LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is awesome on the hallway.......I get in those moods, like with organization, this weekend i opened this multi purpose drawer (AKA a drawer full of mostly crap) and two hours later, I had re-organized half the kitchen drawers and pantry area :) LOVE LOVE LOVE that happy feeling when you finish a project or do something that has been needed for a long time. So YAY YOU :) and yeah---you totally forget about food if you stay busy :)......

The babies are super cute. and look like they are really growing too :)

Super cool on your weigh in :) you will be in the 170s in no time girl :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    184 on the dot this morning, but I forgot to weigh again before I ate. I also haven't pooped yet today either. Took digestive enzymes w/ my dinner last night and well, they're definitely helping. Mushrooms usually go right through my system but it's staying put and getting digested like it should hopefully /nodnod

OOO DH and I have also been trying out some Quest products. THeir chips are ok. Have a weird dryness to them, but has that chip crunch so it's satisfying for a keto friendly junk food.
    He also bought some Quest chocolate chip cookies too. We got those yesterday and I had one after dinner and holy smokes it's good. Big soft delicious cookie!

Total calories yesterday was in the range of 1200-1300. Maybe a little more or less b/c I didn't actually measure anything. Guessed on how much I ate lol.

This morning, I did my first 1k on the elliptical though! WOO!
    Took 20mins and yeah. Wasn't too bad. I did bursts where I'd go faster than I'm used to so got in some good cardio I think. I only had resistance slighly more than nothing and incline was at the lowest setting. Just keeping it at that for now until I get used to doing it. Hopefully I'll have longer bursts of faster strides and will get that 20mins shaved down quite a bit :) Then I'll start increasing resistance, going up on incline, etc.

Already wasted half the day away though. Now I need to finish setting up the kids school stuff and making sure all of that works and getting the kids used to using their laptops. Joy.... :\
    Trying to get my daughter to do some extra math and reading right now since we slacked off on that this summer and I swear... I might as well be trying to get our kittens to do it with how resistant she is. So frustrating.

• LiLee2018
    DH is outside finishing up the kids' desks so have a little time.
    Food today was pretty good. Had 2 cheese quesadilla's for lunch along w/ a couple of nacho cheese quest chips.
    Had like 2 baby pickles for a quick snack, then dinner was about 5oz ribeye and stir fried veggies. Also had a quest chocolate chip cookie.

Calories are at around 1300-1400.

Pretty darn happy with that.

An according to MFP, if I keep this up then I'll be 176.something in 5 weeks. We'll see MFP. We'll see! lol
  • volgirl1322
    Sounds like you are doing awesome!!!! You will be in the 170's in no time!1! Super cool on the working out.......

Hope school goes good. We found out last night that our district will stay virtual until at least after Fall break in October, and perhaps the entire semester. When they phase in it will be K-2 first........We are in a groove so that is cool for us :)
  • LiLee2018
    PHEW
    2nd day of 100 strides on the elliptical was A LOT harder. I bumped up the resistance by 2 (from 3 to 5) and that made it A LOT more difficult. By the 500 stride mark, my legs were done. Time on it today was 23mins which still isn't too much more than it was yesterday, but more bc I couldn't do like I had done yesterday... doing about 100 give or take strides at a faster pace then resting and doing a slower pace, wash repeat. After that mid point, I had to go slower or at a medium pace b/c my legs weren't having any more of the faster pace lol
    Weak. SO weak! lol
    I got it done though so yay! :)

• LiLee2018
    I am having some mood issues today. Might be stress related again (seriously... I think trying to get my daughter to do the little bit of school work is causing my stress to go up more).
    Was feeling good and happy earlier after I worked out, but the bad sleep I've been getting has caught up with me and now I'm just having lots of doubt and feeling frustrated.
    Am I doing enough? Why do I need to stay so low calories to get my weight to move at all. Hell, even staying low calories and it's going UP (but I haven't pooped so I know why but the doubt is still creeping in to my head).
    Just... BLEH!
    I hate stress. I really do. Had a dream last night that my hair was falling out in fist fulls. Really good indicator that I'm stressed right now.
    Grrrr.... I just wish I could figure out something to stop this. Deep breathing helps, but I need some other way.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm sorry you are so stressed and its probably why you are having a hard time losing. I hope you're stress free soon 🙏❤

• LiLee2018
    edited August 2020
    Can't get to sleep. Mind is racing on how I can get a small jump on teaching my daughter multiplication.
    I mean some of it is pretty easy though so hopefully she'll pick up on the easy parts quick and it won't be so stressful tomorrow. FX!

Thankfully my mood got a bit better earlier. I'm still having doubts, but I'll work through them somehow. Just have to keep going though, no matter what.

And while the digestive enzymes help... b/c the food is sitting in my system for longer.. I am having some horrible gas. I mean, I'll get bad gas when I cheat, but normally on keto, any gas I get doesn't smell at all.
    BUT I have been eating a lot more veggies now. Ate some cooked broccoli tonight and well... my gas would clear the room if anyone was up with me right now lol. Holy smokes it's bad. SO BAD.
    I know you all want to hear about what's coming out of my behind :wink: rofl
  • LiLee2018
    edited August 2020
    Unplanned rest day today. Stress is messing with my sleep really bad. Normal bed time is 10 and even with melatonin, I didn't get to bed until after midnight last night and slept horribly.
    I'm SO tired and worn out and that's even after having caffeine.
    Just taking today to rest... physically and hopefully mentally too.

Not sure what lunch will be. Was debating between fried cabbage or sauted zucchini. Think I'll go with the zucchini w/ mushrooms. Sounds yummy, especially if I sprinkle with some of my ramen soup mix powder.

Think I'm gonna have a cup of coffee too. Don't want to drink another Monster (b/c they're expensive AF), but I really need more caffeine right now.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I used to help out in my kids elementary school class. Teacher asked me to help out a lil girl with math. She absolutely had no interest in it. She was pretty chubby...and I knew she loved cookies...so lol...I related all the math to cookies. That really made it fun and relatable to her. We would add, substract, multiply, divide fictional cookies. She caught on pretty quickly. I did the same using money as examples for other kids...how many pennies would you have if so and so scenario happened. Maybe try with money with her...might make it more tangible for her and fun. First use like 100 real pennies and show her how many pennies she would have if she had 10 and then times it by 4 so she can see the mechanics of it.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Firstly, congrats on getting down to 180s :star::+1: Keep up the good work! You will see 170s soon :) I have been so stressed out that I can only sleep after 4am and then I have to get up by 8am to get my kids ready for online learning, set up the shop and other stuff. I have also been told countless of times that if I don't enough sleep, I will gain weight and NOT lose weight. So, I guess with me not sleeping well, grazing as I am stressed out, I ballooned up to 127 lbs. Well, I am starting again and hopefully, all of us can see more weight loss! Keep up the good work :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    Kat- That's a great idea. She has a piggy bank and she does love playing with the money in it. I'm usually hesitant to let her play with it bc she forgets to put it back up, but I will definitely let her play with it more often. Maybe it will help. Won't hurt to try out at least.

jade- UGH I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now too. BIG HUGS energy your way.

Last night was a night filled with too much alcohol! WAY too much. Slightly hung over today, but overall it's not so bad after I ate something.
    My new fav quick meal is making myself a 'pizza'. One of the low carb tortilla shells, Ragu, pepperoni slices and cheese. Put the heat on medium low and just let it slowly heat up. Oh and cover the top lightly with some foil so the cheese melts. I'm sure it would work in the oven too, but that would take too long lol.
    So yummy and really satisfies the pizza craving AND wanting something that doesn't require a lot of effort to fix.

I did have some popcorn last night too, but that was it. I'm usually a snack fiend when I drink so I'm pretty happy with just having some popcorn instead of stuffing my face with junk.

Kitten news!
    They're both doing great.
    The flea stuff didn't work completely though. BAH! Not sure what's going on. The fleas shouldn't have built up any kind of resistance to it since inlaws don't use the stuff and our dogs don't have fleas so these fleas didn't come from them.
    DH is taking them to the vet on the 1st. Guess they can give them that treat thing that kills the fleas instantly or something.
    Haven't seen any fleas in the bathroom, but I'm sure the little *kitten* are probably hiding in other places.

Anywho, other than the continued flea saga, both of them are doing great.
    JJ (calico) is a chunky little thing. LOVES eating and loves the cat treats we bought.
    Mia isn't a huge fan of the treats though. Oh well.

And yep, that's about it. I'll have to get some more photos of them soon :)
  • jadepearl
    That pizza sounds delicious <3 Popcorn is so low calories that its considered a good snack <3
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah I'm not too worried about the little bit of popcorn I had.

This weekend was pretty ok other than the hangover. Just getting the kids ready for their first day. Daughter has already started, just waiting for my son's first day. So weird that his first day of school will be online, but we'll all adjust pretty quick to it I think.

I slept horribly last night. Like one of the worst nights of sleep ever. I woke up around 1 bc it kept feeling like I was getting bitten up by bugs. Not sure if it was in my head or what but it kept me up. I finally just got out of bed at around 3:30 and I've been up since.

I'm light headed like crazy b/c I'm exhausted and running on caffeine right now. I didn't want it to be another day of no exercise so I hopped on the elliptical once everyone was awake and got it done. Slower pace most of the time b/c I'm exhausted already, but I got in my 1k strides.
    I did eat part of my son's apple not too long ago. After I got off the elliptical, I started getting nauseous and even more light headed. Not exactly keto, but I didn't want the apple to go to waste (bc he wasn't eating it all) and I needed something. It helped though. No more nausea. Still have the exhausted light headed thing going but oh well. At least I don't have anywhere to go today.

Yesterday was pretty sucky though. My youngest woke up with a stomach bug. No idea where the heck he picks it up from. Thinking he got it a couple days ago b/c he's had some gross poops and it finally resulted in him throwing for half the day yesterday. But again, NO clue where he would've gotten a stomach bug. The other 2 kids are fine thankfully.

• volgirl1322
    I am so sorry with your sleep issues that is so horrible.......And oh no on the bug that is the worst......hope things start to improve :)........You totally can reach your goal though ---you are killing it with exercise <3:)
  • Brendalea69
    Hope the stomach bug is gone soon, ughh :( Did you cook your pizza on the stove top? I make my pizza on a low carb shell as well and cook it in my airfryer, comes out awesome :)
  • LiLee2018
    Did you cook your pizza on the stove top? I make my pizza on a low carb shell as well and cook it in my airfryer, comes out awesome :)

I did it on stove top. Put the setting at about a 5/5.5. Once I've added all the toppings I put a sheet of foil over it and heat it until the cheese is melted.
    I'll have to try it in the air fryer though. What temp and how long do you do yours for??
    I am so sorry with your sleep issues that is so horrible.......And oh no on the bug that is the worst......hope things start to improve :)........You totally can reach your goal though ---you are killing it with exercise <3:)

Thanks! While I'm still at the lowest rung of the fitness level, I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far. I mean, of course I could do more IF I could get some better sleep though.
    If I can, I'll definitely be going to bed early.

Thankfully my baby boy was ok by a little after 2 yesterday. AND thankfully when he was throwing up, it was just liquids since he hadn't eaten anything since dinner the night before.

I'm soooo tired but also weirdly not tired. Difficult to explain. Like, it definitely feels like I'm running on fumes, but I'm not in total mombie mode.
    Probably b/c I keep getting up to check on the kids.
    So far so good on virtual learning. It is just the first day though. Lets see how it goes once they're actually supposed to be learning something.

• Brendalea69
    400° I cook my wrap for 4 minutes then I put on my toppings and cook it for 5 more minutes :p
  • jadepearl
    (((Hugs))) Hope you feel better soon <3 Do it slowly my dear...once you get into the exercise groove, it will be just another routine in your daily life. Keep up the good work <3
  • LiLee2018
    jadepearl wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) Hope you feel better soon <3 Do it slowly my dear...once you get into the exercise groove, it will be just another routine in your daily life. Keep up the good work <3

Yeah, I'm really not trying to push myself to do like HIIT or anything like that right now. I'd just end up hurting myself and having to stop lol. I'm trying to push myself just a tiny amount for now. Like not taking long slower paced breaks, going at a faster pace for 20-50 strides... things like that.
    I'm working my way slowly to getting better :)

Sleep was SO much better last night. Maybe b/c I had to take some allergy meds b/c I dared to stand outside for like 10 minutes (and get eaten a live by mosquitoes)... but holy moly... SO much better. I need every night to be like that lol.

My knee was bothering me some this morning so I kept resistance lower on the elliptical, but to make up for it, tried to keep up a faster pace for longer when I could.
    Got it done and happy with it :) I THINK I'm going to try including some upper body weight training stuff tomorrow. Nothing major and it will depend on how I'm feeling too. I'll have to look up if you should do cardio before or after. I don't think it will really matter since I'm not doing either one of them to like full efficiency or anything though.