What's on your mind?

Replies

• BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    Continue spending the day playing and work tonight? Or, work now and catch up on sleep tonight? I'm leaning towards the former but need to equalize at some point.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    No I'm sorry you guys but I don't believe you raise them the same... In a perfect world maybe...

But let's be honest... I have to worry a lot less about my boy going out and getting roofied by some creep, compared to...

I won't even finish the sentence... Parish the thought

I agree, the world is different for women and men, it's useless to ignore the fact. On the other hand, I don't know that being restrictive is the way to handle it, teach her to look out for herself while she takes on the world. Otherwise, at what age is she allowed to go do things? If you are just restricting but not teaching whats the long term goal?

I disagreed with your statement because you said you wanted them to be like your parents. I don't think we should push our children to be like certain people, let them embrace what they are and teach them to be the best version of themselves they can be.

I think I was either misunderstood or misspoke entirely when I said strict... It was tongue and cheek, just me teasing my son and I felt like sharing... A humorous way at looking at how the world could be different with double standards and all...

Of course I'm going to let her out of the box when she's old enough... Say 28 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...

But what I'm saying is the things I want to instill in her are very different than what I will teach my boy... Call it unfair, call it bias, unequally, whatever...

To hell with fair, these are your kids we are talking about and it's not a fair and equal world... And who doesn't want to teach their kids the valuable lessons they learned from their parents...

It sounds like we are in agreement just maybe from different angles... 💕
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    No I'm sorry you guys but I don't believe you raise them the same... In a perfect world maybe...

But let's be honest... I have to worry a lot less about my boy going out and getting roofied by some creep, compared to...

I won't even finish the sentence... Parish the thought

I agree, the world is different for women and men, it's useless to ignore the fact. On the other hand, I don't know that being restrictive is the way to handle it, teach her to look out for herself while she takes on the world. Otherwise, at what age is she allowed to go do things? If you are just restricting but not teaching whats the long term goal?

I disagreed with your statement because you said you wanted them to be like your parents. I don't think we should push our children to be like certain people, let them embrace what they are and teach them to be the best version of themselves they can be.

I think I was either misunderstood or misspoke entirely when I said strict... It was tongue and cheek, just me teasing my son and I felt like sharing... A humorous way at looking at how the world could be different with double standards and all...

Of course I'm going to let her out of the box when she's old enough... Say 28 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...

But what I'm saying is the things I want to instill in her are very different than what I will teach my boy... Call it unfair, call it bias, unequally, whatever...

To hell with fair, these are your kids we are talking about and it's not a fair and equal world... And who doesn't want to teach their kids the valuable lessons they learned from their parents...

It sounds like we are in agreement just maybe from different angles... 💕

So it was a mistake naming our son 'Daisy' ?

Drat.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I was told that when my hair grew back it could grow out curly, my hair grew out straight until yesterday morning. Not sure what happened over night but if my hair would be red I'd look like Annie the Orphan 😅
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

I don’t know anything about your curly hair, but I have curly hair and I sleep with it in a pineapple (basically a high pony tail) and am pretty much able to take it out give my head a few shakes and go. Sometimes I spray some water with a bit of conditioner or curl cream in it and give it a scrunch. I highly recommend sleeping with a pineapple!

No ponytail for me 😅 I lost all of my hair when i was going through chemo. It started to grow again but all of a sudden it's curly AF and my hair is only like 2 inches long at the moment😂 I'll have to try that when my hair is longer if it's still curly. Thanks for the tips xox

Well, you rock it then! Hope you're feeling healthy and kicking it<3

ps: sorry I was late in replying to this . . .

Thank you ❤ I'm feeling better than ever! 😊
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I was told that when my hair grew back it could grow out curly, my hair grew out straight until yesterday morning. Not sure what happened over night but if my hair would be red I'd look like Annie the Orphan 😅
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

I don’t know anything about your curly hair, but I have curly hair and I sleep with it in a pineapple (basically a high pony tail) and am pretty much able to take it out give my head a few shakes and go. Sometimes I spray some water with a bit of conditioner or curl cream in it and give it a scrunch. I highly recommend sleeping with a pineapple!

No ponytail for me 😅 I lost all of my hair when i was going through chemo. It started to grow again but all of a sudden it's curly AF and my hair is only like 2 inches long at the moment😂 I'll have to try that when my hair is longer if it's still curly. Thanks for the tips xox

@Miss_Chiev0us
    That friend I told you about, I hadn’t see her since late last summer. I saw her a few weeks ago and her hair is back to its regular straight texture! It was soooo curly. I didn’t think it would go back, I had no idea. She looked good either way but she’s more comfortable like this.

They go away for alot of people. In my case, my hair just keeps getting bigger and bigger 😅😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Me to my son...

You know son, you may think you're treated unfairly and held to much stricter standards than your little sister...

But just wait until you guys are teenagers, because I'm likely to be waayy more strict with her, and probably let you get away with waayy more than she ever could 🤷🏽‍♂️

NO NO NO!

...little tip, my brother and I are one year apart. We always did everything super fair, split things right down the middle type stuff. As a teenager my mom requested extra stuff from me and wanted my brother to accompany my friends and me when we went out (which he didnt want to - he wanted to stay home and play video games)

...know what that causes? Teen-aged girl rebellion...the reason I don't want kids and if I did I sure as helk wouldn't want a daughter (like me)

...be forewarned

Treat her fairly and equally, Trust her

Teach her the stuff you teach your boy too. I don't know how to change a tire and used to get other people to pump my gas (I can do it now, but have never put in swisher wiper fluid)

I did watch and help my more capable friend change my headlight bulb tho - she broke it in the fixture and I figured out how to get it out!

Anyhow, my 'not a parent' advice is to treat them the same and provide the same life skills to both...and trust you are building their confidence and skill sets...gender exclusive

Fair is square!!

just yesterday a very strict parent friend told me how she came home mid-day last week to check on her kid who was virtual schooling and found a boy hiding in the closet in his underwear so i think this is right

terrible. just terrible. you know back in my day we respected women.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    You were making a joke, right? :)
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I’m wondering how folks here seem to have the ability to take great pics without them being selfies. How do you all do it? Self timer? Photographers that follow you around? Instagram spouses? 🤔
  • BrustMannEiner
    I’m wondering how folks here seem to have the ability to take great pics without them being selfies. How do you all do it? Self timer? Photographers that follow you around? Instagram spouses? 🤔

I was wondering the same about you.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

Thank you ❤ I'm feeling better than ever! 😊
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    ln7byjxp28h0.jpg

@Miss_Chiev0us
    That friend I told you about, I hadn’t see her since late last summer. I saw her a few weeks ago and her hair is back to its regular straight texture! It was soooo curly. I didn’t think it would go back, I had no idea. She looked good either way but she’s more comfortable like this.

They go away for alot of people. In my case, my hair just keeps getting bigger and bigger 😅😂

It took quite a long time for her! Her hair got bigger too. Really big.
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    Self restraint at my moms with all the soda in her house.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Sleep. Been up since 2am :'(
  • BrustMannEiner

No rest for the wicked. Hop on over. We're having another gathering. Food, fun, and fireworks!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

No rest for the wicked. Hop on over. We're having another gathering. Food, fun, and fireworks!

its Thursday!?

But ok...if you insist. Just don't be made if i pass out in the chip bowl :#
  • BrustMannEiner

its Thursday!?

But ok...if you insist. Just don't be made if i pass out in the chip bowl :#

Won't be mad if you pass out in the chip bowl if you don't be mad if I give you mouth to mouth resuscitation if you pass out in the guac and I have to rescue you. ;)
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    chick fil a is *kitten* beacon of light & goodness in these forsaken times, esp their lemonade/tea combo
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    chick fil a is *kitten* beacon of light & goodness in these forsaken times, esp their lemonade/tea combo

Arnold Palmers are awesome... I hear their biscuits are amazing
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Funny how when you stop eating on the outside, you realize something has been eating you from the inside all along. You were just suppressing it with food till now.

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Funny how when you stop eating on the outside, you realize something has been eating you from the inside all along. You were just suppressing it with food till now.

Tapeworms? 🤔
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Tapeworms? 🤔

😂