TrishTherkelsen67 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Trish, from Ireland. Not new to MFP but since I first started had some health issues to deal with and weight problem was sort of sidelined. At 53, I feel old and unfit, but young at heart so at odds with how my body is performing for me. I think it has taken me forever to get over the psychological hang ups that make me over eat. I am ready to change my eating habits for good. I can be very disciplined but struggle to actually eat enough good food now. A gum problem has my mouth very sore at the moment, but as I am only getting going this week I am trying to be kind to myself. I usually don't share much of myself on social media, and am not good at asking for help or support- ironic since that's what i do for a living. (I'm a psychotherapist) OH wait now... the walking wounded!! I would like to connect with anyone who identifies and is open to sharing their journey. I want to stay motivated and hope to finally succeed at reaching my goal weight and being able to stay there.
  • kdog223
    kdog223 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm kaitlin im down 100 lbs since 2017. It has been a long road. Now im trying to get rid of my last 45 lbs. I am very active and eat clean but I believe my intake was too low. I added this app to help me stay on top of how much im really eating.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    kdog223 wrote: »
    Hi I'm kaitlin im down 100 lbs since 2017. It has been a long road. Now im trying to get rid of my last 45 lbs. I am very active and eat clean but I believe my intake was too low. I added this app to help me stay on top of how much im really eating.

So below 50 is more reasonable for the body to start slowing the rate of loss, 30-50 is good for 1.5 weekly.

A stressed body is going to stop cooperating with your efforts. If already doing less than that then great.

Great job on sticking to it.

Ever taken a purposeful week diet break - eating up around maintenance, to reset the hormones?
  • kazza247
    kazza247 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there , I'm Kaz and I'm from the land down under...Just signed up with a nutrition coach trying to get rid of 15kg of body fat... Ive been using mfp on and off for 10 years but just seem yoyo... I'm 52 and want to get into the best shape of my life so lets see how this goes...
  • khogans02
    khogans02 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone I am once again on the weight loss journey; currently I weigh 205 and I would like to loss about 35lbs. I do walk most days at least 4 days a week but my diet is not the best and I am currently working on that. We can do this everyone regardless of where we are we can do it. I have done it before and will do it again.
  • stacykelley68
    stacykelley68 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I’ve been using the My Fitness Pal app for about 2 weeks now. Thought I would join a few of the groups to meet like minded people!

• saxmancat
    saxmancat Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,

My name is Alan and I have struggled with weight loss all my life, I have twice taken off 6 stone and regained it as to do this I was going to the gym 5 nights a week and as soon as I stopped the gym I started putting the weight on again. My hope this time is to try and reduce my weight by more sensible eating and a lot more walking, since the start of July this year I have taken off 23 pounds and my hope by April next year is to have taken another 4.5 stone off. Is it usual for large amounts of weight to come off near the end of a month as I'm finding at the moment that I can go a month with no loss then suddenly I will drop 6 pounds or so.
  • lisazeman7635
    lisazeman7635 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello All, I am new to this blog. I had been doing V. shred but got tired of the recipes and wanted some new healthy ways to eat. I only lost 6lbs in a month and a bit frustrated. Stating weight 179 and now I am 173
  • churchtown67
    churchtown67 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi I am Jo from uk . I have been spending my money for years on WW and am now heavier than I was the day before having my 2nd 16 years ago ! So in fact the baby weight not only has shifted its increasing lol 😂. I have ADHD with more D than H and more hypo than hyper ! Looking forward to any support x
  • BurningThyme201
    BurningThyme201 Posts: 13 Member
    From Florida and over 100#'s overweight & in the summer I feel like a self basting turkey. That's it...a Butterball!!. I have been back on Fitnesspal app now for over 2 weeks and still floundering. Eat more to weigh less, is that possible? The last group that I was in ended up inactive.
  • heybales
    The more accurate name is too long to be catchy.

Eat more than bare minimum to sustainably lose weight.

Basically it's called not doing extreme diets which are major cause of 80% failure rate to reach or maintain goal weight.
  • tonyaagnes1573
    tonyaagnes1573 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Tonya. I'm new to EM2WL - I read something the other night when I was trying to determine what my daily calorie intake should be that stated, you must EM2WL - seemed odd, but here I am. I've had MFP before but fell off the tech concept but I have recently found the benefits of logging especially trying to keep an eye on my sodium intake. I'm not really sure where to begin on this journey, I have been eating clean, tracking food and started walking this week as well. Looking fwd. to ANY guides & tips for this long lifelong journey ahead. Feel free to add me, I do know that accountability is key!
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm just rejoining EM2WL. I was a member about 6 years ago, but my journey was sidetracked after we had a house fire. I was down about 50lbs then regained it all. I got back on the path last year, and I'm over 100lbs down. I brought my calories back up (was eating around 1500ish and now back over 2k) this month and now I'm concentrating on strength training. I am back in the gym for the first time since high school, and looking forward to getting this next step of my journey going.
  • MPyLP
    MPyLP Posts: 25 Member
    Hi there I'm MPyLP I'm a 38 yr old 5'4 mom of 3 who currently weighs 155. I want to lose or try to lose 30 lbs by late May I already watch what I eat workout and I'd like to add more protein and fiber to my diet. I've been diagnosed with Endo and my excess weight is a HUGE risk factor for me so I'm trying to reduce the excess and get back to how I was 3 yrs ago
  • heybales
    MPyLP wrote: »
    Hi there I'm MPyLP I'm a 38 yr old 5'4 mom of 3 who currently weighs 155. I want to lose or try to lose 30 lbs by late May I already watch what I eat workout and I'd like to add more protein and fiber to my diet. I've been diagnosed with Endo and my excess weight is a HUGE risk factor for me so I'm trying to reduce the excess and get back to how I was 3 yrs ago

Welcome.
    I'll start out mentioning that time based weight-loss goals are fraught with aggravation and stress - don't even start down that road.
    Because weight loss is not linear, but you up the stress and you can guarantee you'll gain water weight masking scale loss and likely increasing your stress then.
    And body in that state will adapt making it even harder and making it fight your efforts.

30 lbs in basically 4 months is almost 2 lbs weekly - while that is a reasonable (as in not stressing body and making it adapt in negative ways) rate of loss if you have over 50 lbs to lose, it's ONLY when you have over 50 lbs to lose, then the rate should lower to not cause stress on body as you go below, and lower again and again as less fat is there.

The less fat you have stored, especially compared to prior, the more stressed the body is by undereating by certain amount.
    And with a disease your body is already under stress - what is reasonable for others will not be for you.

I'd like to help anyone not become part of the 80% of dieters that fail to reach goal weight or maintain for a year, and repeat again next year.
    Bad for the body and mind, develops a terrible relationship with body and food. Read the comments from those women on MFP in their late 50's & 60's who wished they hadn't wasted their lives away doing yo-yo extreme dieting.

Suggest you make it reasonable, which at this point is 1 lb weekly loss.
    When down to last 15 if NOT losing 1 lb weekly, change to 1/2 lb weekly. If you were losing 1 lb weekly can wait until 10 lbs left to switch.
    Use MFP correctly - don't put in sedentary when you are a mother of 3 "just to be on the safe side".
    You are easily Light-Active outside exercise.
    That eating goal already has the 500 cal deficit to lose 1 lb weekly, when you do no exercise.

Again to using correctly - if you do more you eat more to keep the 500 only deficit.
    Log your workouts honestly, and if you comment what you do for workouts get some assistance on realistic calorie burns to log, and eat that much extra on those days.

This group is all about stopping the cycle of yo-yo dieting, and getting strong from workouts - both of which require stopping the extreme type diets that frankly 2lbs weekly would be.
    Hope you can reread this info to balance out all the extreme diet encouragement out there available people get excited about.

• atroanirbas
    atroanirbas Posts: 87 Member
    Hi, I am Sabrina. I am 42 and have been working on my fitness journey for a Hot minute. I stay pretty active most of the time. I weigh 212 and would like to be 175 at some point.. Just here to see any tips and tricks that I can implement. TIA
  • erinannekaufman
    erinannekaufman Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all,
    I'm new and looking for friends to help motivate and keep each other on track. If you're looking for someone to check in with daily, send me a FR. A little about me: I'm 34, living in Ontario, and eat plant-based. I am getting married in 6 months and want to work on getting my diet aligned with a healthy lifestyle.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Hi been on mfp for years, but just got serious last August regarding my weight loss I've lost 40 lbs in The last 9 months, my goal weight is 165 lbs so I have 38 lbs to go. My mini goal is 199 lbs first, second goal 180 lbs final goal 165 lbs.Good luck all, need a friend add me.

• Onetina1
    Onetina1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi My name is Tina. I joined the group to get motivation and assistance with changing my eating habits. I thought that this would be a great place to start. As I have gotten older, exercise isn't enough.
  • taisaac
    taisaac Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I am Trina. I turned 53 on the 22nd of this month. I am tired of trying to go through this journey alone. I really need support and would like to be support for others. I want to see my blood numbers in a more desirable range. I want to get healthier and stay that way. As well, I would love to put on a little black dress and like what I see in the mirror. This looks like a safe place to say all of those things. I am excited to be a member of EM2WL.